CREATIVES DAO NDC V1: NDC Budget Subcategory code HOM-004P-1-1-1 Ecosystem

Section 1 - DAO/Project Information

• Organization Name: Creatives DAO
  • Date of creation: 2021
  • DAO’s Category: Ecosystem

Section 2. Previous Funding

• Creatives DAO is an ecosystem DAO that has acted as a funding node in the NEAR ecosystem since 2021. Originally, Creatives DAO distributed funding from Near Foundation, then established its own Creatives DAO trust and has received funding from NDC Trust since May 2023.
  • Any source of funding:
    • January 2021 - September 2022; NEAR Foundation
    • October 2022 - February 2023; No source of funding
    • March 2023 - April 2023; NEAR Foundation
    • May 2023 - December 2023; NDC

See CreativesDAO Yearly Report 2023:

Section 3. DAO URLs

Section 4. Applicant Information

• Name of Point of Contact: William X, Paul, K
  • NEAR Wallet IDs: crans.near, kcpesce.near, williamxx.near
  • Wallet ID that will be receiving funds: creativesdao.sputnik-dao.near
  • Country of Residence: Registered as Guernsey Non-charitable Purpose Trust
  • Twitter, Telegram: https://twitter.com/CreativesDao
  • Additional Relevant Links: www.creativesdao.org

Section 5. Team Members

Please provide information about Team Members. Information should include (name, roles, near.social profile handles)

Councils

• Paul Crans (crans.near) Trustee/Council in CreativesDAO
  • William X (williamxx.near) Trustee/Council in CreativesDAO
  • K (kcpesce.near) Trustee/Council in CreativesDAO

Advisors

• Vandal (vandal.near) Advisor
  • EL (malamaya.near) Advisor

Section 6. Experience

What related qualifications, experience, or track record does your team bring to this initiative?

• @Paul

• An experienced music producer since 2011 / Paul Crans | Twitter | Linktree
    • Former accountant, holds master’s degree in accounting and finance
    • Core contributor to CreativesDAO since mid-2022
    • Former contributor to DAOrecords
    • BeatDAO founder
    • 4 years of blockchain experience
    • NEAR NDC OG/active voters
  • @williamx

• Early contributor of the NEAR ecosystem since 2021. I have been one of the most active contributors on the government process since then.
    • Open Web Sandbox regional moderator/project coordinator.
    • NxM DAO council & Founder of VN Artists DAO.
    • Organizer of the first NEAR MEET in Vietnam.
    • Content manager & AMA host for various crypto projects.
    • 5 years of blockchain experience.
    • NEAR NDC OG/active voters.
  • @kc_sollano

• Former Management Engineer in one of the award winning consultancy firm based in Philippines
    • Creative Coordinator in Philippine fashion industry since 2016
    • Data Curator for an AI project
    • Filipino Artist DAO founder
    • Project Coordinator for various Web 3 project across the world
    • 3 years of blockchain experience
    • Early contributor of the NEAR ecosystem since 2021
  • @vandal

• Hip Hop Artist for over 25 years
    • Experience running an Independent record label, artist management, digital distribution & other industry tasks
    • Connected to artists across the globe spearheading collaborations
    • Blockchain journey began in 2017 and over 3 years in the Near ecosystem (OG status)
    • Founder of NxM and previous Creatives DAO council member
    • Founder of DAOrecords and pioneer in the music NFT space
    • Experienced metaverse builder and event organiser
    • Creative approach to problem solving, community focused, idea machine
  • @MALAMAYA

• Interior Design graduate from The Pontifical and Royal University of Santo Tomas, Manila
    • Freelance Multimedia Artist for over 10 years
    • Into Blockchain for around 4 years, and have been introduced to the NEAR ecosystem for half of that time
    • Founder and Head of Studio for XOVOX Labs, a Metaverse Game Development Studio based in the Philippines
    • Founder and Lead Designer for DAOCre-8, a Decentralized Crowdfunding Platform for Creators that won 4th place in the Solana Hyperdrive Hackathon 2023
    • Contributing Artist for CryptoartPH, a collective of artists using all forms of creative mediums to further the Crypto Art movement in the Philippines
    • Cohort Artist in the Draper Startup House Artist Collective, an Arts Residency Program connecting Creatives with experts in bleeding-edge technology such as AI, XR, and Blockchain

