[Ideation] Indie Naija Musical DAO

Nigerian Pop music seems to be growing in popularity globally. If you talk about music with any Nigerian (or lover of Nigerian music), they will point out that 2 of their own recently won awards in the 2021 Grammys. Major music labels are either signing up local artists or are creating distribution deals with local labels.

That being said, it is only a small group of artists that are benefiting from this largesse. It is obviously only those artists who fit a certain style or belong to a select few labels that are taking part in this windfall. A lot of artists - who are at least as talented and as hard-working - do not seem to have the same opportunity to gain the exposure and/or financial rewards their contemporaries usually due to the fact that they do not release mainstream music or are not affiliated to one of the major record labels.

These are artists who in the past have always been more willing to try new technologies to increase the distribution and exposure of their music, so I am willing to bet that they would be eager to join a DAO created to not only help them earn a living of their lives work without necessarily having to change their form and style of expression, but that would also put the power of how it is run in their hands.

I intend to include Singers, Rappers, Song-Writers, Instrumentalists, Producers, as well as all those who take part in the music creation process. Those who are not active participants but feel they would love to help the industry grow would also be welcome.

The goal is to have at least 50 members at the end of the hackathon, and to mint at least 10 musical NFTS. We would also encourage collaborations between members of this group with members from the visual arts group I am also proposing to create.

Project Presentation
WIP

Project Video
WIP

Project Git Repo
WIP

I am requesting 10 NEAR for the ideation.

My address is oiclid.near.

2 Likes

Great initiative! Looking forward to seeing this develop more!

Thanks, @vandal. :blush: So am I

2 Likes

Your proposal has been approved! You’ve been awarded the 10 N for the ideation phase :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Now for the presentation!

1 Like

Here is my project presentation. @vandal

I am requesting 20 NEAR.

My address is oiclid.near

1 Like

Great work! love the slide presentation and I think the idea is superb! Looking fwd to the next part and in supporting this initiative! Pls do submit to the DAO if you haven’t already!

Thanks! I have submitted it to the DAO already.

1 Like

Link to my video. Sorry I have been ill, so it’s a bit wanting. https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/559731294

1 Like

Link to my GitHub repo GitHub - oiclid/nxm_near

1 Like