(CLOSEDFilipino Artist Guild X Vietnamese Artist Dao Cross Collab Week 11-12

We are accepting entries until 11:59 pm may 20 Philippines time.

6 Likes

In our language we call Lantern …in their language is Hoi An lanterns…
Their meaning is for good fortune and love. Vietnamese people believe that lighting on and floating those lanterns on the river can bring the health and happiness.

8 Likes

Vietnam is a rich cultural country. The Vietnamese have been described as energetic, sentimental, pragmatic, entrepreneurial, proud, industrious and hardworking. As it is shown here in the art, elegance is presented to their formal cultural clothes. The country is also known from variety of its own cuisine such as Pho, Bánh mi, and Bánh ran that are truly delicious and pleasing to the tongue food. Vietnam is also known for its famous landmarks, such as Tien Mu Pagoda, one of the oldest and most beautiful religious buildings in the country, and the Imperial City of Hue, which is vital to the last Vietnamese royal house of the Nguyen Dynasty. Their national flower is Lotus Flower also known as the flower of the dawn as it means to vietnamese people that it is the symbol of purity, commitment and optimism for the future. Also, Vietnam is known from its monthly event that celebrates the full moon known as Hoi An Lantern Festival. Lantern mean a lot to Vietnamese people because it’s meaning is for good fortune and love. Vietnamese people believe that lighting on and floating those lanterns on the river can bring the health and happiness.

jlord.near

10 Likes

The national traditional dress in Vietnam is the ao dai, a silk tunic with pants worn by women and men. Ao dài are worn for special occasions including Tet, the new year celebration. Since the twentieth century, Vietnamese people have also worn contemporary clothing that is popular in many places in the world. The ao dai features a long silk tunic with slits on the sides that is worn over pants and often includes a matching fabric headpiece. In the south, women also wear ao ba ba, a more simple blouse with a scoop neck and buttons in the center, often worn with a conical hat.

ID: Zetsue001.near

10 Likes

Hoi An Lantern Festival

The Hoi An Lantern Festival. It is a lantern festival in Vietnam that takes place every month, transforming the quaint World Heritage Site into an awe-inspiring display of paper lanterns of all shapes, sizes, and colors. Every restaurant, bar, shop, and business in the Ancient Town stops using electricity and lights up their venues with hundreds of lanterns as well as candles.
The lantern is meant to dispel the evil spirits and to bring peace and happiness.
This too is considered to be a famous festival in Vietnam and also known as the light festival in Vietnam.

baby_lilith.near

11 Likes

One of the Vietnamese Culture is Elders are respected a lot​:heart:
After name and nationality, age is one of the first questions you’ll be asked in Vietnam. Their society is built on Confucian beliefs, where experience and wisdom are highly respected. This means the older you are, the more respect you command. You shouldn’t swear or bring up inappropriate topics when you’re with older people, such as death or sex. At dinners, the eldest people are served first – and at home or work, their opinions carry more weight.

amazinggrace011522.near

8 Likes

One of the Vietnamese Culture is Elders are respected a lot​ :heart:
After name and nationality, age is one of the first questions you’ll be asked in Vietnam. Their society is built on Confucian beliefs, where experience and wisdom are highly respected. This means the older you are, the more respect you command. You shouldn’t swear or bring up inappropriate topics when you’re with older people, such as death or sex. At dinners, the eldest people are served first – and at home or work, their opinions carry more weight.

amazinggrace011522.near

7 Likes

This is my Entry for Vietnamese Culture
Artist Creator : Jami2017

I choose Vietnamese Dance Culture As i represents my Art Called “HAT DANCE”

The hat dance, like the fan dance, is another incredible cultural dance in Vietnam that breathes synchronicity. Hat dancers twirl around gracefully while they exchange and manoeuvere their large bamboo hats, a homage to the farmers who work hard in the fields and provide grain. The dance usually ends with the dancers inviting volunteers to participate with them on the stage, so that the show ends on a memorable note.
I hope this information can help to other people who wants to learn more about vietnamese cultural ethics they deliver.

Thanks for this wonderful bounty to bring people interest for other cultural ethnicity.

jami2017.near

9 Likes

This artwork highlights the different tradition of Vietnamese people. First is the dragon/lion dance, which they believe to bring good luck and fortune. Second is the Hoi An Lantern Festival, a monthly event to celebrate the full moon. Lastly, the traditional clothes worn by women in Vietnam, the Ao Dai which consider as their national costume.

krizzy.near

11 Likes

Here is my entry,
One of the many reasons why you would love to live in Vietnam is because of Vietnamese collectivist culture, they are loving, thoughtful, accomodating, and when there’s a gathering or they invite good friends to have dinner, they want to sit together and eat together on the floor. And that is why you can’t wear shoes inside the house because people do many activities on the floor.

cjaneartz.near

9 Likes

Hello everyone here’s my Entry for this challenge :sparkles: done via ibispaintx, manually rendered, 25hrs duration.