THE CREATIVES DAO JOURNEY

• Short Summary of Your and Team’s Professional Experience

The Creatives DAO has been one of the most active ecosystem DAO that bring NEAR closer to the creative communities worldwide. Both funding practices and the structure of the DAO evolve through time to improve funding efficiency and adapt with the priorities of the NEAR ecosystem in different stages. Guernsey: Non-Charitable Purpose Trusts Community of the CreativesDAO have prepared a report in September which is available in two parts on the NEAR Social.

Creatives DAO has shifted its focus from funding content creation projects to more blockchain-focus & onboarding-oriented proposals in the creative field. We will continue to reaffirm this focus following NDC V1 priorities.

During V0 (May - Oct), we have:

• Established our Trust Instrument (Guernsey: Non-Charitable Purpose Trusts) to legally receive funding from NDC Trust and hold in the trust treasury. The instrument is advised by the Walkers Law Firm.
  • Presented and has exposure on notable Blockchain IRL events: NEAR APAC, ETH Milan
  • Funded initiatives in important ecosystem events: NEAR APAC & NEARCON
  • Funded and support the kick off of NDC NFT Working Group
  • Established partnerships and supported meaningful initiatives with:
    • Music Feast
    • GenaDrop Bounty for BOS hack,
    • El Cafe Cartel x MeteorWallet,
    • ShardDog,
    • MarmaJ
    • DAOrecords,
    • Minority Programmers
    • Filipino Artists Guild secured partnerships with Wacom, Gensokishi, YGG, Wacom, thanks to the CDAO support,
    • Pikespeak,
    • PotLock.

During V0.5 (Nov-Dec), we have:

Section 7. DAO/Project Charter/White or Litepaper and Goals

• Mission: The CreativesDAO’s mission is to propagate NEAR technology by supporting and funding the growth and development of the creative community and its projects, bringing NEAR’s tools/dapps into life.
  • Vision: Creatives DAO aims to become a hub for projects that provide and promote blockchain solutions for the creative industry on NEAR Protocol, onboarding creative devs & artists thus gaining recognition for the NEAR ecosystem.
  • DAO/Project Charter: The CreativesDAO Charter V1; Work In Progress, as stated in the CreativesDAO Charter, undergoes periodic review upon significant evolution of the NDC. It is set to be revised in NDC V1 to align more closely with the NEAR ecosystem.
  • How can your DAO / Project achieve NDC priorities, goals, and KPIs?
    Since the team is working full-time on CDAO, we are closely monitoring every approved project and its achievements. We have experimented with multiple metrics, scores, and KPIs and concluded that our main focus is team experience, value proposition measured in onboarded and active wallets, and the quality of the delivered content. We believe that a mix of these metrics will allow us to onboard more meaningful creative communities into NEAR and empower real-life artists. In order to stay in touch with the broader NEAR community, CDAO provides weekly updates, gathering the most important news from the Creatives neighborhood and beyond.

The guidelines for proposal assess in NDC V1: 2 - NDC V1 Priorities.pdf

CREATIVES NDC V1 OKRs

CREATIVES NDC V1 OKRs

OPERATIONS

• Objective 1: Involvement with NDC V1
    • KR: Community actively contribute to the forming of NDC V1 funding package
    • KR: Funding eligibility is reviewed and updated
    • KR: Funding metrics are revised to encourage established community & follow NDC V1 priorities
  • Objective 2: Funding practise: compulsory milestone based
    • KR: Fully upfront funding practice is terminated
    • KR: Report review policy is introduced (Report > Proposal)
    • KR: Reward agreement is modified to accommodate funding in installment
    • KR: Period funding is changed to milestone based funding
  • Objective 3: Easy & Accessible funding information for outsiders
    • KR: Funding portal on Creatives DAO website is updated
    • KR: Guidelines, templates are made available throughout website, & social media
  • Objective 4: Focus on expansion
    • KR: NDC V1 Priorities to be the north star of funding review
    • KR: Partnership with projects & existing community is prioritized

