(CALL TO COMMUNITY) ZOOM THINK TANK - Best Practices

Dear Community of Creatives and Creative Technologists (worldwide):

We are in a pivotal moment in our ecosystem. Though Rising DAO is new, we are dedicated to listening, researching, and storytelling about the art and the innovation WITHIN CREATIVE DAOS happening On Chain.

We hear that DAOs innovating in art/entertainment and creative innovation want to work together to provide NF/NDC, the existing/new moderators, and the community at large a snapshot of the best, most exciting creative innovation occurring right now.

In order to support all those to make informed decisions about iterations on funding, governance, and growth, Rising DAO is:

• Hosting 2 ZOOM CALLS as THINK TANKS to support the formation of the Near Digital Community (NDC) and the next iteration of funding DAOs in the ecosystem for creative/innovation projects.
  • This event will support gathering the BEST PRACTICES happening in the creative space/DAOs in ALL regions, and provide insights to NF/NDC and the existing/new moderators as they think about the next iteration of governance planning, funding, and growth.
  • A short, clear report will come from this to help ALL the ideas and planning happening in the ecosystem.

We wish to hold a GLOBAL event on:

Thursday, October 6th (Please suggest times in your region)

(We will decide on the 2nd event on the call on October 6th).

ALL DAOS, creatives/creative technologists that wish to participate in this project please let us know below.

We need support with the following:

1. Notetakers (in-meeting notes of key points)
  2. A 2-hour Zoom link (Pro Zoom)
  3. Support on report writing of BEST PRACTICES (people who will contribute to a report that outlines the findings from the ZOOM THINK TANK).

Thank you all, we are so looking forward to meeting!

Rising Crew

15 Likes

Iā€™m down for this think tank with the community, imho it will help us project our values and interpret us to the NF and beyond.

Dedeukwu@mindcontrol.video
Maybe 9pm WAT can make a good timing.

3 Likes

Happy to participate and support, letā€™s do this.

Kaptainkushman@gmail.com

2 Likes

Thanks Sara

add me on this call

curryazul@gmail.com

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure LFG :tada:
dabbyella3229@gmail.com

Thanks, Khush! Any suggestions for folks on your end as great listeners/note keepers? We can record, but we want to capture all the nuances.

2 Likes

Yes, @stella @Benedict @Royaltyjoy @Sammiee just to mention a few who would be great at this

4 Likes

I am super happy to be a part of this

Samsonnduka71@gmail.com

1 Like

Will love to be part of this

akudojoyce22@gmail.com

1 Like

Count on me
falecomnadae@gmail.com

:heart:
L.

Thanks all!

Can someone raise their hand to be a note-taker/listener?

Also, does someone have ZOOM PRO to ensure it has a way to have ā€œhand raiseā€ function?

Thanks!

1 Like

So much time wasted on this ā€˜community initiativesā€™.

Where do we draw the line between Community and Communism?

I see a lot of voices, a lot of points of view and little work.

If only the people that are actually getting things done had time to drop by and express themselves.

This is Web3. Show, donā€™t tell. There are no limits to what can be achieved - a solo developer in a basement can deploy code that can be accesses by anyone, anywhere in the world and control billions.

Work with small groups of people. Share progress. Inspire others to replicate what works. Invite more collaborators as required. Why spend all day talking and arguing over the meaning of words. All words are meaningless without action.

P.S - nothing inherently wrong with Think Tanks. I may even be joining (I have many identities and I have eyes everywhere around the ecosystem). If the meeting is going ahead, I propose that:

• There is a clear agenda
  • There is at least one moderator that ensures we stick to the agenda
  • Share resources before hand. Everyone attending should do their homework. Donā€™t rock up with an empty slate and simply rant on (ā€˜streams of consciousnessā€™)
  • If people want to put meaningful proposals, data, research, etc. please also circulate it beforehand so people have time to familiarise themselves with it, discuss only the contentions bits
  • Take notes of the meeting
  • Close with specific Calls to Action - what needs to be done, by when, by whom, etc.

Best of luck,

3 Likes

As you say, it takes many people to create in different ways. Individuals, and groups.

Best of luck to you as well.

3 Likes

We will be meeting at 1pm PST US time

There will be:

• One moderator (me)
  • One agenda
  • Focus is sharing best practices and work
  • There will be next steps which we will set (with people signing up for any actions)

Thanks all!

2 Likes

Examples of DEFINITION of Best Practices:

Arts

ā€œBEST PRACTICES FOR PUBLIC ART PROJECTS 1. Administrators should clearly represent the scope and budget of project in Calls for Artists and communications. 2. Artists should truthfully represent their role and the nature of past work when presenting portfolios. 3. Artists should design to available budgets and propose what they can realistically deliver within budget, especially during design competitions.ā€ ā€“( There are 29 more points) Americans For the Arts https://www.americansforthearts.org/sites/default/files/CombinedLtr%26PracticesFINAL.pdf

Technology

ā€œBest practice is defined by Gartner as a group of tasks that optimizes the efficiency (cost and risk) or effectiveness (service level) of the business discipline or process to which it contributes. It must be implementable, replicable, transferable and adaptable across industriesā€. ā€“ Gartner Group

Social Innovation

ā€œSocial innovation is the process of developing and deploying effective solutions to challenging and often systemic social and environmental issues in support of social progress. Social innovation is not the prerogative or privilege of any organizational form or legal structure. Solutions often require the active collaboration of constituents across government, business, and the nonprofit world.ā€ ā€“ Defining Social Innovation | Stanford Graduate School of Business

1 Like

For round 2
2:15

1 Like

Thank you all! Amazing conversation. More soon!

4 Likes

Could not make it but I am super curious to know what was discussed! Thank you for organizing this.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t get it either, Iā€™m confused with the time zones :scream:

Hey all.

Weā€™re working on two docs ā€“ 1 which outlines the first set of Best Practices we discussed ā€“ this will go on Medium and Blog chain, then be shared here. And, the 2nd will be a longer report on best practices which will be shared as well.

Weā€™re going to host another Best Practices share, dates, and time to come.

Thanks!

1 Like