[CLOSED BOUNTY] Provide feedback about the VR related technologies in the Near ecosystem - 10$

Earn 10$ equivalent in NEAR by providing feedback on your experience as a user in the various VR-related technologies in the Near ecosystem, such as:

Write a single post with every information you think is necessary (100 words is a nice target).

We are looking for:

• bugs
  • technical issues
  • suggestions

Please be as comprehensive as possible, in order to provide feedback and useful information back to the developers.

If you think posting links to the NFT’s you have created helps, please do so. Writing a small paragraph about relevant issues you have experienced is helpful.

Do so by replying in this topic with the information you wish to provide. Wait for a confirmation reply from one of our council members @frnvpr @microchipgnu @Natural-Warp @JulianaM @Samiasns @squattingPigeon @nearestchico @nico and head to SputnikDAO to ask for your payout.

Any questions regarding this Bounty or any other questions, feel free to ask, either by replying to this topic or by talking with the community in our TG channel: Telegram: Contact @vrdao

REGARDING THE PAYOUT, WAIT FOR THE CONFIRMATION OF A COUNCIL MEMBER, WHO WILL PROVIDE THE VALUE IN $NEAR TO BE REQUESTED.

Contacts and useful links:

Our TG channel is open to everyone who wants to engage with us and explore new VR related projects and ideas. Meet us on TG Telegram: Contact @vrdao, Instagram Login • Instagram and twitter https://twitter.com/dao_VR.

Everyone can also check what we are currently working on, just follow this link: vr-dao open doc - Google Docs ; for the moment, only council members can edit, but feel free to comment.

Find also Microchipgnus project 3XR on twitter https://twitter.com/threexr_ and discord Discord .

5 Likes

I’m joining mintbase.io and experiencing VR on the Web. It was great. It is presented visually as if we were in an exhibition hall.

3 Likes

Hello @TRENDHEO and welcome (to the VR DAO telegram channel also)! Can you please provide a bit more information? Links to the NFT’s you created or descriptions of unexpected issues are welcome!

:robot: :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Here is the link to my store: trendheo.mintbase1.near - Mintbase Store

Everything is a match I see, if possible you have many areas to choose from, which will enrich and not be repeated.

3 Likes

Cool work! Hope we can see more of it in the future. Does your experience in the Virtual Gallery meet your expectations? Is there anything you think should be be improved?

Feedback approved :wink:

Feel free to report to this topic when you experience any relevant issues :building_construction: :building_construction: :upside_down_face: If possible, do so in a single post with the entirety of the information you wish to report. Thank you and happy minting! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Hey, thanks for the opportunity to comment.

Firstly, in reading this forum, I think it would be more helpful if you provided examples of each VR space you are referring to so that I had references for each item. I had to go ask someone what exactly each item was and have them show me examples so that I could comment.

For 3XR, firstly, I felt the background was too white.

Secondly, I would prefer if there was a display at the beginning to let me know which space I was entering.

Thirdly, I felt the graphics were too basic, I would like the display to be more flashy, the space seems very stationary and static.

However, I liked the general layout.

3 Likes

thank you for that! We will update the bounty description as soon as possible.

Thank you for your feedback, and it is APPROVED, as soon as you wish you can propose a payout of 3N in our sputnikdao.

:blush:

2 Likes

Hi all,

I would like provide some feedback and ideas to explore hoping it helps in some way at some stage.

I know it is early days for browser based VR but if there was a way to make the experience computationally cheaper so the laptops heat less it would be great. I’m using a powerhorse macbook pro and the fan is about to lift me off with the laptop after a minute of exploration:)))

Secondly we discussed with some VR council members the possibility of using adaptive colours perhaps indexed to the artwork being viewed to enhance the appeal of the artwork and UX. This might not be easy to implement but perhaps there is a way to do this with less gpu processing than to render static predetermined colours.

Third, it might help for the not computationally literate to have some indication that the gallery could be left with the escape button as otherwise it is not so obvious to get the mouse back.

