[CLOSED] First Proposal Limoeiro DAO / AUGUST 2022

Hey, hey, just to give one more voice from the side of the Creatives DAO moderation team. I think @Cryptonaut put it correctly in saying :

This conversation is by no means about the quality of the work as it is quite apparent there is a high standard of creativity and experience involved :slight_smile:

4 Likes

First of all Thanks all that is manifesting on this topic, is very good for us to have this opportunity of healthy discussions on the forum!

I follow @Isa_Danoninho from the begging of BR community on Near, and i think now is her time to make this DAO, i really believe in the relevance of this proposal.

I wish the different points of view here can really help all of us to grow together, and walk to sustainability!

The @Cryptonaut critics are important to consider, if we dont take it personally, the disagreements are really the best way to learn and improve ourselves.
And looks like that Isa was stand strong to prove her value(that i never doubt), and here is where it comes good arguments, not just for #limoeiro-dao to request they position on creatives DAO, but also, Creatives as a community, to stand up on this ecosystem, and face it all in this moment of changing and recession.

This is a very complicated topic, because i know that @Natashacremonese @Ghini @whoiscavenaghi @LulucaL @macieira @ViniciusGCP94 are very dedicated workers on this ecosystem, and from far way, maybe international community maybe cant really see whats going on.

I know that does DAOs are for different projects, different missions, but its true that the speed of learning how to ask funding was faster than to learn how to use this resources to benefit the ecosystem itself. It a very hard task and we are all trying to figure out, Im sure about that, but when you see from the bigger perspective, when we have all this DAO, with more or less the same people, all in the starting stage, looks like that to only interest is to get funding and not really have and responsibility towards the community.

I hope the other moderator can also support on this meter, to clarify what is they concerns about to actual proposal, and the steps forward than should be taken to increase the quality of our work together, and keep supporting supporters of this great community.

8 Likes

@blusw Wow, I’m really happy to read your comment about, you know. Bah very much indeed. I deeply appreciate you seeing how wonderful Limoeiro is, and how much Isa has grown professionally.

Even if I am not allowed to be a council member of this Dao, even though I have worked with Isa during the previous months to help her build it, I want to be close

5 Likes

Maybe is still a mistery for most of us… what is the council role???

I imagine that @FritzWorm and @hevertonharieno has different perspectives on this topic.
I would love to gather those different opinions to helps us to create a healthier community around here.

*Probably Marketing DAO also will have something even different, but maybe it goes out of the scope of the present discussion. But I mite be asking them on forum soon, in another topic.

4 Likes

Then.

As a council I have been doing several things and it has been very good, encouraging, organizing, thinking and creating, writing, teaching, calling meetings, reading new forms.
But it’s really nice to know more about it, not least so that you don’t get bogged down with mistakes.
I look forward to the topic, it would be really nice to read the position.

2 Likes

Olá!

(não sou council nem moderador, só mais uma pessoa dando a sua opinião)

Acho que a regra relativa ao número de DAOs de que uma pessoa pode fazer parte foi implementada depois do meu tempo como moderador, mas lembro-me que na altura essa regra foi implementada argumentando que DAOs não são projectos, são comunidades.

Não acho que seja um argumento propriamente inteligível relativo ao conceito geral de DAO, ou seja, não é necessariamente verdade que uma DAO tenha de ser uma comunidade, mas é um conceito útil se pensarmos nos objectivos da Creatives DAO.

O objectivo é (ou melhor, foi, durante o tempo em que eu fui Council e antes disso; não quer isto dizer que o objectivo não possa ter mudado) o de apoiar comunidades que queiram organizar-se em volta das platadormas que a NEAR oferece.

À medida que o número de DAOs foi aumentando notou-se que muitas pessoas estavam a usar o conceito de DAO como ‘projecto’, ou seja, como forma de aumentar o orçamento mensal. Isso não tem um problema intrínseco até porque, como algumas pessoas aqui se manifestaram, o trabalho feito tinha qualidade.

Contudo, e é por isso que as regras se foram tornando mais rigorosas, apesar da qualidade do trabalho efectuado o retorno para o ecossistema é menor e menor à medida que a quantidade de $ atribuído aumenta sem que o número de pessoas a quem é atribuído também aumente.

É precisamente por isso que a distinção entre comunidade/projecto foi instituída para as DAOs no caso particular deste ecossistema. A crítica que está a ser feita a este projecto é que não há uma comunidade por detrás, mas é um projecto de comunidades já existentes.

Este problema já surgiu antes, com outros grupos, e aquilo que acabou por suceder é que as pessoas que estão em mais do que um/dois projectos acabam por escolher aqueles em que mais se sentem realizadas e abandonam os outros.

