DoraHacks is a global Web3 developer community of 100,000+ blockchain devs and open source venture builders. We’re specialized in organizing hackathons, quadratic funding grants, workshops with leading Web3 ecosystems, including BSC, Solana, Filecoin, Flow, Celo, Harmony, Polygon and more. In 2021, DoraHacks helped more than 2000 Web3 startups raise $20+ million in grants and donations.
The goal of Near Grants is to reimagine business, creativity, and community for a more scalable and inclusive future and build a world where people control their money, their data, and the tools to build new ideas.
To leverage DoraHacks developer community and HackerLink (owned by DoraHacks) platform’s traffic to promote Near’s dev toolkits and API’s and onboard more developers to adopt Near’s tech stacks and build on Near.
To leverage DoraHacks expertise in organizing quadratic funding grants, virtual or in-person hackathons, workshops, project demo sessions to help the Near team operate developer events globally.
To involve Near in the hackathons, quadratic funding community grants and other events DoraHacks co-host with different open Web3 ecosystems, for instance, ETH, BSC, Solana, Filecoin, Polygon and more.
To host workshops for developers to help them better understand how to build in the Near Ecosystem.
To incentivize global developers to build on Near by providing prizes, grants, investments to the teams emerging from the events DoraHacks and Near organize together.
Timeframe (Could be Adjusted):
Apr.15 2022 - Jun.30 2022
Scope of Partnership:
DoraHacks will host virtual and in-person hackathons globally each year. DoraHacks can help Near team
- Facilitate Near global and regional hackathons, dedicated fully to the ecosystem growth of Near.
- Participate in DoraHacks hackathons, co-hosted with other leading blockchain companies and open ecosystems, as a co-host/sponsor/partner, depending on the exclusivity and scope of the hackathons
In the hackathons, DoraHacks will be covering the main operational efforts, including:
- Basic Logistics of the hackathons: agenda, workshops, judge invitation, promotion material design, etc.
- Hacker and team recruitment: DoraHacks will work with global partners to recruit participants of the hackathon
- Quadratic Funding Community Grants
DoraHacks will host quadratic funding grants with open Web3 ecosystems like Solana, Polygon and more on DoraHacks’ developer incentive platform HackerLink (owned by DoraHacks). DoraHacks can help Near
- Facilitate Near global and regional quadratic funding grants dedicated fully to the ecosystem growth of Near.
- Participate in DoraHacks quadratic funding grants, co-hosted with other leading blockchain companies and open ecosystems, as a co-host/ sponsor/ partner, depending on the exclusivity and scope of the quadratic funding grant
In the quadratic funding grants, DoraHacks will be covering the main operational efforts, including:
- Basic Logistics of the quadratic funding grants: agenda, workshops, judge invitation, promotion material design, etc.
- Hacker and team recruitment: DoraHacks will work with global partners to recruit participants of the quadratic funding grants
In both Hackathon/Quadratic Funding Grant partnership, Near team will be expected to provide the below resources:
- the incentive for global devs to participate
- Usually can be split to quadratic funding prize pool and judge prize pool
- Idea List:
- A list of innovation and startup ideas for developers’ reference: what can they build on Near? What are the Near ecosystem and core team expecting?
- Mentors and part of the judge panel:
- core team members are expected to participate in the hackathons to support participating teams and hackers
- the mentors are also expected to deliver workshops to hackathon participants
- Some on technical side and some on business/venture/incubation side
- Marketing Resources:
- The foundation’s official PR and marketing resources are crucial in the success of the promotion of the hackathon. Dora will help promote in the dev community. We count on you to market this event to global Near community
- Press releases in leading media channels (Coindesk and more)
- Twitter promotion and interaction
- and important promotion efforts like coinmarketcap and coingecko banners, etc.
$100,000 Prize Pool, which can be split in the prize pools described below:
$50,000 to DoraHacks x Near GrantDAO that will be used as the quadratic funding prize pool to be distributed to new hackathons and grant projects based on community voting.
$50,000 in Judge Prize Pool, the special rewards for projects adopting Near, in the goal of growing the number of teams building on Near, of which will be distributed based on judge voting.
Feb. 21, 2022- Apr. 15, 2022
- Hackerlink deploy Near Grant page.
- Near and DoraHacks team work together to integrate the Near version of Quadratic Funding.
- DoraHacks & Near jointly promote on all channels, call on global developers to apply for the grant program and join the Near ecosystem.
- Invitation of Near successful ecosystem projects to co-sponsor the matching pool for this event and share some insights to participants(Workshops, Demos, etc. )
Apr.15 - Jun. 1, 2022
Official Grant promotion + developer community promotion + registration
- Near official online workshops
- Promotion of Near’s Developer Grant and Ecosystem Growth Programs, etc.
Jun. 2 - Jun. 16, 2022
- Projects Submission to Near Grant page
Jun. 17 - Jun 30, 2022
- Engaging the community to vote for the Near Grant projects
- Engaging global investor community to vote for and invest in the Near Grant projects
After Jun. 30
- Promotion and incubation of star projects coming out from the hackathon
- Preparation for Near Grant 2
DoraHacks Hackathon & QF Grant Partnership Track Record:
Partners: BSC, Filecoin, Solana, Flow, HECO, OKExChain, Celo, Polygon
- Solana Season Hackathon 2021 (Asia Track)
Hackathon Registration: 2,000 +
Projects Submission: 92
Community Donation: $ 358,000
One key benefit working with Dora is that we have 100,000+ Rust and Go developers in the Dora community and Dora’s partners community. In our previous partnership with Solana, we wrote an email to introduce the Solana hackathon to the 60,000+ Rust devs that we have contact with and converted 2,000+ to join the hackathon. This is something that we can do and want to do for Near as well. This also applies to the devs with different skill sets: C++, and more.
- Polygon Grant 1 (Global)
Project Submission: 137
Community Donation: $ 200,000