Fourth, perhaps have the option of a guided visit with written and/or audio comments presenting the artwork, the gallery, suggesting similar artwork for sale and possibly cracking the occasional joke:))

3 Likes

hey hey @squattingPigeon thx! Good to have you here. Feel free to ask the payout for this bounty! Really good feedback.

We have discussed the ‘audio’ tour before, maybe we can talk a bit more about that and maybe experiment with that.

At POLIEDRO there is an awesome sound artist, Nico, and maybe he can join you on that adventure.

Thanks @frnvpr! Sure let’s engage with Nico and whoever might be interested in developing this. I have a studio with decent equipment where we can do the sound works too.

1 Like

Telegram: Join Group Chat join the Incubadora DAO TG channel, Nico is over there :star_struck:

I am using mintbase for the first time and I confess that I was confused by the delete button. :roll_eyes:

Captura de Tela 2021-08-20 às 12.38.25

I really think that if you have that option, it would make more sense to have the delete button in another part of the screen and/or have some pop ups saying what each button do.

But the prices are very nice and the experience of using mintbase has been very intuitive.

1 Like

yeah, it makes sense, glad to receive your feedback. Consider it APPROVED, feel free to ask the payout in the sputnikdao :wink:

1 Like

hey!
I just noticed you haven’t requested your payout. Please go to SputnikDAO so we can reward you for your feedback :wink:

1 Like

Hi there, thanks for providing this bounty.

In general I like how snappy everything feels. When I approached an NFT with a 3D asset and it popped into view, that was nice. With a gif however, it was a bit jarring the first time for me. (In Minting Island) Maybe having some kind of iconography to indicate at a glance which NFTs on display are static and which ones will change state.

There was also a floating NFT in the middle of the Wildeverse space that wasn’t billboarding which was a bit confusing.

I like the idea of an NFT that can take you into a private viewing room as a way to display collections or a series. Having the description pop up on proximity, or when you click it, without needing to click into another room might be a nice option to have as well.

I tried it out on the Quest using the Oculus browser and Firefox browser but it looks like maybe support isn’t available yet.

Overall, I’m excited to see where this goes!

3 Likes

Thank you @nvrndr ! Great feedback!
Feel free to ask the payout of 3N :wink: I’m sure we’ll be talking quite a few times in the coming times, we’re excited to see where the Clean NFTs guild is going!!

3 Likes

Hi there, @frnvpr
Thanks for experiencing the VR.
It is great to view to experience each gallery. When I was excited to enter the 3xrspace store, first of all, the cursor which is used to focus the gallery/things is so transparent. It could not be identifiable when walking in the mall when it is focusing on the different colors in the background picture.
Second, refreshing rates can be improved to attract the 3D rotation and user experience. When it responds according to the user’s mouse speed. That would be awesome right !! :blush:
Then, We can show a glimpse of the gallery when we mouseover to those galleries. It is like a great attraction if we use the different effects.
And when we wish to exit the gallery, ESC should be pressed ( this info shown initially) but that guidance we can show somewhere in the VR for easy interface.
And this is the basic thing, I would like to share that I think we need to reduce the GPU processing graphics here. Sometimes walking in the mall / interacting with the tools was not smoother enough.

When experiencing the Mintbase, the interaction response is so good. :heart_eyes:
first, the focus is not highlighted when mouse over to the particular store (This occurs on the homepage (Latest List). we can add in-between animation effects when going to another page.
second, The media player is smooth enough to watch. Navigation like seeks feature can be improved.
And When mouse over the specific video, changing thumbnails pic would be good to see like a GIF.
And Last But not least, When I was testing the store search option, suddenly the web page is not working at all. It shows 404 No page here. The page locks there and could not retrieve for another search. Seems to be BUG!
I have attached the GIF FYR

SearchBug

Let’s do something awesome together
@squattingPigeon

2 Likes

I’d like to give a feedback from the point of view of an artist :blush: @microchipgnu

The possibility of combining 2D images with 3D models in the metadata is a nice medium to work with, specially because the 3D model appear once you get closer to the object in 3XR and also because it is possible to “view” it highlighted in the other viewing mode. A positive experience and something that allows me to think about my art and my art process, challenging what I expect to be “finished artwork”. Which is nice!

