[Closed] March 2022 social media promotion, blog post budget for Near social guild

Hi David @David_NEAR pls no one is attending to our proposal @marketingdao-council

Hi @Psalmy just read through your proposal and the comments from other marketing DAO council members.

I note that you have already recieved funding for your website in a past funding request, so i am happy to support this proposal to allow you to continue to develop your ideas.

I look forward to seeing your report at the end of the month.

1 Like

I support you moving forward with this so you can continue to build on what youā€™ve started as @cryptocredit says.

@satojandro @Klint @Dacha ā€“ any further comments or questions for the team?

3 Likes

Thanks @so608 i really appreciate
Canā€™t wait to get approved and work starts immediately, this would be a great opportunity to support $Near and make great impact on near
Thanks once again @marketingdao-council

Thanks @cryptocredit it would be an honor to make this a great project.
And report would be so transparent and all details and information in metrics would be given, looking forward to be approved

1 Like

There are several issues with this proposal which, in its current form, would make me vote against it:

• My concerns around paying people to just share content on WhatsApp lack the most basic principles of accountability: how are these people chosen and that they arenā€™t fake accounts, how do we know they are actually sharing to their intended audience (leaving post up after sharing screenshot), how do we measure success - KPIs for conversion, what value does this generate for the NEAR ecosystem?
  • NearSocial is a platform: weā€™ve funded the website and most actions seem to be taken there by users. This seems to be at odds with requesting significant funds for managing community channels - is this a product or service that is expected to have a sizeable community that requires professional community management. I believe not, and Iā€™m happy to be proven wrong as the project develops further.
  • We have not seen any material or content produced by the NEAR Social team (please share links if you have them). Content creation is at the core of NEAR Social: why pay people to share content on WhatsApp if the content is not good? Also, $100 per blog post is something that well established writers who have been building a reputation and an audience for a long time would charge. I would rather you share these pieces of content - amplify high quality material out there - or demonstrate that Ernest is up to that standard.
  • This project has 15 Twitter Followers, 33 members on Telegram and 34 members on Discord. $1200 to ā€˜manageā€™ this channels is outrageous, specially taking into account competitive local salaries for the region. The risk/reward balance is off: getting paid an extremely generous allowance regardless of whether the project succeeds is unfair to the community and opens itself to exploitation. Show me the community first and then Iā€™m open to funding it.

My biggest concern, as I highlighted on the last proposal when we approved the website, is that the project does not seem to have any business model or the ability to sustain itself as a marketing agency going forward. Namely, we would be signing up to support this every month, and starting with such high amounts I find this to be unreasonable. If this is to go ahead, bring the funding request to an absolute minimum and grow the project into more substantial proposals.

3 Likes

Hello, @satojandro. Iā€™ve previously worked for 01node and written a couple articles. Also having done content creation for OWS.
A few links to previous articles are below:

2 Likes

Good morning, May I have the link on your WhatsApp account? Thanks

1 Like

These are task collector and I gave a bounty for WhatsApp promoters WhatsApp is secured no fake accounts and their qualifications are to be above 100views that canā€™t be faked

@satojandro thats why the site is there all task collector would post screenshot and date of post on their status

This are the rules on discord, 2slots for a post the first slot is for (infographics,memes,videos and other creative post about near) then the 2nd slot is for links to the first slot.
When viewers see the first slot they would view the 2nd slot to access the link.

@Dacha is it possible to have a call to briefly explain this project?
My WhatsApp? Thereā€™s a promotion strategy on WhatsApp which maybe might be new to you guy and Iā€™ve to explain on call.

Weā€™ve no group on WhatsApp else you need my private WhatsApp number where we can chat!
Promotions are done on task collectors status, cause post on status by task collectors are viewed by 100+ people so 10task collectors posting while 1 task collectors meets 100+views so 10task collectors can reach 1000 people on a daily post

Hi @Psalmy I have just taken a closer look at your website - which was funded back in October.

It seems that there has been very little activity on the website since it was created.

I am concerned that you have not been able to generate organic growth of your project and are now requesting a large amount of funds.

I will await feedback after your call with @Dacha

I would echo this and suggest you follow @satojandro suggestions

Yes Iā€™ve no funding to pay for blog post on the site.
I also have no funding for task collectors to start work.
This is just a great idea of marketing Iā€™ve and decided to request for funding to execute this great plan.

This is infographics the first slot would have, I made an example I just posted about near on my WhatsApp status and got such views in few minutes
Iā€™ve 11views( 11 people saw the near post) and my near name is as a caption to prove that was my post, no fake accounts and date tooā€¦ā€¦

This is the 2nd slot which posses the link to the first slot so people who are interested can join near community.
To be honest this is a big way to promote near.

These are replies of people that are interested and am guiding them on how to get to near! This is just less view just imagine 100view from 1 task collectors when they post same thing I just did.
Pls I hope u understand the protocol of this project
@marketingdao-council

Hi @satojandro & @cryptocredit since you requested for less funding
Graphic designer 500$ to 300$
So more infographics to promote would be gotten from Main source (Official Near protocol,near insider and others)
General community management 1200$ to 800$
Task collector would be reduced to 5 note just 5 promoters wouldnā€™t reach more audience thatā€™s 750$
Discord management 200$
Twitter and telegram 150$ Each thatā€™s 300$
So new requested funds is 3,750$ in usdt

Oh sorry, I thought you have a group on whatā€™s app to promote near protocol.

Sorry, still too much for me . I propose to you start working, fill your website with information about opportunities for near community members and after one two months come back with results and new proposal. At this time no from me. Thank You :blush:

and gain more people in social media

I am not ready to approve $150 for tg channel with 34 members. For instance, I pay $50 to admin in the group

Hi @Dacha its fine if itā€™s a no! Itā€™s sims explaining on written form it complicated, maybe we can schedule a time to call and talk more, so you can understand
Cause with your reply you donā€™t understand my vision yet!

If you wanna get my voice, you need reduce (based on activities in Near social group) proposal to

Graphic designer $50

General community management $100

Task collector 100$

Discord management 50$
Twitter and telegram $100

Total is $400

Thanks

4 Likes

Ok @Dacha accepted since itā€™s a new project letā€™s start from little though I had bigger plans
For a start I would need 5 task collectors thatā€™s each 100$ making 500$
Blog post less than 500words thatā€™s 50$ per post 4post in a month thatā€™s 200$
Twitter management 50$
Telegram 50$
Discord excluded
Graphic designer 200$( for multiple designs)
Adminā€¦150$(mod and set up games and quiz for telegram community)
Rewards for active members, winners of quiz 200$ (Monthly)

For coordination, research and project organizer done by me project owner (500$)
Near Social DAO is promoting near 100% we have no other source of funding and this budget is fair enough for a start
Total funds of 1,950$
Going lower than this would make us owe workers which would be nice
Thank you all

1 Like

@marketingdao-council what do you say!