Explanation: I’m a person who really love’s literature specifically myths and tales, and I’m very fascinated with the Wonderful stories that it shows while having my research about the Culture of Vietnam I stumble upon this myth and it really caught my eye​:sparkles: that’s why I decided to make this art.

Turtles, dragons, unicorns and phoenixes are revered in Vietnamese mythology for the representation of the four main elements: earth, air, fire and water.
As a testament to their importance in modern Vietnam, you will often come across the animals at places of worship and festive celebrations, from temples and dwellings to mid-autumn and tet.
The dragon, like in many countries across South East and East Asia, symbolises peace, prosperity and good luck. What differentiates the Vietnamese dragon is its anatomy: an eclectic combination of fish, lizard, deer and fish all wrapped up in one body.
Another composite creature is the unicorn, which is part horse, dragon and buffalo. Like the dragon, the unicorn is said to bring about good luck, as well as the power to ward off evil spirits from houses and pagodas. For this reason, you often see the unicorn at doorways or near the entrances of dwellings and religious sites.
The phoenix, which is made up of snake, eagle, fish and peacock, represents nobility and grace. As a symbol of royalty, the phoenix (yin) and dragon (yang) are common sights at Vietnamese weddings, for they are believed to bring happiness to a marriage.
As the only living animal of the four mythical creatures, the turtle is celebrated as a symbol of longevity, wisdom and spiritual endurance. At the temple of literature in Hanoi, 82 turtle sculptures carry the names of doctoral graduates from the Le Dynasty era, which was seen as the highest sign of respect towards the most educated in society.

cedieee.near

15 Likes

The Mid-Autumn Festival is named “Têt Trung Thu” in Vietnamese. It’s a traditional festival for Vietnamese children.

In Vietnam, the Mid-Autumn Festival is a festival mainly for the Children. During the festival parents buy their children various types of lanterns, snacks and funny masks.

Rice is harvested before the 15th day of the 8th lunar month (mid-autumn) in Vietnam. Each household then offers sacrifices to the God of Earth. While occupied with harvesting parents do not have much time to take care of their children; therefore, they make full use of the festival holiday to play with their children.

How do they celebrate Mid-Autumn Festival?

-Worshiping the God of Earth
-Carrying carp-shape Lantern
-Watching the Lion Dance parade

Near ID: genvergara.near

16 Likes

Each country has its way of celebrating, belief and traditon. It was passed down by our ancestors, generations to generation. As for Vietamese people visiting Pagoda during lunar new year became their tradition. Going to temple and praying for goodluck throughout the year. It has been a way for all members of families to gather and pray for more prosperity in life . It was said to be that wishes made during this time will most likely to come true.
But also , its not just about wishes people often go to pagodas to pray and reflect from their sins and shortcomings they have been through in the past.Offering incense is a practice in spritual tradition in Vietnam and around the world. My entry is a girl taking a solemn time to pray and ask for health and guidance . A way of showing respect to one of Vietnamese’s tradition of celebrating new year and welcoming another chapter of everybodys life.

sev7.near

13 Likes

Hi! Presenting to you my work for this weeks art challenge​:relaxed:anime style vietnamese dancing with traditional Fan Dance wearing their traditional dress Ao Dai. At the background is their traditional house edited as anime style to simply add and bond with the style​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

jariavex.near

8 Likes

Please resend again as jpeg maam @Jariavex.near hndi po sia ma view ang photo…

By the way we are going to close week 11-12 .
And please stay tune for our announcement.

Goodluck guys :heart::heart:

7 Likes

Entries submitted after my comment will not be included :heart::heart::heart:

10 Likes

Thank you to all participants, we have received many beautiful submissions from the FAG community, and we are happy to announce the winner of the VAD x FAG cross-culture activity. A little drum noise plz :drum: :drum: :drum: :drum: :drum:.
And the winners are:
1st place: jrbemint.near
2nd place: cedieee.near
3rd place: nardart.near
4th place: jlord.near
5th place: louietism.near
Congratulation to all the winners, your dedication has been acknowledged. Once again thank you FAG community for your work. And we are looking forward to the next collaboration in the NEAR future. Each winner will receive a reward of 4 NEAR (50$ at the price of our DAO treasury funding) The reward will be sent soon. Thank you!

8 Likes

Congratulations :tada: :tada::tada:

1 Like

Thank you so much :scream_cat::tada::tada:, and congratulations to all the winners :sparkles::tada:

4 Likes

Thanks VAD Councils For making this Happen​:relaxed:

More Collabs Soon.:fire::fire::philippines::philippines:

And To all The Winners Please See Pinned message on Our Telegram for the Payout Tutorial of Your Prices. :relaxed:

5 Likes