[closed] “Sisters of Earth” Workshop Leaders/Facilitators

“Sisters of Earth” Workshop Leaders/Facilitators

Objective:

The objective of the Sisters of Earth Workshops is to provide a creative space for artists within the Ina DAO community to explore and delve deeper into the relationship between women and the natural world. By offering these workshops, we aim to inspire and support artists to create art that highlights the connection, harmony, and strength derived from nature and its profound influence on women’s lives and experiences.

In addition, the artworks created during these workshops will be automatically approved to enter in the “Sisters of Earth Art Contest”, further amplifying the voices and perspectives of our talented artists.

We intend to make 3 workshops, during the month of July with 3 different instructors. Shortly after the workshops we will create the open call for the Art Contest.

Workshop Details:

1. Theme: The workshops will focus on the theme "Sisters of Earth: Celebrating Women’s Deep Connection to Nature " allowing artists to explore and express their unique interpretations and connections to this theme through their art.
  2. Facilitators: female artists with knowledge and experience in the intersection of women and nature can submit their proposal for the creation and facilitation of a workshop. For the workshop they will create the material that will be used during it, provide guidance, inspiration, and technical support to the participants.
  3. Format: The workshops will be conducted virtually, allowing artists from different locations to participate. Each workshop will consist of a series of interactive sessions that may include presentations, demonstrations, discussions, and hands-on activities.
  4. Workshop Duration: Each workshop must be at least 1h30 (over 2 different days to give time for learning and applying what was learnt and getting feedback if necessary), allowing participants to immerse themselves in the theme, experiment with different techniques, and develop their artistic skills and concepts.
  5. Collaboration: The workshops will foster a collaborative environment where artists can exchange ideas, share feedback, and inspire each other’s creativity. Participants will be encouraged to support and engage with one another throughout the workshop’s duration.
  6. Final Artwork: Artists will be encouraged to create one or more artworks inspired by the workshop experience and the theme of "Sisters of Earth: Celebrating Women’s Deep Connection to Nature ". These artworks will have the opportunity to be submitted to the Art Contest with the same theme for a chance to be recognized, showcased within the Ina DAO community and potentially win a prize.
  7. Resources: Reference materials, and digital resources related to the theme will be provided to participants by the facilitator to support their artistic exploration and development.
  8. Documentation: The workshop must be conducted live and recorded to be posted on Youtube for further reference.
  9. Participants limit: 10 participants for each workshop

Impact:

The “Sisters of Earth” Workshops will create a supportive and inspiring environment for artists within the Ina DAO community to delve into the profound relationship between women and the natural world. By providing this opportunity, we aim to foster creativity, personal growth, and the development of unique artistic expressions that celebrate the strength, resilience, and beauty derived from nature. Additionally, the artworks created during the workshops will contribute to the “Sisters of Earth” Art Contest, further enriching the contest and amplifying the diverse voices and perspectives within our community.

Activities & timelines:

1. Create artwork to announce the workshops open call
  2. Create open call to all female artists to create a workshop related to the above theme - from June 26th to July 10th
  3. Announce the selected workshops - July 12th
  4. Workshop days: July 24th, 25th and 26th; July 31, Aug 1st and 2nd

Budget:

1. Facilitator fees: $250 x3 = $750
  2. Documentation and video production costs for Facilitator: $100 for each workshop = $300

Total: $1,050 USDCe

We believe that the “Sisters of Earth” Workshops will provide valuable opportunities for artists to explore and express their creativity, and we seek your support to make these workshops a success. By investing in the development and inspiration of our artists, we will strengthen the community, promote inclusivity, and showcase the talent and diversity within Ina DAO.

Let us come together to embrace the beauty and power of women’s creativity in harmony with nature!

17 Likes

I’m really excited to see the wonderful workshop proposals we’ll receive and make some art together :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

4 Likes

Workshop proposal:

“Regenerative Actions and Rewards on Near Protocol.”

This workshop aims to gather individuals interested in sustainability and blockchain technology to explore how Near Protocol can be utilised to incentivise and reward regenerative actions. The workshop will focus on creating a system that promotes positive environmental impact both in real life (IRL) and on the Near Protocol blockchain, such as NFTs, tokens, and platform interactions.

