In bear market treasury should utilize in development portion or utilize to fund on Creating Memes?

Near is doing good according to current market but we all know in bear market the main factor is to worry is Treasury. The amount of money will decide how much we can hold in this bear market so that we can cover the development ,events and team salaries charges. But as a long term token holder my question, Are we really want Memes to show the public what is near ? Sorry i am new to forum but not new to near ecosystem, why we need Memes and why its funded so high by the Near team ?

If we have regional groups and if they are paid according to the work, then this is their job to do content marketing on regional languages… why funds separate for making memes… memes is not a hard task.

In this market we should think about the expenses.

This is my opinion , i really want to know others reviews infact i am glad if near marketing team answer this.

Thanks

Just like any other marketing content, memes also play a vital role in amplifying the news, updates and features. Many people find memes an easy way to consume the message.

Meme marketing has been becoming a major marketing way among brands. It’s not logical to say that they don’t play any role.

I didnt say they dont play any role, i said why special preference for this ? We have regionals groups they also doing content work ,they can create memes to under that group, infact we have near marketing team also to handle content work.

I serioualy dont understand why we funding for this memes individually. This can be merge to regionals guild.

@David_NEAR @shreyas

There is no special preference, the proposals are reviewed as usual by marketing dao councils.

Initial idea in NEAR and Guilds program has been on the thought of having different type of communities serving different purpose. A community of memers is one of them.

NEAR opens door for the community members to contribute to the ecosystem in any way they can, it makes us different :pray:

As I said before, saying again. If NEAR is funding other type of content marketing, they are capable of funding meme marketing as well. (That plays a good role if executed well)

Hey,

“AHHH, but it’s a bear market?!”

Well, it is. BUT, the foresight of Illia and Co. allowed for the organic regeneration of the Protocol Treasury.

“The network issues inflation rewards at a rate of 5% per year. Of these epoch rewards, 90% (4.5% total) goes to validators, and the remaining 10% (0.5% total) will go to the protocol treasury”

There is a mandate for these types of things in the original White Paper, too:

“To enable continued community growth and evolution of protocol”

“ While the foundation is nonessential to the operation of the network, which is fully decentralized, it is already able to support the project’s ongoing evolution in ways that other entities would find difficult. For example, it is funding education, events or infrastructure projects which benefit the commons but do not have a particular business model and which would otherwise not be funded.”

“The amount of inflation that is allocated to the Protocol Treasury also acts as a decentralizing economic force since it allows for the redistribution of capital back into the ecosystem to developers and other participants who support the commons who might not otherwise have stake to offer.”

The goals can be summarised as follows:

• Enable community and protocol growth
  • Fund community-led projects which may not have a viable business model
  • Act as a decentralising economic force by redistributing capital back into the ecosystem

THAT SAID, we (the NF) will be working closely with the MarketingDAO and CreativesDAO in the future to ensure that the funding that is distributed results in quality initiatives throughout the ecosystem. Right now, there are not enough checks and balances IMO.

2 Likes

Thanks @David for the detailed Answer ,now i understood about the treasury mechansim .

Regarding this , yes you are right there are not enough checks and balances , thats why people taking advantage regarding this. Its not like that i am something against with memes or some other things, my point the quality check should be strict with them and also checked that same person or there teams should not run others guilds/DAOs or any media related, if they already running One guilds/DAOs. Let give other chance they just taking the advantage as they have some close friends or first mover advantage, which is really not good as nowdays there is so much talk about web3, people dont feel like heyy dont go there, dont do work as you will find same person , same teams everywhere. We need community and we need to build the ecosystem together.

Currently near have many media related content group, which one is official , which one is not… we dont know …

For same thing , same work doing they getting the funds from the ecosystem…