Hola from Tulum

Hola

I’m Daveed from Tulum. Excited to be part of the NEAR community. Just finished the NCA certification. Want to do the developer (we’ll see how that goes) and entrepreneur certs as well.

I am working with Regen Tulum, and we have regular events. At our last event, the other day, we signed up 12 people to NEAR on the spot. I would love to integrate NEAR into our upcoming event series as it makes sense. We have the social and physical infrastructure to create amazing events here in Tulum, and I would like to see how we can be of service.

I am wondering, how do you measure the success of a networking event? Is there any number of new wallets that you are looking for?

Thanks

4 Likes

Hola Daveed!

Awesome to see you here :tada:

This is variable, it depends on the scale and context of the event. I’d generally aim high, though :muscle:

1 Like

Hey David

So something just came up that I think could be an opportunity with as much as 200 people onboarded.

International news is following the protest against the new route of the Mayan Train, which has the potential to destroy part of the largest (and most beautiful) underground water system in the world, the Riviera Maya on the Yucatan peninsula. There is a WhatsApp group of over 200 scientists, engineers, divers, etc… plus other online groups. Over 100 messages a day. They are getting frustrated by the lack of organization; they don’t want a leader but they do want to get organized and have no idea how to proceed.

We think there is an opportunity to organize them in a DAO coupled with a forum. The assistance that I would ask from NF would be partnership on a virtual event to get them onboarded to the DAO. Ideally, we’d want someone who has done virtual DAO onboarding events to help and 200 of wallet links with 0.5-1 NEAR on it so they can easily set and submit a proposal to join the DAO and participate without loading up more funds. (I have reached out to Asya to she might assist in the presentation. I would love you to be involved as a mentor as well if you felt called.)

Several for my team would be setting it up and one of us who is participating in the WhatsApp would be our lead person. I would continue to monitor and help guide once is started. Is this something that NEAR might partner on? I would want to make it happen in 7-10 days if not sooner.

1 Like

This a potential deviation from what’s in our white paper. But it’s the hottest, and most consequential conversation on the environment at the moment. And its an opportunity to show its value for communities and on the ground ecological issues. The President of Mexico is calling them pseudo-environmentalists. They need to get organized, respond and present their case of why the precautionary principle should apply to building over cenotes and underground rivers such that at least the proper environmental studies are performed. Especially since this is the only source of freshwater in the Riviera Maya. If it collapses who knows the damage. The group advocates for the train to go back to the original route along the highway, which was changed because a small number of hotel owners complained loudly that it would not be good for their guests. So it was moved 5km into jungle, over the cenotes and underground rivers.

Anyway, I’ll get off the soapbox. I’ve included working on a Sacred Waters DAO as an experiment in the fellowship application (Entrepreneur in Residence) that I submitted several hours ago.

1 Like

Hey!

Ankit from Astro mentioned he’s put you guys in touch withSisu DAO, let us know how this goes :tada:

1 Like

Great! Thanks for the heads up.

He has probably reached out to my colleague who has submitted the proposal.

@regentulummich: Have you heard from Ankit of DAOcubator to connect us to Sisu DAO?

1 Like

Happy Saturday! We have not hear from anyone other than Asya. I did reach out to @angeladelsol to introduce to @regentulummich. I met Angela years ago and saw her briefly in CDMX after the DAOist. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that she would be one of our mentors for DAOcubator; the other is Asya. I doubt Angela even knows I am on the project since we hadn’t connected here. :grin:

Hi @shiftshapr How could I be part of this community and movement? I am passionate about the Yucatan peninsula. The Genesis moment of my art project Las Palmas Doradas AND now my budding eco project and the community has started there.

Hola @kariboo !

Thanks for reaching out.

First of all, we are having a meeting tonight about a decentralized regenerative directory for Tulum at Vivo starting at 6p. There will be a ZOOM as well: Meeting Registration - Zoom

Secondly, we are building a Tulum Guild. If you are interested, please fill out this form:

Third, if you want to do a DAO, there is an opportunity to get funding through DAOcubator and to join the Primordia DAO.