Objectives:

Educate participants on regenerative practices: Provide an overview of regenerative actions and their significance in addressing environmental challenges and promoting sustainable development.

Understand Near Protocol’s capabilities: Explore the features and benefits of Near Protocol, emphasising its potential in incentivising and rewarding regenerative actions transparently and efficiently.

Design a simple rewards system: Engage participants in interactive sessions to collectively design a straightforward rewards system that aligns with the goals of the Sisters of the Earth campaign. The system will utilize Near Protocol’s smart contract capabilities.

Expected Outcomes:

-Increased awareness and understanding of regenerative actions and their role in sustainability.

-Insight into Near Protocol’s potential in incentivising and rewarding regenerative actions.

-Collaboratively designed rewards system that aligns with the Sisters of the Earth campaign’s goals.

-Empowered participants with the knowledge and tools to implement the rewards system on Near Protocol.

Facilitator @Cryptocoatl :heart:

3 Likes

Greetings, Gemini rising! :vulcan_salute: :alien: :cherry_blossom:

Here I am, Libra rising with a Pisces Moon in the 5th house.

I’m an artist who creates digital art inspired by nature, astrology, and sacred geometry. Although I have never conducted an online workshop before, I would be delighted to participate as a “sister of the earth.”

Theme " THE ELEMENTS OF MATTER" :fire: :ocean: :ear_of_rice: :wind_face:

The workshop proposal consists of two main parts:

1. An introduction to the principles of traditional astrology, with a specific focus on the “four elements of matter” (fire, earth, air, water), their qualities, symbols, connections to the zodiac signs, and celestial bodies. Participants will be invited to create an art piece regarding this topic.
    Materials: presentation, images and useful links on the topic

2. After acquiring knowledge about the “elements of matter,” each participant will share the creation of one or more art pieces (using their preferred medium) that represent these concepts or provide examples. We will then share our opinions constructively as a group.

Throughout the workshop, participants will gain an understanding of how the elements manifest in the physical realm, including colors, shapes, behaviors, symbolism, and more.

The objective is to foster comprehension of the connection between what exists above (celestial bodies) and what exists below (the physical realm)

Please, visit my website page dedicated to The Space Ship Project if you with to know more about my :sparkles: astro:eight_pointed_black_star:artwork :sparkles:

Marzia

5 Likes

A beautiful project indeed. Congrats @GeminiRising and all INA DAO members.

4 Likes

We hope you will apply @Ghini !

2 Likes

Thank you for your proposal! My moon is in Pisces as well lol!

2 Likes

Thank you for your proposal!

1 Like

Hello Godness!

My name is Natasha, im from brazil :heart:
https://www.artstation.com/natashacremonese

https://www.procultura.rs.gov.br/consulta_produtor.php?cod=23802
https://pupiladilatada.hotglue.me/

My proposal:

Weekly classes for 1 month, once a week for two hours.

Visionary art - Language, meditation, visualization and sketching

Canvas - drawing, composition, colorometry

Painting - acrylic primer, egg tempera, oil

Colorization
finalization

This is my portfolio:

Brazilian Visionary Artist 2D and 3D, Art Educator, Visual Arts Teacher graduated by (UNINTER).
Post-graduate student in Afro-Brazilian and Indigenous History and Culture (UNINTER). Workshop, Multiartist, seamstress, artisan, cultural producer.

Teacher/ Art Educator of people from the second childhood to the elderly.

Has several formations in the area of education and art, such as Social Educator courses, complementary formations as Special Education, Transversality Teaching, Digital Painting, Concept Art and 3D modeling at Revolution School.

She worked as an Art Educator/Social Educator in 4 social projects of MDSCS (Mitra Diocesana de Santa Cruz do Sul), Projeto Sol Maior, Cora Coralina, Santo Inácio e Querubins. Serving children, adolescents and elderly in social vulnerability. In addition, she has almost 3 and a half years of experience as an Art teacher at E.E.E.M. Nossa Senhora da Esperança (Santa Cruz do Sul), where she still works today.

She is one of the creators of the Collective of Women Project, in which she maintains a support group on Whatsapp where women (cis, trans…) exchange ideas, help each other and strengthen bonds. They share and promote information about laws, debates, the lgbtq+ community, culture, art, and entrepreneurship.

