[Closed] Near meme daily

Guild: NEAR MEME DAILY

Introduction Forum Post: [Introduction] MEME DAILY Guild

Funding Month: July

Kindly refer to the report for activities performed : [july] [report] near meme daily

Reward Breakup:

1. Managing NMD Telegram: $250 X 2 = $500
  2. Supporting Staff: $100 X 2 = $200
  3. Social Media Handlers (Twitter + Instagram) : $300
  4. Meme Generator Customization: $100
  5. DAO Management: $100
  6. Language MEME Communities (India, Philippines, Spanish,Russia): $200X4 = $800
  7. [Reward] 6 Active Community Members : $150 X 6 = $900
  8. [Reward] Tips : 60 $NEAR ( 60 X 5 = $300 )

Total: $3200

Tagging @marketingdao-council for visibility, Thanks!

10 Likes

Hello @marketingdao-council , looking for your comments here. Thanks!

Hello @zubairansari07 how are you ?

Currently how many members managing near meme daily ? In your dec post (Introduction part ) that time only 3 members managing the Near meme daily. I asked because in your reward breaker you mention 1, 2, 3 and 5 points, my question,Are the 3 person sharing the rewards of these points? If not then can you name it here how many members are working on Near meme daily .

Hi @Karan_web , Maybe you didn’t see all proposals well. Happy to clear your doubts.

Global telegram mods - @Roshangeek and @zubairansari07

Supporting staff - @Suman076 & @Kv9990

Social media - @Crypto_MemeGod

Meme generator - @rexux_in

DAO Management - @Kv9990

Language group admins : @iamanansari (India) @ImJami2017 (Phillipines) @LuisEndrinal (Spanish)

4 Likes

Good morning, does the regional group still in the Near Meme project? Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Dacha, Russian group was with NEAR Meme Daily till July. Hence we included Russian payout as well in this proposal.

From August, they decided to run their own activities which we respected. Other regional groups India, Philliphines and Spanish are active.

2 Likes

Ok, thank you.

Happy to support.

3 Likes

Thanks for your support :blush:

1 Like

Thanks for your proposal.

As there is a lot of community concern about the current state of marketing on NEAR, I have some questions and comments;

• I follow NEAR Meme Daily and I spend a lot of time on Twitter, I rarely ever see any meme from Near Meme Daily
  • Most memes are average quality at best;
  • The engagement is low, in particular, people resharing memes (which is one of the core objectives of memes, to make a simple message spread rapidly through images).
  • Seems like the ‘audience’ for most memes is Meme Daily itself (people creating anything to receive payouts). For memes to be good, the audience need to be the NEAR ecosystem at large (need to create culture, not just an image)
  • I could also comment on how many people it takes to run a meme operation, but I would generally not have major qualms about team size or costs if the value being generated is clear and meaningful.

Considering the above, are there any ideas or suggestions on how we could ensure that the funding is having the intended effect?

Right now we are aggressively reshaping the marketing landscape on NEAR (community is begging for it). When assessing this application, we are assessing whether $3200 could be better spend elsewhere that could have larger impact.

2 Likes

Thanks @satojandro for detailed reply, i also pointed this to David, as i have same concern .
You can check here too.

I can say a lot but then the topic will be stretch.

Hi AVB, Thanks for raising your concerns.

We are trying to keep the quality memes than before and reduced the limit of memes an individual can create. I personally give reviews and tell people how they can create better memes.

We will try to bring even more quality.

On engagement, BEAR market is one of the biggest reason. According to our payment model we give 0.05 $NEAR to 5 memes per person per day. Earlier when $NEAR was around $10 + the reward money has attracted good meme creators which is the struggling point for us right now.

• Still we are receiving 50+ meme on every contest we are hosting everyday. Even if we compare our stats with NEAR Protocol twitter which received 83 entries on the MEME Contest conducted on 9th August.
    Few days back, NEAR Protocol also hosted a MEME contest for NEARCON free 4 Tickets which received 83 entries.

Out of these 83, many memers were from NEAR Meme Daily community. Daily themes around the NEAR Ecosystem boosts the news and entries.

To run a MEME contest every community needs to spend some amount in the rewards and some for the people(Admin/Mods) who are monitoring the contest.

On the budget part,

For example

If we are running a normal contest where $200 is spent on the contest (Three Winners) the administrative cost goes around $100 - $150 to judge the winners. Total cost going to around $300.

And we do around 20+ Meme Contests in a month within the limited budget work in four different languages. To host that number of contests a budget of $6000 (20 X 300 = 6000) will be needed which is getting controlled by the presence of us.

If budget is the concern, then we can reduce the number of contests in a month.

Let me know if you have any question/feedback/suggestion for us. Thanks!

1 Like

I had cleared your doubts there already mate. If you have more concern and wants to stretch the topic. Feel free to talk to me or NMD leader/mods anytime in DM.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi there,

Why is July in brackets for this proposal? We have paused funding for projects related to Meme Daily if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

Hi @Klint

July is in brackets because this funding proposal is for July month and I don’t remember any comment or reason regarding the funding being stopped. The project was running.

1 Like

Hey guys – thanks for the proposal. I have a couple of concerns about this proposal that lead me to not be able to support it at this time:

• I agree with the POV @satojandro gave above about our need to aggressively review and restructure how we are allocating funding to ensure we are putting the community funds toward the most impactful projects for the ecosystem.
  • You outlined above how the market and other circumstances have led to lower engagement/lower quality memes and creator participation. That alone signals to me that it is time to reevaluate the project and adjust the direction. Perhaps there is another way to approach your project that would be more effective and beneficial to the ecosystem.
  • In general, if something is no longer working well and on the decline, I do not think it benefits the community to continue funding it when there are other projects we have the responsibility to experiment with instead.
  • Also, this is for July and it’s well into August. Almost September, so I couldn’t support a funding request unless the dates were accurate.

I am seeing that you have support from one council member – you still need support from two more for this to be approved.

1 Like

Hi @so608 , Thanks for your comments. Though you already made your decision but I want to highlight some points here,

• Yes I mentioned about the market conditions making the engagement low but if you see the report still there is good number of memes and activities we have done.
  • You mentioned that it’s not good to support the project because it’s on decline and the engagement is getting lower, that’s not the case with only NMD but many guilds in NEAR, whether you accept or not market conditions play a major role. Even if you see official channels/socials of NEAR you would be able to understand the engagement went low there as well. So does it mean we should shut those as well?
  • I am not the leader of the project, just a team member. The working before was to submit the report of work done and then the proposal. The proposal was done in first week of August after submission of July report. It’s been many days pending here which makes it delayed till September.

Have a good day!

This proposal does not meet my requirements. Unable to support

1 Like

Memes, like fine art, should come from the soul rather than minor contest for small sums of NEAR. Let the best memers rise - I’m willing to consider rewards for the best memes that go viral and help us reach wide audiences.

I am unable to support this proposal at this stage

1 Like

No worries AVB, thanks for your inputs. As a community member first in NMD and then a team member as mod, I have seen, It’s not the first time that memes are coming from daily themes and contests. There is same mechanism approved proposal which brings memes from contest which I am not against.

If the proposal is not worthy to be approved, that’s okay but having another approved proposal of same kind and comment particularly for this one is my concern.

Nvm, my respect and inspiration for you would be the same. Thanks for giving your time.