[Proposal] MDAO Council Interest

I am writing to express my interest in the MDAO council position. My journey thus far has been colored by diverse experiences in community growth and project management, and I am eager to channel this energy into contributing to MDAO’s continued success.

My Journey in Community Growth

Previous roles include ex-Facebook Developer Cycle local community

co-lead, Salesforce Trailblazer developers group Regional Community Lead,

Tableau community ambassador

Google Student Club lead,

Gate.io community Manager intern,

MoonBeam ambassador,

Co-founding a local web3 community with more than 15k members currently in tg

Contributor to the GWG, later actively involved in contributing to the RCDAO and a current MDAO advisor

As a current MDAO advisor, I have had the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of the MDAO culture and working process. This unique perspective, coupled with my previous background in community growth, positions me as a perfect candidate. I will not be starting from scratch; instead, I will bring an insider’s understanding of MDAO’s ethos and operations.

In stepping into the role of a council member, am committed to leveraging my varied experiences to enhance the growth and process of the MDAO. My goal is to contribute not only as a council member if chosen, but also as a hands-on participant with our various project founders and ecosystem leaders, working with you all to shape the trajectory of MDAO.

I am excited to discuss my proposal further and see how we can work together to increase the impact of MDAO.

Linkedin profile
Twitter (X) profile

Thanks

Bakaka

19 Likes

I have only ever experienced very exact expertise from @Bakaka on how to succeed better in marketing. I think he will do a great job of saving the @marketingdao-council a lot of funds as he will likely be quite strict on which proposals they support. I have seen him stretch the total allocation for marketing much farther than his peers (he consistently gets the most bang for the buck).

I say this in the best way possible. Now that might mean that members should consider counter-balancing him with more generous council members. I’m proud to say that I have been part of a grant that Bakaka has consistently supported. UNFORTUNATELY, I think he might slightly limit the actual amount of funding disseminated to the community for the purpose of growing the ecosystem (whatever happens, don’t choke out the growth of the ecosystem).

All in all, I will absolutely support Baka because of the amount of work we consistently watch him put in as he becomes a master of his craft. He can be the Iron Fist of standards, so long as he is paired with the Velvet Glove of generosity of other council members. At the end of the day, all proposals should be looked into with more depth and healthy criticism, which he can provide.

Many ecosystem participants might not back him, just because he has asked them to consistently drop the total price on their proposals (understandably since budgets are tight), but I don’t think there are a lot of people that offer a healthy level of scrutiny like he does. Quite frankly, I would vote that he gets put up for a Transparency Commission position as well!

My personal take, if he seems overly critical, DM him! He is very approachable and will help you grow your project’s metrics towards the healthy numbers he so desires for you.

Very Respectfully,

Noah (Nono) Major
PR / SMM NEKO
PR / SMM JumpDefi

4 Likes

We endorse @Bakaka’s proposal for the MDAO council position, confident in the expertise and vision brought to the table.

3 Likes

Highly confident on your abilities and expertise to take on this role, your promotion to the council after diligently serving as an advisor will surely be an improvement to the MDAO and the whole community

1 Like

I’ve just met @Bakaka through my Twitter @SocialmeetClub like 1 month ago, my proposal was postponed to November so I can’t have a clear idea about his criteria, however when I asked him many questions, He always answered back and also I asked about Meritocracy Plugin and the change of wallet of NEAR, and he offered to connect me with the developer team of NEAR for trying to help and try to guide me in the process for keep going with the project, he looks like real care about projects and NEAR ecosystem. I read the comments here that he is kind of strict but happily in San Francisco that is The 2nd U.S. city with the highest cost of living, all salaries ranges are public, he just needs to Google and he can also ask to Cameron who lives in SF about how expensive are the marketing people here and Lawyers, so he can have a clear idea how can get the balance about the reality of other countries and cities and Silicon Valley but fortunately the result of Silicon Valley have also more attention than other countries too, so at the end of the day is more expensive but the results have a bigger impact too, I left my proposal here again and happy to answer any questions and I hope so he still in charge because every question that he ask have a logical reason, so I like this kind of people who base his criteria in facts, research and KPIs. I like the professionals in charge as CEO and Founder of Socialmeet The Best Meritocracy Club in the World, because my startup always respects and looks for merit, not nepotism as is normally governed in the world. https://gov.near.org/t/proposal-meritocracy-plugin-connect-near-with-43-of-the-internet-meritocracy-for-women-influential-circle-near-women-spanish-divisions-of-meritocracy/36778

3 Likes

I really wish u all the best @Bakaka he has really been supportive towards the our community.

1 Like

I want to leave a bit of my objective perspective as one of the community working with bakaka on the forum, about Bakaka’s current pre-council or advisor work.

he joined in our forum since oct 2022, and have 7D (168 hours) reading on forum,
14.4K posts read by him.

→ 7D is the high number more than with another councils and advisor or anyone do samilar job on in past
→ Average reading and spending time each days since he joined(1 year) on forum is ~2h per day higher than anyone serving same his job.
→ Average reading and spending time to read posts/comments: 38 unit of post per day

• this data in my sense is so exactly base on my experience in the way Bakaka work, detailed-reviewing/feeling/reading (at least with media side view-point)
  • high effort in gathering and onwing-knowing in many kinds of entities on our Ecosystem,
  • necessary diligence in his work to serve this stage of marketingDAO (in the context of many “look-similar things” that need to be coordinated & regulated),
  • this Stage of MarketingDAO(and maybe whole of Ecosystem) really need these aspects of a council and complement other councils working at marketingDAO in context, ton of task Councils have to face many side of Projects, communities, finance, report, reviewing, final and important decisions…

if Bakaka become council, i just want to see more

• the way that he will encourage, or regulate, or change, or advise for projects and communities of leaders.
  • the way that he work outside of forum.

My comment is more about raising the value of excellent contributions than other unjust purposes, i hope bring more right sense for community feeling about Bakaka

Thank you Bakaka for your work, and keep you like the way that you started.

3 Likes

You have my support @Bakaka, your activity and dedication speaks for you. You are one advisor that has passion and integrity.

2 Likes