[Closed] onboarding event in port harcourt nigeria

Agreed. I cannot support this proposal.

This type of event without clear enough info on the community, space, material covered, etc is too high for a first-time event given the circumstances.

1 Like

Sorry for late reply.

Thanks for your question @santojandro
For your first question about our involvement in Near protocol, currently I am an active contributor in the merchant of Near community , A community moderator and a video editor
[Approved] Merchants of Near 2022. For my partner @dabbie3229, she has been an active creative DAO community builder [Introduction] Near Style and Merchandise DAO and has stats here on the forum says it all.

For your second question about hosting of events. I haven’t hosted any event in the Near Protocol community but has done some IRL. My partner will be hosting the Near onboarding event in Owerri Imo state next week and sure I’ll be opportune to grace the event next week… [Approved] onboarding university students

For your third question, this city is field with so many crypto enthusiast but with few or no knowledge about near protocol. And for that reason we deem it fit two on board and teach them about Near Protocol. https://businessday.ng/technology/article/luno-nigeria-takes-cryptocurrency-literacy-to-port-harcourt/

On the 4th note.
Advertisement will be made concerning this event we intend to print posters flyers and advertise on our social medias too for this event which we already started, on our daily WhatsApp statuses…

Dear @santojandro, thank you for your honest and sincere suggestions but I have every belief that with the announcement of this events we will make a huge success. Will still be open for more suggestions, this is a decentralized community, we will accept your opinions as a vital information.

As @dacha suggested we have already booked a call with sankore 2.0. thanks so much.

6 Likes

Checking in on this – can you let us know the results of your call with @Sankore2.0 once it has taken place?

2 Likes

Thanks for your response,

I am grateful for all the contributions that you and your partner are making to the ecosystem and would like to find ways to continue supporting the growth of NEAR in your city. However, in its current form, I cannot support this proposal.

I am increasingly going to Meetups which are amazing for educating, meeting people, building community, etc. and most of them are run by volunteers with little to no budget (in an expensive country like Australia). Once again, I’d encourage you to revise the growth plans for the city and start small. Save the larger budget for larger events once traction justifies it.

1 Like