Na minha opinião, já vi tantos casos de pessoas que usam DAOs como uma forma de ultrapassar o cap de 5k que acho que é uma regra positiva para o ecossistema, mesmo que crie tensão em certos casos específicos. Independentemente ou não de o trabalho até ter qualidade, visto que não é sequer isso que está em causa.

Para terminar, acho que há vários casos em que os problemas acima descritos são mais uma questão de falha de organização por parte das comunidades do que outra coisa… Não há nenhuma regra contra o uso do mesmo freelancer por várias DAOs. Se há alguém que trabalha bem e que as DAOs querem contractar acho que ninguém se vai opor. Aquilo que todos podemos concordar é que um cenário em que uma pessoa faz parte de várias DAOs e ganha o payout de council é contraproducente para o crescimento da comunidade (tendo em conta que o $ é limitado). MESMO que a pessoa trabalhe bem e consiga ajudar várias DAOs a serem criadas.

EN

Hello!

(I’m not a council or moderator, just another person giving his opinion)

I think the rule regarding the number of DAOs a person can be a part of was implemented after my time as a moderator, but I remember at the time that this rule was implemented by arguing that DAOs are not projects, they are communities.

I don’t think that’s exactly an intelligible argument relative to the general concept of a DAO, i.e. it’s not necessarily true that a DAO has to be a community, but it’s a useful concept if you think about the goals of Creatives DAO.

The goal is (or rather, was, during the time I was Council and before that; this is not to say that the goal may not have changed) to support communities that want to organize around the platooning that NEAR offers.

As the number of DAOs increased it was noticed that many people were using the DAO concept as a ‘project’, i.e. as a way to increase their monthly budget. There is no intrinsic problem with this because, as some people here have said, the work being done was of quality.

However, and this is why the rules have become stricter, despite the quality of the work done the return to the ecosystem is smaller and smaller as the amount of $ allocated increases without the number of people to whom it is allocated also increasing.

This is precisely why the community/project distinction was instituted for DAOs in the particular case of this ecosystem. The criticism being leveled at this project is that there is no community behind it, but it is a project of existing communities.

This problem has arisen before, with other groups, and what has ended up happening is that people who are in more than one/two projects end up choosing the ones in which they feel most fulfilled and abandon the others.

In my opinion, I’ve seen so many cases of people using DAOs as a way to get over the 5k cap that I think it’s a positive rule for the ecosystem, even if it does create tension in certain specific cases. Regardless of whether or not the work even has quality, since that’s not even the point.

In closing, I think there are several cases where the problems described above are more a matter of organizational failure on the part of communities than anything else… There is no rule against using the same freelancer by multiple DAOs. If there is someone who works well and DAOs want to hire him I don’t think anyone will object. What we can all agree on is that a scenario where a person is part of several DAOs and earns council payout is counterproductive for the growth of the community (considering the $ is limited). EVEN if the person works well and manages to help several DAOs get created.

4 Likes

Well… I work my ass off with pretty much everyone in this community, I’ve never had council power and I don’t even want to. I just want to do my arts and stuff. So… There is no space to allocate Limoeiro in another BR DAO since all already have their roadmaps in progress. I find it regrettable that this possibility was even been considered. I feel uncomfortable to see a disagreement over the size of the Brazilian community where the options for qualified people for Jobs are still limited. It means it’s better to work with someone who doesn’t know things but is new than wanting to have the most qualified people in the team? And then when the attempt to teach comes, the creatives can’t see value. And there is, the snake keeps eating its tail. Going nowere, and wasting our time. Do you know that there is work before the proposal, right? Thank you Blua, for talking about positivity towards us. Sometimes it’s hard not to take it personally when the same people are continually being held back from doing their good work. I swear… You “creatives” are killing my Near dream day by day. Please APENAS MELHOREM! For everyone’s sake. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Hmmmm… Então se eu virar council da Limoeiro e contratar a Natacha como freela pra fazer o job tá tudo bem? :nerd_face::face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Eu não sou moderador, mas posso dar minha opinião.

Os moderadores têm de verificar se há uma comunidade ‘singular’ e real (claro) por detrás da DAO. Se o council for de pessoas que não são council noutra DAO não há qualquer problema, independentemente de essas pessoas participarem em actividades de outras DAOs. Inclusive, colaborações e participação são coisas positivas, não negativas, certo?

Em relação à @Natashacremonese isso depende de para que seria contratada. Para fazer o design de algo? Claro, não tem qualquer problema!! Para colaborar na criação de um projecto? Não vejo qualquer problema. Para gerir a DAO? Já vejo um problema.