At 16 she developed the Free Art Project: Redirecting...

Participated in events doing live painting. In the Soundvision/Serra Gaúcha Festival (2017), Psyres/SCS(2019), Origins Gathering Festival(2020) and Online Festival KIZOMBAR A festa é do Povo é Fora Bolsonaro (2020). Besides working in the Management of the Kids Space and Workshops of the Origens Gathering Festival since 2016, performing inside the Festival the Free Art Project and that in the year 2020 (before the pandemic), executed together with a team of professionals, monitors and workshops, the Potý Project, which she was also the creator.

Potý Project: Redirecting...

She began studying digital painting in 2018, and since then she has been developing works, visual identities, and is currently creating her own tarot deck with her version of the 22 major arcana. Besides starting to walk the path of 3D modeling, which was a dream.

Substitute Councilor of Street Art and Culture in the Council of Culture of Santa Cruz do Sul.

Participant of the International Biennial of Psychedelic Culture and Visionary Art:
Initiation Ritual), Exhibitor of the Museum of Babel 2021, ABAV Art & Sensorium (Brazilian Academy of Visionary Art).
https://www.museudebabel.bicpsi.art.br/psiconautas

AWARDS:

In the year 2020 she received the CULTURAL TRAJETORY AWARD of the city of Santa Cruz do Sul 2020 EDITAL Nº 002/SECULT/ ALDIR BLANC .

EDITIONS:
Approved in EDITAL AQUISIÇÃO DE BENS E MATERIAS. Nº 003/SECULT/ ALDIR BLANC 2020 Santa Cruz do Sul in the amount of R$6.000,00

Cryptoart Expositions:

First Exhibition of Psychedelic Cryptoart of Brazil (Dilated Pupil). 25/03/2021.

Second Edition of the Pupil Dilated Exhibition. 06/08/2021 Access:

pupiladilatada.xyz

Works made for @raizverticalfarm (LISBON/ PORTUGAL) 12/2021

Works available for sale at mintbase:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CXJ2Eu0MzTP/

In-Person/Physical Exhibitions:

Origins Gathering Festival in the year 2018

Origins Gathering Festival in the year 2020

1ª Amostra da Setorial de Artes Visuais de Santa Cruz do Sul 2021

Group exhibition, works made for @raizverticalfarm (LISBON/ PORTUGAL) 12/2021

Works available for sale at mintbase:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CXJ2Eu0MzTP/

NatashaCremonese_Logo.1

3 Likes

I would love to, @GeminiRising but I guess it won’t be possible for me at this moment. :hugs:

2 Likes

Beautiful project… let’s go sisters! :women_with_bunny_ears: :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

3 Likes

Loving this, the link was sent to me on Telegram. That is how I’m aware of it, and while I myself cannot submit anything I will be sharing this to many of creative individuals i know who may be very eager to display their talents.

4 Likes

Hello! I want to participate, also a Pisces in the 5th !

2 Likes

:flying_saucer: :blue_heart: :raised_hands: :first_quarter_moon_with_face: intuition guided by emotions :blue_heart: :cherry_blossom:

3 Likes

Mine as well! LOL
What a reunion :smiley:

2 Likes

Share your idea for the workshop here Caroliina :smiley: We’d love to see it ^.^
Abraço!

1 Like

“Sisters of Earth together with the Filipino Community”
Where: telegram
When: July 24 - Aug 2, GMT+8 Time
Who: Filipino Artist Community (10 participant capacity)
Prizes:
$10 for every artist who will complete the mechanics (soon to be posted on the first day of the workshop).
Instructor: Pemmiee
A certificate as a result of attending the workshop.

Topics included in discussion:

• “Advantages of nature to emotional health and physical well-being” will be held on July 24.

• After July 24, it will be followed by “Women and their Connection to Nature,” which will be held on July 25.

• Next, “Roles and attributes of women in caring for the natural world” will be held on July 26.

• Significance of women’s participation in environmental leadership and advocacy

• Influence of women’s empowerment on the natural world

• Followed by “Significance of Women’s Participation in Environmental Leadership and Advocacy,” which will be held on July 31.

