[Closed] April 2022 - Introduction of near to 1 million youths within Lagos Nigeria -

Hello @Sholaspark
I like your energy and enthusiasm.
How did you know about NEAR and who helped you with onboarding?
What previous events (where you meet with NEAR) did you visit?

Your proposal looks like a promotion (I see someone correctly tagged marketing-dao)
PS: sorry, onboarding-dao doesn’t support events with budget over $500

1 Like

Hi @dacha
Thank you for your kind response.
Kindly find attached excel sheet for publicity.

After putting a call through to the printing agency, I found out that prices had gone up a bit so budget is slightly off but has been adjusted in the sheet above

The target used to plan for this event are as follows: min up…
100 onboarded
1000 on site
5000 reached via one on one reach out and online publicity.

Please bear in mind that these materials well be used through it the 1 million youths campaign so in the next project, most of the items won’t be purchased again. Things like banners, t shirts, face caps. Except more hands are adopted for faster and wider reach.

Rehearsals logistics refers to the cost of transportation of everyone in the planning committee and also the upcoming performing acts for the day. It will also feature anything else unaccounted for that may arise in the process.

All expenses will be accounted for in final report.

These are the cost of refreshments as of today. Targeting for min of 1000 people during onboarding.
I assume it’ll take lots of days to onboard them so we’ll have it in batches. These refreshments should last them all during onboarding period.

Hi @mr_free

There were about 2 most recent I attended @larkim

Attended some metaverse events on cryptovoxel like MuTi live, and @larkims Traditional Event, and i also attended steeryo album launch last year.
before I got onboarded by @Hawwal. The last one I believe was hawwal’s nxm astro voyager live recording.

3 Likes

[quote="[proposal] April 2022 - Introduction of near to 1 million youths within Lagos Nigeria -, post:10, topic:17669"]
Oh yes I have. I’m a crypto enthusiasts and I’ve been for quite a while. I was introduced into the near eco system by @hawwal but have been active in activities in NXM.
[/quote]

It’s great. So, you are familiar with other blockchains, right? What blockchains are you familiar with?
Did you promote other blockchains before? if yes - share please your experience.
Thank you so much!

I’m familiar with blockchains, yes, but for promotion… Not really. I’m mostly an active trader in binance, octa fx…etc
But NEAR COMMUNITY is the first of it’s kind I’ve encountered hence my dire interest in it’s promotion.

I may be new in the NEAR COMMUNITY but I’ve been a leader & creative art director for years, managing thousands in my few years so most of my concerns have been the growth and empowering of young people being that I work with them daily.
This keeps me really busy with events That involves them. But with the discovery of the Near eco system and all it entails, I’ve keen interest because amidst all the happenings in the world today, I see it’s potential to really put the future in the hands of the youths.

These events are things that always happen with me and this current campaign,1 million youths In 2022, will definitely happen.

But I can only imagine the possibilities of NEAR coming on board. The ripple effect will be revolutionary.

P.s although I don’t think I tagged onboarding-dao because yes it’s really publicity and marketing initiative but I think daos should be able to come together, combining resources to make greater impact when/should need be rare opportunity presents itself.
We’re one after all.

@mr_free

2 Likes

If i got you right, important part of your life is fashion, I believe that you have at least one costume for events.

How many wallets were opened? Would be great to see a list of them. Thank You

I’m suggesting to you start the way with 10-20 people, and reduce rewards to $200-$300
Thanks

3 Likes

@Dacha
Well, yes but those costumes have other branded designs on them from other events. I was looking at costumes branded with NEAR LOGO to drive the message in.

The Onboarding is today. Have quite a number of people who are ready and will be meeting with them shortly. But was awaiting final pay out to receive funds for onboarding but that hasn’t been approved yet.

Okay then, I’ll go with your suggestions. Perhaps, anything more might be really overwhelming.

I’ll adjust the necessary above. Thanks so much for your wise and kind response.:heart:

1 Like

Thank You. Yes, I think it’s great solution. Let’s start the ball rolling and see on results :muscle:

1 Like

Total budget now @ $1604 instead of initial $1804. @dacha

Good evening, I meant ~ $200 for first event . Thanks

1 Like

At this point, there is not enough clear information and detail about the event for me to support the funding request.

There is a screenshot of a spreadsheet for $504, but I do not see details about:

• Event date
  • Event schedule
  • How one on one outreach is being done and for what purpose
  • How onboarding is happening and how you are proposing to use the funding for that, for example: “the main onboarding should be 3-4 weeks immediately after the event which will be another proposal period”

It’s just too vague and unclear for me at this point. For an example of an approved multi-event proposal, you might want to check out this one:

2 Likes

Can i broadly give details… Is the window sill open for this month?

@Sholaspark If you need help, send pm.

1 Like

I’d really appreciate that

you can use that template.

3 Likes

Thank you for offering to help!

3 Likes

Please note that all changes and suggestions have been considered and drafted into their proposal below.
Find below A more elaborate draft of the proposal above.

INTRODUCTION OF 1 MILLION YOUTHS TO THE NEAR COMMUNITY (PHASE 1)
Name of event: youth Easter fiesta (NEAR protocol, block chain, web 3 and the role NEAR COMMUNITY could play in your lives from today)
Currency in use : Nigerian naira.
Exchange rate to us dollar: ₦550 to $1
Exchange rate to NEAR: $16.1 to N1
Total Budget requested: $1,908 ~ NEAR
-venue:$500
-Guest artist: $300
-refreshments during Onboarding: $100
-activation of wallets: 17 NEAR ~ $274
-Publicity: $509
-online publicity: $150
-logistics: $70
Pay out: sholaspark.near

Phase 1 :
This is the debut project of a series of events all focused on introducing 1 million youths to the NEAR community by the end of December 2022

Phase 1 target:

• hosting, engaging & educating 1000 people on event day about : (NEAR protocol, block chain, web 3 and the role NEAR COMMUNITY could play in your lives from today.)
  • onboarding & activation of minimum of 100 wallets On event day.

