[CLOSED] Marketing of OCTÓPODE DAO / april

MARKETING OF OCTÓPODE DAO

Monthly Funding / APRIL

Summary of the initiative, be sure to include:

Goal: Activate the social networks of the Dao, in a progressive way, presenting in the month of April the values, concepts of the Octopode Dao, and introducing the people initially working on it, the councils responsible for the initial organization of the DAO.

As being a Dao that is giving its first steps, we would like to be a model for the people that are starting to get interested in the Near ecosystem, thus presenting the quality of our work, of our organization, creating and contextualizing an annual RoadMaping, that should be presented not only in the governance, but in our social networks.

We intend to activate very soon, besides content in Portuguese and English, also in Spanish, which will enable the training and decentralization of information that the Octopode Dao will provide.

All members are professionally qualified, and we aim first for quality over quantity, so initially we will start with just this proposal (marketing), to initially present the concepts of Dao, and thus find in social media our most loyal audience.

We will start with the humble goal of 100 followers in each Social Network, and a reach of at least 3500 people on Instagram.

The work will start in the first week of April and will be completed in the last week of April, thus publishing the report, and already organizing and posting the May proposal according to the demands that arise and planning.

For Dao’s Marketing we will use the services and social networks below:

https://gov.near.org/t/approved-metaverse-dao-marketing-03-2022/15688

https://gov.near.org/t/aprovadde-metaverse-dao-marketing-02-2022/14549/5

• INSTAGRAM (3 POSTS PER WEEK)

• TWITTER (3 POSTS PER WEEK)

• LINKTREEE (LINKS TO ALL SOCIAL NETWORKS)

• YOUTUBE (INITIALLY ALL GRAPHIC MATERIAL FOR YOUTUBE, AND 1 VIDEO PER MONTH)

• DISCORD SERVER (CHANNELS / General / Links / Research / Bags / Tutorials / Dao / General / Store)

The requested amounts will be:

Instagram 500 USD

Twitter 500 USD

Discord Server 500 USD

Translation English/Portuguese(BR) - 500 USD

LINKTREE - 100 USD

YOUTUBE - 100 USD

LAYOUT FOR PUBLICATIONS FORMATS: 1080X1080 + 1920X1080 - 250 USD

SOUNDTRACK FOR YOUTUBE VIDEOS - 250 USD

Links to similar, previously funded forum proposals:

Marketing proposal already approved by the proposer:

Financing Details

Total amount requested: 2700 USD IN NEAR

natashacremoneseartista.near - Octópode Dao

Natasha Cremonese

12 Likes

Hi Natasha,

Would you be able to provide more links to the Octopode DAO? I have no information at all about this DAO.

• How is Octopode DAO different from Metaverse DAO? I am sceptical of multiple funding requests by the same person or team, for different projects.

I am heavily leaning against this proposal for several reasons:

• Passion projects & Early Stage: Marketing DAO exists to fund community initiatives, projects that passionate members were going to conduct anyway and that extra funding will enable them to do more and get better results. From what I can understand, Octopode is very early stage and hasn’t really proven itself out.
  • Community: a DAO is all about community, I may be missing something but I fail to see how having a ‘DAO’ with a marketing budget will be able to get a community? Community should come first, and these people should be able and willing to work for their DAO without any marketing expenses.
  • Reasonable expenses - some of the expenses seem high for the stage of the project: what does $100 for link tree entail? This is a free link sharing app, premium account are 1/10th of the amount requested. 500 USD translation - are you engaging a professional translator? Can any community member perform these tasks for free or at least initially? Soundtrack for Youtube - where is this being sourced from? There are some high quality, royalty free soundtrack options out there that could be suitable for an early stage project.

All Marketing DAO applications need to demonstrate how they create value for the NEAR Ecosystem, a ROI from community funds.

7 Likes

Good morning, what the difference between Octope DAO and Gambiarra DAO which recently got a $2500 grant from Marketing DAO and manage by the same team? Thanks :blush:

4 Likes

Hello, good morning. How are you? I will answer by topics. The first is that I am completing my work and Marketing report for Metaverse dao. I’m not a member of that Dao. I just rendered my service. OCTÓPODE dao is the dao I created together with professional colleagues, and where we intend to create research grants on Near, Web 3, social media training / knowledge sharing, introduction of new members in gov near, even because many daos serve many others demands and we will be available through the projects to help in this work.

6 Likes

Together with colleagues we have decided not to provide services to Metaverse Dao anymore.

The main difference is that we organize ourselves by Values ​​that contribute to society, we have a brand concept, there are 8 values ​​(8 tentacles) that promote research incentives, social counterpart initiatives, research (what will generate, content for Near). And the choice to start Marketing before Creatives was to introduce Dao, who are the people who will work there (professionals, in my case I’m an Arts Teacher at Sesc network and in public schools), I work in education and social projects for more than 5 years. We have an initial 3-month roadmapping, where we are not just going to create a store and drop everyone in, we want the foundations of Dao to be solid, for people to really know that being part of a Dao is a reason for responsibility and commitment. Even our meetings have minutes, and we intend to present them here. Even a regiment with rules of coexistence based on the values ​​of Near we intend to create.