(atenção Natasha que eu nem faço ideia se és council de outras DAOs, não andei a pesquisar isso; só estou a tentar ajudar com os conceitos/problemas que estão aqui a surgir).

Por exemplo, usando-me a mim mesmo para evitar dizer coisas que não são verdade sobre outras pessoas, eu SÓ sou council da Incubadora. Eu não ganho um tostão com trabalho fora da Incubadora a não ser que seja trabalho de freelancer.
Quando o meu amigo @hevertonharieno criou a DAO dele, com a minha mentoria, eu não entrei no council da Cudo, pelo contrário, ajudei a galera e eles chamaram pessoas ‘da comunidade deles’.
Fui council da VRDAO durante uns meses ‘a pedido do então council da creatives dao’ e assim que surgiram membros capazes de ser council eu saí.
Ajudei a Writer’s Guild a criar DAO e insisti que outros fossem council. Seria para mim elementar meter-me como council e ganhar x$ por mês com um mínimo de esforço (até porque já estou nisto há mais de um ano e sei como tudo funciona).

Aquilo que eu acho que seria vantajoso para este projecto é partir do princípio que a regra surgiu para combater abusos sérios e que é complicado para uma equipa de moderadores decidir caso a caso. Então, o mais lógico, na minha opinião, é garantir que a comunidade Limoeiro se estabeleça com essas regras em mente.

EN

I am not a moderator, but I can give my opinion.

Moderators have to check if there is a ‘unique’ and real (of course) community behind the DAO. If the council is people who are not council in another DAO there is no problem, regardless of whether those people participate in activities in other DAOs. Even collaborations and participation are positive things, not negative, right?

Regarding @Natashacremonese it depends on what she would be hired for. To design something? Sure, no problem! To collaborate in the creation of a project? I don’t see any problem. To manage the DAO? I already see a problem.

(beware Natasha that I have no idea if you are even council of other DAOs, I haven’t been researching that; I’m just trying to help with the concepts/problems that are coming up here).

For example, using myself to avoid saying things that are untrue about other people, I am ONLY council of the Incubator. I don’t make a dime from work outside the Incubator unless it’s freelance work.
When my friend @hevertonharieno created his DAO, with my mentorship, I didn’t join Cudo’s council, on the contrary, I helped them and they called people ‘from their community’.
I was VRDAO council for a few months ‘at the request of the then creatives dao council’ and as soon as they came up with members capable of being council, I left.
I helped the Writer’s Guild create DAO and insisted that others be council. It would be elementary for me to get on as a council and make x$ a month with a minimum of effort (not least because I have been at this for over a year now and know how it all works).

What I think would be advantageous for this project is to assume that the rule was created to fight serious abuses and that it is complicated for a team of moderators to decide case by case. So the most logical thing, in my opinion, is to make sure that the Limoeiro community is established with these rules in mind.

4 Likes

Hey @blusw Blua! I must inform that I don’t work with this group and don’t take part in the same DAO as them… Thank you!
Best,
Ghini

Entendi. Bom, eu ainda estou confusa como uma comunidade se cria antes mesmo de começar. Sendo que a ideia da DAO é justamente fazer um novo grupo, trazendo pessoas e ensinando como a comunidade funciona, inclusive bem diferente do que a gente vê por aí (onboardings gigantes e pessoas colocadas pra dentro do Nearverse sem nenhuma ajuda de como funcionam as coisas). Eu mesme, já fiz parte de um projeto que morreu antes mesmo de começar em grande parte por causa das confusões das novas regras por aqui, então talvez seja gatilho meu, tipo de quem não sabe nada de nada. Te agradeço @frnvpr você é uma das minhas pessoas favoritas por aqui. Não está sendo fácil mas não vamos deitar, já estou organizando um jeito de colocar meu projeto em prática enaltecendo a Limoeiro, engajando o povo, mostrando serviço e TRABALHANDO DE GRAÇA que me parece que é o que tem pra alguns nesse rolê aqui. :person_shrugging::woman_facepalming:

1 Like

And to finish, one last question very genuinely asked: can not person council in more than one DAO but can moderator of creatives council of DAO? I was seeing here that coincidentally, these DAOs never have their last proposals rejected. And I close my case here. I’m tired… Norms for some and not for all, not cool.

eheh, como sabes posso ter as minhas opiniões, mas tento ser justo, correcto, e digo as coisas para que as pessoas tenham um maior contexto sobre a) ou b), visto que eu vi a maior parte das coisas acontecer à medida que aconteciam.

