[ introduction ] - daollywood

Long before the creation of Web3, there was a world called the cinematic universe. The world across our TV screen where we lived and grew up. Movies taught us, entertained us and literally shaped us. Even as Web3 has come, it is important we integrate these two worlds together to help shape our world. This need is what inspired the creation of the guild, DAOllywood.

DAOllywood is a community of filmmakers, directors, producers, scriptwriters, actors, skit makers etc. from across the world all connected together to network & create in Web3, powered by NEAR protocol.

Our Goal is to use the visual medium as a tool to bring people together to create a happier and better world.

Council Members

@johnwike @ValueObinna2 @DrayActo @louise

@johnwike is a Web3 musician, writer and movie lover based in Lagos. He is an active member of BEATDAO, NXMDAO, NEAR BOOK CLUB etc. As a musician, he knows how collaboration has played a part in growing the music industry in Nigeria and he believes the movie industry needs it too.

@ValueObinna2 is a veteran actor, scriptwriter, filmmaker who has been involved in many projects in the imdependent movie scene in Nigeria. He is a part of a close knit collective of independent filmmakers in Lagos, Nigeria and intends to bring the collaborative spirit to Web3.

@Louise is a web designer, social media guru, marketing strategist and ardent movie lover (she’s your Bollywood plug). With her marketing skills, she intends to facilitate the networking of stakeholders from the different woods(nolly, bolly, holly etc) under one roof and execute strategies to get their work heard.

@DrayActo is a rapper, actor, photographer, cinematographer and writer. This polymath with his tentacles in various sectors of the entertainment industry is a great addition to the team.

Plans

1. Educate cast(those in front of the camera - actors, skit makers, reporters etc) , crews( those behind the camera - scriptwriters, directors, producers, editors etc) and critics (lovers of movies) from across the world about the near protocol and onboarding them into the platform.

2. Give grants to support creatives in the production of projects

3. Facilitate the Creation and Minting NFTs (videos, audio and pictures) by members of our community.

4. Have discussions, workshop, seminars etc on how to improve the filmmaking industry and the web3

And many more.

DAOllywood is on astrodao at https://app.astrodao.com/dao/daollywood.sputnik-dao.near

This is not the official logo of the guild, it subsequent days, we will unveil the official logo.

In couple of days, we will kick start our various projects. You are invited to join us in this exciting and revolutionary journey.

Follow us on our various social media

DISCORD >>> DAOllywood

TELEGRAM >> Telegram: Join Group Chat

INSTAGRAM >>> Login • Instagram

TWITTER >> https://twitter.com/daollywood

TIKTOK>>> https://tiktok.com/daollywood

11 Likes

I love the idea bro , but your team really looks new to this FORUM :thinking::eyes:

4 Likes

They are not that new. They have just been taking their time to observe and learn. With this project, they are now ready to take the platform by storm.

2 Likes

This is great :ok_hand:, am glad to be part of this project thanks for having me.

3 Likes

Thumbs up guys

Its nice to meet you all

2 Likes

Love the idea. I’m a director based in LA so naturally Daollywood sounds interesting to me!
It would be great to start bringing together filmmakers/creatives together.

2 Likes

@Eccentric_Vagabond Great to have you. We will like to know more about you and how we can all work together. Join us on our telegram in the original post.

2 Likes

That’s an amazing idea! I’m a Web3 musician myself and I love the fact that you guys are doing something like that on this community. Cheers :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

Thanks @shivangarora we will collaborate with Web3 musicians to make movie soundtracks and even shoot music videos. There’s a whole lot in store.

2 Likes

That sounds so awesome. Looking forward to collaborating with you :smiley:

2 Likes

Join us on telegram, the link is in the original post.

2 Likes

Great initiative, kudos to your great and proposed work.looking forward to it.

2 Likes

It is a privilege to be a part of DAOllywood.

As a media personnel, I intend to put my skills to good use where it is required, while also learning through the creative processes of my fellow council members and other creatives on the platform :relaxed:

1 Like