7 Likes

The main difference is that we organize ourselves by Values ​​that contribute to society, we have a brand concept, there are 8 values ​​(8 tentacles) that promote research incentives, social counterpart initiatives, research (what will generate, content for Near). And the choice to start Marketing before Creatives was to introduce Dao, who are the people who will work there (professionals, in my case I’m an Arts Teacher at Sesc network and in public schools), I work in education and social projects for more than 5 years. We have an initial 3-month roadmapping, where we are not just going to create a store and drop everyone in, we want the foundations of Dao to be solid, for people to really know that being part of a Dao is a reason for responsibility and commitment. Even our meetings have minutes, and we intend to present them here. Even a regiment with rules of coexistence based on the values ​​of Near we intend to create.

7 Likes

We will have a person responsible for organizing Linktree on a monthly basis. Links in Portuguese and English. Because we serve the Brazilian community and we are also part of Near where the majority is spoken in English.

But If you think this is irrelevant or other councils we can change it. understand. We are willing to share the build like this. But we would like to give the opportunity for other people to participate in Dao and work… even if it is doing that work. On linktree we will have links to social networks, the Concept Map with the introduction and Dao values, quarterly plan in English and Portuguese. portfolios. Anyway. We are available for criticism as long as it is constructive.

6 Likes

Uploading: IMG_20220314_225648_288.jpg…
Uploading: IMG_20220314_225650_987.jpg…
Uploading: IMG_20220314_225653_334.jpg…
Uploading: IMG_20220314_225655_437.jpg…

Apresentamos os Valores de nossa Dao e marca.

6 Likes

I have no problem encouraging and supporting an early stage Dao. But we are available to share and if I need to modify our initial way of starting work.

6 Likes

related post [FORMAL COMPLAINT] - Case 00

2 Likes

Our team formed by me, @Natashacremonese and @ViniciusGCP94 has been working voluntarily since December 2021 on the Mintbase-NEAR network @joaomintbase . GambiarraNEAR Twitter has been active since November 2021. An example is Gambiarra´s MintbaseSunday project that was born in a voluntary way, editions 1 and 2, held in December 2021 and January 2022 received no funding. In this way we promote the works and issues related to the Gambiarra store, today with more than 170 artists. In February our first marketing proposal was approved, and we have continued working hard, always delivering more than what was in the work proposal.

Our goal is to do more for the community and in recent months we have noticed the desire of many of the Gambiarra community to do more, to present proposals, ideas, exhibitions, events, but many do not know how, where to start. This was one of the reasons to create the Octopode DAO.

@Natashacremonese has already answered the questions posed by @satojandro and I will not elaborate, but on the translation issue, the goal is to make the translation of our projects more efficient yes, delivering the best, both in Portuguese and English. The same applies to the Youtube soundtrack issue. And as it was said here, people should be able and willing to work for your DAO without any marketing expenses, yes we are willing to do that, each item here with its values is an item to be worked on, our members perform this task and four others for sure in each action performed and we are only receiving for one.

8 Likes

Please @satojandro @dacha @cryptocredit @klint verificy

thank you soo much!

4 Likes

Can you post the links to your social media networks?

5 Likes

Yes.

Instagram: Login • Instagram
Facebook: Octópode Dao
Twitter: https://twitter.com/OctopodeDAO
Youtube: Octópode DAO - YouTube

Our youtube is just starting to work, and so is our twitter, instagram and facebook are older, because we have already been working in these social networks as a Studio, and sharing work done.

thank you soo much,

my site: www.natashacremoneseartista.com.br

5 Likes

Link March report from GAMBIARRA DAO @Dacha @satojandro @Klint @cryptocredit

5 Likes

Just reiterating that we didn’t know, we thought that we @Natashacremonese @macieira had to make the proposal to the vertical DAO when we were called by some DAO to do our work. We are learning from all this. Thank you very much for being so patient with us, we look forward to our approval.

4 Likes

@marketingdao-council approved? :relaxed:

2 Likes

@Natashacremonese please await further feedback from other @marketingdao-council members. Thanks

3 Likes

Thank youu soo much for patience :pray::pray::pray: hugs

3 Likes

It is my sense that the team involved here is very passionate about NEAR and has been involved in the ecosystem in many different ways. Wanted to say that first.

In reading this proposal, I want to respectfully admit I am confused about a number of different things. Can the team explain:

• What is the relationship with Gambiarra DAO and Metaverse DAO? I know there is controversy and a formal complaint issued elsewhere on the Forum. Is this project an attempt to create a new DAO and continue similar activities? Can someone clarify for me what is going on?

• I think your social media funding numbers are too high. For example, the twitter account has sporadic content and it’s not high-quality in my opinion.

• I don’t understand $100 for updating Linktree. It’s literally copying and pasting links. I feel like this is part of social media activity for channels, not a separate thing.

• I don’t see the point in producing across all these channels at the start. If you’re trying to build or cultivate an audience, I think you have to focus on creating high quality content regularly and with enough frequency to attract and serve the audience. So for example, one YouTube video a month to me is somewhat pointless.

• What is the publication formats you are referring to? The $250, what is that for?

• Who is doing the work for this DAO and what other DAOs and projects are you also working on so I can understand how these things connect?

Not trying to be harsh or rude at all, but honestly trying to understand what the goal of this project is, why the funding request is what it is and how the activities mentioned are going to contribute to the project goals.

Thanks!

6 Likes