Essa linha que citei é uma das ideias que mais cria problemas e confusões. Pensa nisso ao contrário: idealmente, a NF quer que comunidades já existentes comecem a usar tokens NEAR, astrodao, etc, não que novas comunidades sejam criadas devido à existência de fundos.

Isso não quer dizer (óbvio) que o segundo caso seja proibido, mas é menos interessante do que o primeiro, e as regras ‘tentam’ mostrar isso.

É positivo que novas comunidades surjam por causa da Internet e da N em particular, portanto elas não tinham de existir antes, MAS tendo em conta que há um cap de 5k para DAOs e tendo em conta que o que se viu no passado foi uma tentativa constante de dar a volta a esta regra (que foi criada pela NF), surgiu a regra que agora vos está a dificultar a vida.

Como disse ali em cima, sugiro que organizem a DAO de uma forma que torna claro para quem julga que esta é uma comunidade específica, com membros específicos e objectivos específicos.

Para mim que não tenho um cavalo na corrida, ao ler o tópico fico com a ideia de que os membros da DAO acharam que estavam a ser atacados nas suas capacidades e ideias, quando acho que os moderadores estavam a alertar para uma regra específica, que, eu concordo, está a ser quebrada.

E é por eu achar que é relativamente fácil de entender/resolver é que resolvi comentar, dando contexto e algum histórico.

EN

eheh, as you know I may have my opinions, but I try to be fair, correct, and say things so that people have more context on a) or b), since I saw most things happen as they happened.

That line I quoted is one of the ideas that creates the most problems and confusion. Think about it backwards: ideally, NF wants existing communities to start using NEAR tokens, astrodao, etc, not new communities to be created because of the existence of funds.

This is not to say (obviously) that the second case is forbidden, but it is less interesting than the first, and the rules ‘try’ to show that.

It is positive that new communities arise because of the Internet and the N in particular, so they didn’t have to exist before, BUT given that there is a 5k cap for DAOs and given that what you have seen in the past was a constant attempt to get around this rule (which was created by the NF), the rule that is now making life difficult for you came about.

As I said up there, I suggest that you organize DAO in a way that makes it clear to those who judge that this is a specific community with specific members and specific goals.

For me who doesn’t have a horse in the race, reading the thread I get the idea that DAO members felt they were being attacked in their abilities and ideas, when I think the moderators were warning of a specific rule, which, I agree, is being broken.

And it is because I think it is relatively easy to understand/solve that I decided to comment, giving context and some background.

2 Likes

Acho que a regra actualmente é que cada membro pode ser council de 2 DAOs, e não mais.
Pode ser council de uma DAO e ser moderador (até porque como não há ninguém contratado pela NF para este trabalho convém que os moderadores tenham experiência na comunidade; isso faz com que as DAOs a que eles pertencem tenham sempre/quase sempre as suas propostas aprovadas, uma vez que sabem perfeitamente como seguir as regras e ver os seus pedidos aprovados pelos moderadores [atenção que uma aprovação pelos moderadores não significa aprovação pela council/comunidade]) mas diria que ser council de 2 e ser moderador é complicado, nem que seja por falta de tempo. Sinceramente não tenho acompanhado esse tipo de coisa desde que deixei de ser moderador, mas se houver pessoas que ocupem os 3 postos ao mesmo tempo então definitivamente a comunidade devia reclamar.

Honestamente, acho que membros da comunidade que têm dúvidas acerca de alguns destes procedimentos podem e devem pedir a moderadores uma reunião para fazer perguntas. É complicado fazer algumas das perguntas nas community calls. Quando eu entrei na comunidade tive amplo apoio e esclarecimento de dúvidas por parte de quem acompanhava a comunidade. Acho que esse acompanhamento deve continuar. @creativesdao-council

EN

I think the rule currently is that each member can be council of 2 DAOs, and no more.
You can be a council of a DAO and be a moderator (because as there is no one hired by NF for this job, moderators should have experience in the community; this makes the DAOs they belong to always/almost always have their proposals approved, since they know perfectly well how to follow the rules and have their requests approved by the moderators [note that an approval by the moderators does not mean approval by the council/community]) but I would say that being council of 2 and being a moderator is complicated, if only for lack of time. I honestly haven’t followed this kind of thing since I stopped being a moderator, but if there are people who hold all 3 positions at the same time then definitely the community should complain.