Theme name of phase 1 event:
Youth Easter Fiesta.
Date: 30th April 2022
Time: 9am - 5pm
Venue: number 13 manuwa Street, off keffi , off obafemi Awolowo, Lagos Nigeria

Booking venue cost @ $500
A cheaper venue was gotten that same package as previous venue. With this package, we’re allowed to host our planning and strategy meetings at the venue in their mini office 3 times a week till the event day and then to use the main hall on the event day.

Event agenda:
• - 9am -Event will kick off with group discussions. 4 different forums grouped by their ages ranging from teenagers to youths (13yrs - 30yrs) where questions and answers will take place. During these forums, they’ll be educated about NEAR protocol, block chain, web 3 and the role it could play in their lives from today.

• 1pm- onboarding & activation of wallets will begin as they are given refreshments.

• 3pm- concert with invited music artist & influencer (Moses bliss) + super session with myself & hawwal;
    • Shola Spark: educating them about the world today and their role in it
    • Hawwal: web 3, near community, block chain and the role it can play in their lives.
    ($300 will cover booking fee which includes logistics of the invited guest artist (Moses bliss).
    Login • Instagram

Refreshments: $100 ($1 per person)
A NEAR Power-up pack (NEAR-Pup) will contain a sausage roll, bottled water and a can drink & will be branded with NEAR LOGO for all onboardees.
Paper bag: ₦100
Bottled water: ₦50
Pet drink : Pepsi ₦325 each Pepsi Pet Drink 50cl X 12 | Jumia Nigeria
Sausage roll: ₦75 each https://24hoursmarket.com/product/gala-sausage-roll/
Total: for a NEAR-PUP (₦100+₦325+₦50+75)= ₦550 ~ $1
100 people to be onboarded X $1 = $100

Onboarding: ~17 NEAR
Activation of 100 wallets

ON-SITE PUBLICITY: $509
A team of 20 people will be involved in one on one publicity/street to street campaigns. The job of the NEAR ON-SITE team will be to go into the streets within proximity of the event venue and engage every youth within sight, inviting them for the event and giving mild introduction to NEAR.
NEAR ON-SITE team will require branded face caps to shield from the sun.
branded t shirts to show what we represent and leave a lasting impression amongst our invitees.
Fliers/handouts stating location of venue, date, time, and invitation to learn about NEAR.

Summary Total ON-SITE publicity budget:
10 Branded NEAR face caps: $70
10 Branded NEAR t-shirt: $90
2800 invitation fliers: $255
2 Banners: $94
Total: $509

ONLINE PROMOTION/PUBLICITY: $150
Instagram is the most used social media platforms by the youths in Nigeria
I plan on opening a DAO solely into facilitating the growth of all onboardees into the NEAR community and for this purpose, I will be dedicating my Instagram account to the community .

On this handle, ads will be run on Instagram.

Instagram ads: $50
A link directing them to A web page for online registration will be attached to the Instagram ad.
On that web page, information will be requested from anyone registering for follow-up phone calls and enquires, reminding them about the event.
information such as ;
-name
-phone number
-email address

Instagram influencer: $100
Also i plan on using social media influencer PULSE TV for online publicity of the event and a brief expo on NEAR community.
They boast of Almost 4 million Instagram followers and they’ll prove effective to our agenda.

Rehearsal logistics: $70
On site Team members will also have dance and music presentations on event day.
They’ll need weekly rehearsals to perfect their routines.
Rehearsals logistics refers to the cost of transportation of everyone in the planning committee and also the upcoming performing acts for the event day, during the weekly planning meetings and performing acts Rehearsals meetings. It will also feature anything else unaccounted for that may arise in the process.

All expenses will be accounted for in final report.

We’ve been able to put together costumes fitting for the event day so ($170costume budget) has been removed.

@REK @so608 @Dacha @mr_free @Klint

@marketingdao-council

2 Likes

Your Proposal is very detailed and exciting.

May I know Whats is the Main Purpose of this event and What it Brings to NEAR?
Also, 1 million is a Big Number… So What are you going to address to all the participants in this event .

Thank you. I truly appreciate.

Through this project, We’ll be Onboarding creatives especially in the gospel sector. Creatives in music, dance, poetry, designers & developers.
The chain of event will create a even greater ripple effect and I’m really excited about what the future entails.

Lovely question, like I said in the first draft, i’m a youth leader and have been for quite a while. I’m all about empowering this next generation financially, mentally and in all ramifications of life. Ensuring that they live their best life’s making global positive impact in their world and I dare believe that with web3 and the NEAR community, they’ll be on a fast lane towards a great and positively fruitful future.
Someone rightly once said “evil prevails when good men do nothing” and with the happenings in our world today, we must make a change and that change that’s with the youth. Information is power… And with great power comes great responsibility.

I hope I elaborately answered your question @Albhion

2 Likes

In my opinion, there is no need to want people’s home addresses and Phone numbers :smile:
It would be nice to add an excel file that lists the opening wallets you will create to the report.

You might want to change Exchange rate.
Exchange rate to us dollar: ₦550 to $1 (Sometimes the values ​​on the internet do not show the exact exchange rate in the country you live in. Thus I can not say anything about the exchange rate in your country.)
Exchange rate to NEAR: $16.2 to N1(Binance Global 01.12 UTC)

I think, it will be a better explanation if you share the google maps link.

1 Like