According to the MDAO Charter, MDAO concils decided to remove Council Taylor from his role. Reason: Lack of active participation in AstroDAO voting and regular checking for updates at least once per week. Lack of maintaining regular communication with other Council members, and the community as necessary to achieve the Marketing DAO’s objectives.
According to MDAO Charter, MDAO councils decided to elect a new council and open submissions for the role:
- Individuals aspiring to become Council Members must create a proposal on the Governance Forum expressing their interest and providing a detailed explanation of how they meet the eligibility criteria.
- The NEAR community is encouraged to provide feedback and show support for Council candidates, fostering a collaborative and inclusive process.
- Existing Council Members will assess the incoming proposals, considering the eligibility criteria, community feedback, and any concerns raised.
- A decision will be made based on these considerations, and the reasoning for the decision must be communicated clearly to ensure transparency and understanding
Criteria for Eligibility for Council Members
To ensure the effectiveness and success of the Marketing DAO, Council members must meet the following criteria and uphold the standards set forth in their role. Failure to meet these criteria may result in removal from the Council.
- Be the Face of Marketing DAO:
- Inspire trust and confidence in leadership by representing the Marketing DAO with integrity and professionalism, ensuring at all times their actions do not bring the DAO into disrepute.
- Spend a Reasonable Amount of Time Within the Ecosystem:
- Have a deep understanding of the NEAR ecosystem, including knowledge of key players, trends, needs, and opportunities in the blockchain space.
- Assess Incoming Proposals:
- Evaluate and assess incoming proposals in a timely manner, with the first assessment completed within 10 days.
- Provide detailed reasoning to justify decision-making, ensuring transparency and accountability.
- Ensure that the decision-making process and outcomes are well-documented and easily understandable to external parties.
- Actively participate in AstroDAO voting and regularly check for updates at least once per week.
- Maintain regular communication with other Council members, trustees, and the community as necessary to achieve the Marketing DAO’s objectives.
- Take Ownership of Everyday Operations:
- Identify and execute necessary tasks to achieve the Marketing DAO’s objectives, going beyond ideas to successful execution.
- Examples of tasks may include managing the Marketing DAO website, migrating to NEAR Social, handling social media accounts, hosting regular spaces, and conducting office hours.
- Lead Strategic Projects:
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically, identify problems, and identify areas of opportunity.
- Create hypotheses and design experiments to address identified problems and opportunities.
- Proactively establish partnerships and engage with third parties to advance the Marketing DAO’s strategic objectives.
- Write bounties and define the scope of experiments, including clear objectives and criteria for success.
- NDC Engagement:
- Stay informed and up to date with the latest developments and activities within the NEAR Digital Collective (NDC).
- Provide regular input and representation of the Marketing DAO’s interests within the NDC.
- Ensure that the Marketing DAO has a reputable presence and ongoing standing within the NEAR ecosystem.
- Council Members form the decision-making body of the Marketing DAO.
- They are responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the DAO and making informed judgments on incoming proposals and strategic initiatives.
- Council Members consider the alignment of proposals with the DAO’s objectives and guiding principles, contributing to the overall growth and success of the NEAR ecosystem.
- Liaise with Trustees and participate in monthly requests for proposals (RFPs) to advance the Marketing DAO’s goals.
Council members are expected to meet these eligibility criteria and actively contribute to the growth, development, and success of the Marketing DAO. Regular assessment and adherence to these standards ensure the effectiveness of the Council and the achievement of the Marketing DAO’s objectives.
Deadline: November 9th. Please leave your CV in the post.
Hello everyone! After detailed consideration all candidates, MDAO decided to elect @johanga for the Councils role.