Honestly, I think community members who have questions about some of these procedures can and should ask moderators for a meeting to ask questions. It is complicated to ask some of the questions in community calls. When I joined the community I had ample support and clarification of questions from those following the community. I think that this follow-up should continue. @creativesdao-council

3 Likes

Meodeos agora sim deu o nó na minha cabeça. Se estamos envolvendo pessoas de dentro da comunidade nos falam pra juntar com alguma outra DAO porque é a “mesma coisa”, se estamos querendo trazer e ensinar novas pessoas também não é o caminho… Ahahahaah socorro! E eu sou só uma pessoa com um projeto em mente apresentado pra quantas DAOs quiserem colocar em prática, ideia esta ligada a autonomia e autosustentabilidade através da criação de coleções. Achei que isso era uma premissa pra aprovação nas regras novas. A Limoeiro tem um gomo social, vai arrecadar fundos, fazer doações, ninguém está aqui pra tirar o dinheiro da NF sem pensar em contrapartidas e fucking métricas. Por isso me frustra ver que as iniciativas não são apoiadas pelos creatives sendo que a gente tá dando tudo de si pra ser criativo e dar jeito de fazer um monte de coisa que, atenção, valem muito mais do que o dinheiro. E ao mesmo tempo, projetos questionáveis seguem sendo aprovados sem muito ou quase nenhum questionamento. DAO cheia de fake de bounty ocorre, nada acontece feijoada. E o povo de fora não vê que no Brasil o Near 5dolares vale 5x mais e não é brincadeira pra ninguém, aqui é trampo true.

1 Like

Acho que o que os moderadores estão a dizer é que idealmente propunham o projecto a uma das DAOs já existentes, certo? E essa/s DAOs teriam de incluir no cap de 5k.

De alguma maneira os moderadores fazem a ponte entre a NF e a comunidade, ou seja, os objectivos da NF têm de ser considerados.

Pelo que percebi, só a questão do council é que está a travar o projecto…

Se está a ficar mais confuso peço desculpa.

(seja como for, eu não sou moderador, portanto posso estar errado, ok?)

Não percebo muito bem isto, acho que o dinheiro envolvido é importante para toda a gente, certo? E duvido que a NF queira saber se o dinheiro nos faz falta ou não, acho que a lógica é que tem de haver benefícios dos dois lados para funcionar… E que os moderadores garantem que certas regras são cumpridas, para que a NF não feche o Vertical.

Seja como for vou-me calar, pois posso não estar a ajudar.

EN

I think what the moderators are saying is that ideally they would propose the project to one of the existing DAOs, right? And that DAO/s would have to include it in the 5k cap.

Somehow the moderators bridge the gap between the NF and the community, meaning the goals of the NF have to be considered.

From what I understand, it is only the council issue that is holding the project back…

If it’s getting more confusing I apologize.

(anyway, I am not a moderator, so I could be wrong, ok?)

I don’t really understand this, I think the money involved is important for everyone, right? And I doubt that NF cares if we miss the money or not, I think the logic is that there has to be benefits on both sides for it to work… And that the moderators make sure that certain rules are followed, so that NF doesn’t shut down Vertical.

anyway, I’m gonna shut up since I might not be helping.

3 Likes

Ah não, eu estou gostando muito dessa conversa com você e veja, nenhum moderador está tendo boa vontade de fazer o mesmo. Bom, pelo que entendi, não fomos aprovados mesmo mexendo no conselho… Então seguimos aqui, supondo e tentado ver a luz no fim desse túnel. Pelo bem do diálogo mesmo. Obrigade mais uma vez @frnvpr e @blusw por se dedicarem um pouco mais a compreender o que está se passando e realmente ajudar a gente a melhorar.

2 Likes

I think that’s pretty much what I think too @frnvpr . And one of the points was : the possibility of those DAOS become council of Creatives.

This go far away from the capacity, or if the DAOS are community or projects. As long several DAOS are part of big community- in the case Brasil - this will happen. Supporting each other. We aren’t here to win in the votes of Creatives DAO.

• other point, any chance of new councils making part of Limoeiro? The unique constructive review is “allocate” the project to another DAO? Passing through the philosophy of the project and everything?

Well it seems I will leave this here…
Etiquette

Thank you @blusw for your response. Mostly of we are here a long time and know the work of each other.

5 Likes

The Limoeiro DAO proposal is special, it has been prepared with great care and striving to follow all the guidelines. I really hope that all those responsible for evaluating proposals come to see what we intend to do. I keep hoping that everything goes well.

3 Likes

This is pretty much our concern.

That a group of 5-6 people getting funded for 20-25k per month and getting closer to vote for each other as creatives councils.

We want to avoid this as this will basically give a group of people monopoly over the funding.

Like I said before, I personally like your work a lot and I’m glad that NEAR has you all to add value to it.

However funding for another project needs to go thorough one of the associated DAOs so that a monopolistic group of DAOs is not created who can vote for each other to get funded.

Thank you :pray:

I’d request you to reorganise the funding via other 4 DAOs you guys are a part of.