3 things that I don’t like so much:

The fact that all images are framed. Sometimes the artist prefers without it because it greatly influences the visual reading of a work of art itself. So this should be an option, and the artists can decide with or without it.

The absence of scale customization: for example in Incubadora store, some images were imagined to be small on the wall and appears huge inside 3xr gallery. Is it possible to customize the scale of an artwork ? From the point of view of a curator or of an artist this issue is a very important one. Is the same problem when we are setting up physical exhibitions… the scale, distance between artworks etc are key to the concept of it.

Although I don’t dislike the idea of a white cube (to highlight the artworks the best), I kinda feel that the space is a corridor (it could be wider).

:yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

@JulianaM and @FutureIsNear your respective feedback is now [APPROVED].

Feel free to ask a payout of 1.5N (a bit more than 10$, to help with the fluctuating prices).

1 Like

Hello all,

this bounty is [CLOSED].

This is a summary of everyone’s feedback, to make it digestible. ( @microchipgnu :wink: )

• For 3XR, I felt the background was too white.

• I would prefer if there was a display at the beginning to let me know which space I was entering.

• I felt the graphics were too basic, I would like the display to be more flashy, the space seems very stationary and static.

• if there was a way to make the experience computationally cheaper so the laptops heat less it would be great.

• the possibility of using adaptive colours perhaps indexed to the artwork being viewed to enhance the appeal of the artwork and UX. This might not be easy to implement but perhaps there is a way to do this with less gpu processing than to render static predetermined colours.

• it might help for the not computationally literate to have some indication that the gallery could be left with the escape button as otherwise it is not so obvious to get the mouse back.

• have the option of a guided visit with written and/or audio comments presenting the artwork, the gallery, suggesting similar artwork for sale and possibly cracking the occasional joke.

• it would make more sense to have the delete button in another part of the screen and/or have some pop ups saying what each button do.

• With a gif however, it was a bit jarring the first time for me. (In Minting Island) Maybe having some kind of iconography to indicate at a glance which NFTs on display are static and which ones will change state.

• There was also a floating NFT in the middle of the Wildeverse space that wasn’t billboarding which was a bit confusing.

• I like the idea of an NFT that can take you into a private viewing room as a way to display collections or a series. Having the description pop up on proximity, or when you click it, without needing to click into another room might be a nice option to have as well.

• I tried it out on the Quest using the Oculus browser and Firefox browser but it looks like maybe support isn’t available yet.

• the cursor which is used to focus the gallery/things is so transparent. It could not be identifiable when walking in the mall when it is focusing on the different colors in the background picture.

• refreshing rates can be improved to attract the 3D rotation and user experience. When it responds according to the user’s mouse speed.

• We can show a glimpse of the gallery when we mouseover to those galleries.

• And when we wish to exit the gallery, ESC should be pressed ( this info shown initially) but that guidance we can show somewhere in the VR for easy interface.

• I would like to share that I think we need to reduce the GPU processing graphics here. Sometimes walking in the mall / interacting with the tools was not smoother enough.

• (Mintbase) the focus is not highlighted when mouse over to the particular store (This occurs on the homepage (Latest List).

• The Navigation feature, when looking for similar artworks, can be improved.

• When mouse over the specific video, changing thumbnails pic would be good to see like a GIF.

• (I don’t like) The fact that all images are framed. Sometimes the artist prefers without it because it greatly influences the visual reading of a work of art itself. So this should be an option, and the artists can decide with or without it.

• (I don’t like) The absence of scale customization: for example in Incubadora store, some images were imagined to be small on the wall and appears huge inside 3xr gallery. Is it possible to customize the scale of an artwork ? From the point of view of a curator or of an artist this issue is a very important one. Is the same problem when we are setting up physical exhibitions… the scale, distance between artworks etc are key to the concept of it.

• Although I don’t dislike the idea of a white cube (to highlight the artworks the best), I kinda feel that the space is a corridor (it could be wider).

4 Likes