Hey Marketing DAO,
Intern wants to submit a proposal and request funds because life is expensive, and time is a scarce resource. Intern also has submitted form required.
Am aware I’m totally doxxing who is currently behind intern but figured credentials will help to establish I’m not some toxic random passerby - but a genuine contributooor.
I’m Naomi, in the NEAR ecosystem since July '22 (blockchain industry for 4 years) and I’d like to think people already are aware who I am thanks to threads I’ve written, blog posts, speaking on NEAR events and the twitter spaces series I started. Well, surprise, I’m also behind NEAR intern.
NEAR intern is a twitter account dedicated to educating about all things NEAR and spreading the word. It falls under Social Media but will also include aspects of content creation on medium and a bit of audio. The broad goal is to have a fun, engaging, CT appropriate outlet to share NEAR things while fostering a positive culture around constructive feedback.
Funding scheme: One-time initially for 3 months
Once upon a time, NEAR did this funny campaign with the egg. Okay, anyway, some people found it a bit hilarious. And then there was some questionable post on the NEAR twitter main so intern figured now’s a good time to create an intern persona that can take on the responsibility of posting memes, educational threads, recaps of relevant twitter spaces and question any decisions that deserve questioning.
Intern was created to engage with the degens, the founders, the projects, NFT projects and anyone else involved in NEAR. Twitter is a more engaging platform than the gov forum, so intern figured why not use twitter to rally around NEAR, and do the fun content that NF can probably not share on their main.
Other ecosystems have strong interns, NEAR not. There is another intern account but that one hasn’t contributed much. There’s a gap to fill.
Here what Intern is looking to deliver (and yes you’ll have to get used to the speaking of oneself in third person thing):
4 articles per month with a word count around 800 - 1300 on ongoing developments in NEAR, introductions of projects or more general industry events and how it impacts/plays out on NEAR. Potential topics are:
- The royalties debate and how NEAR empowers artists
- The rise of Central Limit Order Book DEXs
- Why memecoins matter (somewhat - for the culture)
- Introducing project xyz
- WDYM account abstraction, we had that since forever…
8 threads per month focused on sharing insights on projects and hands-on tutorials for those getting started in the NEAR ecosystem. Potential thread topics include:
- Power of Access Key Management
- How to mint your first NFT on mintbase
- The future of event ticketing
- The NEAR wallets landscape
- How to stake your NEAR
- Getting involved in the gov forum how, what, why
- NEAR Nightshade vs Danksharding
Threads might include gifs, and images generated using a combination of nijijourney, midjourney, Canva and photoshop to illustrate points.
Recaps from NEAR ecosystem spaces
Threads to recap important spaces happening in the NEAR ecosystem including the ones from the foundation, beyond that regular spaces like Ref Finance, NEARWEEK, and more. Estimated 4 - 6/month
Interviews with founders
Interviews with one or two founders per month to outline what they are building in the NEAR ecosystem, why, and to provide some insight into their vertical, plus ask them about their views on whatever the current thing is.
Initially written format, eventually might explore using an avatar to do interviews with founders and record video.
Interview questions will include:
- What is the problem you’re solving?
- Why NEAR?
- What were the best and worst parts of building on NEAR?
- Questions specific to the industry or vertical they are developing in
- Advice for those looking to build on blockchain in general and recommendations on what should guide the process of choosing a platform.
- Expansion and Growth Plans
- Outlook on the future: where will we be in 5, 10 years from now
- What skills and traits should one foster to thrive in web3?
- Your favorite NEAR creators to follow.
- Intern NFTs/POAPS: create a walkthrough of how people can use AI to generate cool artwork and then mint it with a variety of tools available on NEAR.
- Personal concierge service for people wanting to set up NEAR wallets, and do their first DeFi/ NFT stuff on NEAR, send them NFT as reward. (This isn’t scalable but still can be useful)
- Figure out using the SDK as a non-dev, then document the process.
- Access to Pikespeak would be extremely useful for writing on-chain analytics threads
Overall growing the NEAR ecosystem by actively sharing on Twitter, and engaging with non-NEAR accounts, connecting with chains of other ecosystems to foster potential cross-chain collabs.
By consistently producing and sharing informative and interesting content about NEAR, intern wants to increase awareness of the NEAR ecosystem and the innovative work being done within it. Also wants to contribute to making it more accessible.
The more eyes on the tweets the better. Intern aims to maintain 10k impressions/30 days and grow further.
Double follower count
High quality writing
The more high quality posts on NEAR are out in the wild and listed by Google with a variety of keyphrases, the better. Each post will also be repurposed in the form of short quote posts.
Okay, not really a KPI, but intern wants to encourage people to just experiment and have fun with things. NFTs are fun things to simply mint for your frens and share. Intern also big into AI image generation and won’t stop sharing fun outcomes of prompts used on NEAR NFTs.
Can’t say funding without fun.
Total amount: $8520 for 3 months
Total amount in NEAR: 3900
Funding wallet: near_intern.near
Intern is looking forward to your thoughts, questions, suggestions and feedback.
Near Intern | Nao(mi)