• The final topic, “Influence of the Empowerment of Women on the Natural World,” will be held on August 1.

• As for August 2, it will be the last day of orientation and the implementation of an activity for art creation.

OBJECTIVES:
To inform the Filipino Community about the importance of women in nature and to promote an environment wherein artists take part to express their thoughts on the connection of themselves to nature and the sacred relation between women and nature.

EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
strengthen the foundation of the Filipino Community in INA DAO.
Participants will have an awareness of the importance of sisters of the earth.
Participants developed a greater appreciation for nature and understood the unique role that women play in environmental conservation.
express their connection to nature through art.
Participants will be inspired to take action and make a positive impact in the natural world.

2 Likes

Hello @GeminiRising. I would love to conduct an online workshop for InaDao and work with you again.

I’m Mailza Bernard, a multimedia artist and art educator. Currently, I’m involved in three ceramic e educação projects in Brazil: “Toque de Mãos,” which teaches utilitarian ceramics to women in peripheral areas, “Cerâmica, Arte e Tecnologia,” which integrates ceramics with technological and artificial intelligence platforms, and “Aterrar,” which focuses on teaching sculptural ceramics to rural women. You can find examples of my work as an art educator on the following Instagram accounts:

I would love to conduct an online workshop for InaDao.

"Sisters of Earth: Celebrating Women’s Deep Connection to Nature "

Returning to the Universal Womb: Expressing Through Clay

The aim of this workshop is to create an offering vase in the form of Gaia, the Earth Goddess. Participants will hand-build and decorate the vase using ancestral ceramic techniques. Gaia, representing the interconnectedness of all living beings and the nurturing essence of the Earth.

The art of ceramics is an ancestral expression that establishes a deep connection with the earth and the feminine. Clay, the fundamental raw material of ceramics, is an earthy, malleable, and pliable element that symbolizes the very essence of the earth. By working with clay, participants are invited to engage in an intimate dialogue with the earth, its properties, and its vital energy. Through this creative process, participants can explore not only artistic expression but also spirituality and a sense of belonging to nature.

Similar to the sacred womb that nurtures and embraces life, the ceramic vessel becomes a receptacle that holds and preserves the essence of the “Sisters of the Earth”. The clay molded by the hands of the participants takes on a curvilinear, nurturing form reminiscent of the soft, protective curves of the female womb. Within this vessel, participants have the opportunity to create an offering, a tangible expression of their connection to the earth and femininity. It is an invitation to delve into ancestral wisdom and nurture creativity, honoring the transformative power of the womb and ceramics as sources of life and expression.

Day 1 - 2 hours and 30 minutes

-Presentation of the instructor
-Presentation of the workshop conceptual proposal and visual inspirations from ceramics of native peoples
-Screening of the video: “Ga vī: the voice of clay” - with English subtitles. The video explores the relationship between ceramics and Brazilian indigenous peoples. [Link: Ga vī: a voz do barro - YouTube] (10 mins 46 secs)
-Beginning of vessel construction using the coiling technique
-Techniques for shaping the form using the coiling technique

Day 2 - 2 hours and 30 minutes

-Vessel construction continues
-Concepts and practice of the following techniques: Polishing, leather, decorative, high and low relief.
-Shaping Gaia - how to incorporate a face into your vase using techniques inspired by indigenous cultures.
-Explanation of how to conduct a ceramic firing without a kiln, utilizing a bonfire firing technique.

My preference is for July 24 & 31. But I can adapt to other dates.

Remembering that since I am not fluent in English I would work with a friend who would do the simultaneous translation and is already familiar with the specific English ceramic terms.

many thanks!

1 Like

Really?! :white_heart: structuring a project and today I will post here!

1 Like

I know that today is the last day, but I just want to clarify a few things for the people that have already written a proposal, as you might want to change it a bit!

• We are choosing 3 (three) workshop leaders.
  • The workshop must be about the topic described above.
  • Each workshop will be over 2 days - Leader 1 - July 24 & 31, Leader 2 - July 25th & Aug 1st, Leader 3 - July 26th and Aug 2nd.
  • The workshops will be online and must be recorded.
  • Each workshop will allow for 10 participants.
  • Each participant will be automatically eligible to enter the contest.
3 Likes