Cypherpunk Writing Contest

Hello everyone! The Cypherpunk Guild is running a writing contest from the 11th of July to the 8th of August. We welcome any submission, whether essays or fiction, that has as main themes privacy and/or the cypherpunk movement. Please help us spread the word and send your submissions our way :pray: :writing_hand:

All info regarding the contest can be found in the link below :point_down:

5 Likes

Would you like to make rewards fair? $300 for 2 articles whereas laDevochka got $592 for one article.

Dear Naboto,

First of all, the writing contest has nothing to do with the articles I write for NEARWEEK.

For what concerns the amount I get rewarded for the articles I write the answer is as follows:

• I have been working for @NEARWEEK since January and Iโ€™m now its content lead. That means that I draft the content plan, edit othersโ€™ articles, host Twitter spaces, and among other things, I write articles.
  • I have been working between 25h and 30h for NW and I have not been receiving a salary, however, I have received a higher compensation for my articles (0,55 per word as opposed to 0,20 to 0,45 per word).
    -According to our old model each writer could get paid between 0,15 and 0,55 per word depending on these criteria: a) experience, b) how much work the editor had to put on the articles. We have decided to continue this model only for occasional entries. At the moment we have a team of 2 writers that are writing for us weekly for a forfait amount which we believe fair as the work consist in writing articles were all information are given.

I hope this is satisfactory enough explanation for you.

Bloomberg and Yahoo Finance writers make less for articles.

And what is the point that you are trying to make here?

I also feel you are not getting the basic point that I am not just a writer, I participate to other activities within NW and thatโ€™s what explains the difference in payment. And again, the Cypherpunk Guild contest has nothing to do with NEARWEEK, so what is the point of voicing your opinions in this post?

Thanks for sharing the opportunity with the community :hugs:

1 Like