COMMUNITY

• Objective 1: Customer journey to be refined
    • KR: Website is redirected from all existing source
    • KR: Suggestion and tutorials for new-comers are easy to discover (Marmaj Foundation’s blogs)
    • KR: Experiment with on-chain community managed through NFTs & SBTs
  • Objective 2: Improve community engagement quality
    • KR: Weekly community call to change to bi-weekly community call
    • KR: Weekly news on NEAR Social is amplified via all channels

STRATEGIC GROWTH

• Objective 1: Creatives DAO becomes the creative hub of the entire community
    • KR: Partnership with ecosystem WGs & funding nodes are established
    • KR: Creative-related bounties from the NDC, including GWG are available for Creatives DAO members
  • Objective 2: Creatives DAO partners with projects via partnership
    • KR: Partner up with projects from Horizon and other voted BOS apps at NEARCON
    • KR: All partners receive the right support to achieve NDC V1 KPIs

PRODUCT

• Objective 1: Creatives DAO x GenaDrop products are completed
    • KR: DropFlow.xyz: a composable no-code customizable page builder for Creatives DAO members on BOS. The Webflow for creatives to drop
    • KR: CreativesDAO Gateway (Creatives DAO Planet): Design and run a Creatives DAO BOS gateway to streamline the experience
    • KR: drops.fund: A platform to highlight artists’ work, with community voting to prioritize top creative NFT drops, and fund the initiative.
    • KR: Creatives Builder Group to maintain active: A community centric group to facilitate the development of open source/public goods of Creative centric projects.
  • Objective 2: Promote Creatives DAO passport
    • KR: Creatives DAO passport to be used across CDAO activities

SOCIAL MEDIA & MARKETING

• Objective 1: Improve growth on X
    • KR: Reach 5000 organic followers (200% growth)
    • KR: Weekly updates is maintained
    • KR: All in-house activities are amplified

Section 8. Budget

• Creatives DAO V1 Budget
  • What is the length of Commitment to Delivering Your Project? The process is continually improving
  • Will your team be working on this project full time? Yes
  • Will your team be fully remunerated from this budget? Yes

Section 9. Project/DAO longevity

• Does your project/DAO require one-time or continuous funding? Ongoing funding
  • Will your DAO/Project device be a way of sustaining itself after this round of funding? N/A since CDAO is ecosystem DAO
  • What are the possible roadblocks to the success of your project/DAO?
    The potential roadblocks to the success of CreativesDAO include the complexity of available tools for newly onboarded creatives. While these complexities may not pose problems for insiders, they can present challenges for newcomers. This suggests that a possible roadblock is the lack of passionate individuals around NEAR and beyond. The second roadblock pertains to proper reporting or the failure to deliver the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) by the community. Although we believe everyone works with the best intentions, real-life problems might be the ones that could lead to unfulfilled promised KPIs. The third potential roadblock could be the constant need for pivoting and restructuring within the community. Since the DAO is always a work in progress, this constant need for adaptation might pose a serious roadblock in achieving previously set goals.

Section 10. Legal wrapper

Section 11. Project/DAO Roadmap

• January 2024:
    • Charter Update; implementation of the HoM’s KPIs to the DAO metrics, setting up 1/1 artists support leveraging CPlanet, setting up funding to individual contributors,
    • Researching decentralized tools for community management and incorporating these within the DAO; exiting from Telegram & Discord,
    • Rebranding (logo),
  • February 2024:
    • Opening first V1 funding round for the community and individuals (milestone based),
    • Onboarding NEAR projects, big artists from different chains to CreativesDAO by single artists support event,
  • March 2024:
    • Opening second V1 funding round for the community and individuals (milestone based),
    • Bounty for CPlanet adoption,
    • Preparation for V2
41 Likes

Thank you for the support, CDAO! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

I appreciate your efforts and support always!

5 Likes

Appreciate the support always! Thank you

5 Likes

I am writing to express my interest in contributing to your efforts in onboarding people through entertainment, arts, music, and education on Web3. With a strong background in these fields and a deep understanding of Web3 technologies, I believe I can make a valuable contribution to Creatives DAO.

I have an excellent reputation in music and entertainment, with a focus on leveraging Near technology to enhance the user experience and encourage creativity. Throughout my Creatives journey and professional experiences, I have witnessed the transformative power of entertainment, art, music, and education in engaging and inspiring individuals to web3.

I gained experience in Web3 principles, including blockchain technology, smart contracts, dApps, DeFi, and NFTs. I add a good understanding of the Near ecosystem and have experience working with platforms such as decentralized identity solutions. I am also familiar with emerging Web3 protocols and standards, and keep up to date with the latest developments in the field.

My passion for technology, combined with my expertise in entertainment, arts, music, and education, makes me uniquely positioned to contribute to your onboarding initiatives. I am dedicated to creating inclusive and accessible experiences that empower individuals to explore, learn, and express themselves in the Web3 space.

Creatives DAO must continue to run to develop the ecosystem and be part of good governance for creativity.

Love you guys! Good work! Keep It Up :heart_on_fire: @kc_sollano @Paul @williamx
Cheers my Big Bro @vandal and new one @MALAMAYA

@creativesdao-council

13 Likes

Just want to share my excitement for being more involved in shaping the future of Creatives DAO as an official advisor, and that based on this proposal we are ready to move forward with an aligned strategy and focus. Yes, things are changing, but I believe this change is ultimately for the best as we strive for a sustainable and productive future for the creative industry on Near :100::tada:

12 Likes

Thanks for all your support! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Just want to share our on-going gallery with Gia Kiem Art Center: https://gka.vndao.art/

This could not be done without the support of Creatives DAO. Another partnership is under discussion process and will be on air soon next week

7 Likes

Thank you for all the support!! Awesome :heart::heart::heart:

6 Likes

This is a great initiative cdao​:clap:

5 Likes

Thanks creative DAO for hard work and delivery amazing experience for users that entering in web3​:pray::sunflower:

7 Likes

This is very lovely… Well outlined and stated… It really shows how the Near future is about to be positively shaped… Great work

4 Likes

This is so great and crystal clear. As creatives we have to be useful to the larger community and then CDAO will back us up. Very clever and insightful. Thank you, CDAO :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Congratulations for the great work CDAO! Very well structured document and I can’t thank enough what you’ve been doing to support the global creatives communities! I’m very thankful!
I wish you all peace, light, health, success and let’s keep creating!

Much love,
Klara Kopi (OG).

7 Likes

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I’ve been lurking for quite a while now and am excited to be able to contribute further as a creative myself. Wonderful initiative and hoping to hear more of everyone’s ideas in the future! Cheers! :beers:

6 Likes

Retrospective milestone based funding and support for individuals… :eyes:

Interesting :zap:

5 Likes

Thanks for specifying everything with such clarity! So happy and proud to be a part of CDAO :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great to see how you are working so hard to see the success of decentralization, keep the good work moving

2 Likes

Shout out to the councils! A lot of goodies are packed in V.1… Let’s have it!:raised_hands:t3::rocket::star2:

3 Likes

Creative dao has been a support system for the youngfresh dao community, and so many other communities in Africa. I’m looking forward to the greater milestones that will be achieved in 2024, I’m also happy to see @vandal as part of the new creative dao advisor…

3 Likes

Very concise and well composed!

2 Likes