[BOUNTY CLOSED] Create a piece of art for the Philosophical Thought Experiment 4: The Famous Violinist

The relationship between The Violinist and The Abortion

One of the reasons this experiment is put forward is that suppose you are a woman who was kidnapped and raped. You would be torn between killing the child inside you or not. Similarly, that is what is said in this experiment. Doing either of these actions are hard to choose a great deal.

stunter31.near

1 Like

Thomson basically seems to want us to answer three questions:

(i) Do you have the right to disconnect?

(ii) If you don’t have the right to disconnect, isn’t there a situation where this transaction could possibly cost your life, or one hundred percent likely would cost your life?

(iii) If you do not have the right to disconnect, do you also have a longer duration of treatment—9 years, for example? If you have the right to disconnect, is there also a situation where the treatment time is shorter—for example, 1 hour?

If our answer to (i) is yes, either there are situations where the right to dispose of the body is superior to the right to live, and ending the violinist’s life is not contrary to the right to live. If that’s the case, we have to accept that abortion can also be legitimate.

While our answer to (i) is yes, it can be argued that the violinist example is more like a pregnancy as a result of sexual assault than a pregnancy situation; for you are not willing to connect your circulatory system to that of the violinist. However, in this case, we encounter a new question: ‘Is the violinist not an innocent person?’ or, if we apply this to the case of abortion, ‘Is the fetus resulting from sexual assault less human or less innocent?’. Since the fetus did not commit the attack, the fetus resulting from sexual assault and the fetus resulting from voluntary union have equal innocence, and it is clear that they are both equal human beings by definition. Therefore, if the anti-abortion argument is to remain consistent, it should also reject abortion in a situation where a 15-year-old girl becomes pregnant as a result of sexual assault.

near wallet: urukhai.near

Name: cedieeearts
Wallet: cedieee.near
Title: “Thy Harmony”

Description: Today, abortion is a big issue concerning women because for years it had been said that abortion should not be legal. Many people feel aborting an unwanted child, or killing an unwanted child should be against the law. Many people don’t’ know what abortion is, who can receive abortions, and why people would even choose to get them. I feel as though a woman’s body is her own to do with whatever she wants. Therefore, on the topic of abortions, I am pro-life. Pro-life advocates contend there is no morally significant difference between the embryo you once were and the adult you are today that would justify killing you at that earlier stage of development. Differences of size, level of development, environment and degree of dependency are not good reasons for saying you had no right to life then but you do now.

6 Likes

NAME: Gen Vergara
NEAR WALLET: genvergara.near

TITLE: “KEEPING MY LITTLE VIOLINIST”

DESCRIPTION:

This art is about the two people, the one is the violinist who’s needed to be connected to the other one. This is when a violinist (fetus) need to be connected to the mother and live in her womb for 9 months for him to develop his organ and finally disconnect in the right time.

But take a look of the art, you can see a mother with a oxygen mask and also ill.
But keeping her little violinist is her choice. I may be cause death for on or both of them, but taking the risk is her choice. The question is, what if the violinist can cause death to the one he was connected with? Do abortion is actually illegal? Maybe we’ll have different answer to this question.

2 Likes

Trigger Warning :warning: :warning:

Although the fetus has a right to life, there are morally acceptable reasons to undergo an abortion, according to Judith Jarvis Thomson’s essay “A Defense of Abortion.” There are obviously illegal reasons to have an abortion, but she explains her justification for why it would be morally acceptable. She feels that a woman should be in charge of both her external and internal environment. The right to life of a person and a fetus play a significant role in whether an abortion is permissible.

Wallet ID: pemmiee.near

2 Likes

The Bind of Virtuoso

Talent is the only treasure that cannot be taken from anyone else. This is the reason why our chapter of life can make it into a meaningful harmony with nature and technology. This illustration tells the dramatic stories between a two different individuals that proves that we can be a hero by enduring all the consequences that may affect your life. Fate can be bitter sometimes, that is why we can’t control on what the future holds. Only one thing is important, an excellent virtuoso/artist with a legacy that helps inspiring others is worth sharing half your body just to broaden his/her existence in this world. Be the best resolution to make other people have a reason to live. You can be your own virtuoso by helping others and appreciating someone’s compassion.

Near ID: yoneru.near
Date submitted: sept-19-2022

3 Likes

I just couldn’t think of anything else on the subject, no matter the circumstance, owning your own body is essential. The decision-making power belongs to each one. After all, choices are the only freedom. And the X of the matter for me is that, I wish this conversation was so outdated that we would no longer need to deal with abortion with so much moral, religious, civic and even philosophical weight.

I created a mantra

OwnmYourOwnm
OwnmYourOwnm
OwnmYourOwnm
(Repeat)
:person_in_lotus_position:

And here is my image

Name: X
AI+collage+Mixed media

:heart:
L.
luluca_l.near

3 Likes

This bounty is closed. Please, wait for the DAO to choose the winners. I will come back here with the results. Thank you all for participating!

5 Likes

anigif

The violin handles peace.
The harmony of the violin maintains the peace of mind of the mother and the fetuses, thus preventing any harmful or adverse thoughts that do not allow birth in this musical and harmonic world.

ismeleu.near

Hi can i still send my entry here?
I encountered problem exporting my file yesterday that’s why i wasn’t able to send it on time.
If you allow me to send my entry even if it is late, thank you.
But still thank you if not.

" Mirror of Choice"

This entry of mine shows the similarity in both situation of The Famous Violinist and abortion. Using Mirror as a signification of 2 choices a person has, and the water showing the reflection or the connectedness o this situtions.

krizzy.near

i hope you can give me a chance to be part of this bounty, even i submitted late. I swear i’ve been doing this for days and finished it on the right time. I just encountered problem while exporting.

We are glad to inform you that the winners of this bounty are:
@louietism, @bitpixi, @LulucaL, @swilart2.near
Congratulations for your art.
Please, @beetlejuice, we ask you mint their art in our store Philosophart, with the due credits, revenue, and royalties for the artists’ wallets and for the dao’s.
The winners can ask for their payout proposal on Philosophers DAO astrodao.

8 Likes

Wow congrats fellas… sheesh i cant get a chance to win here
:wink::v: Congrat to everyone…

4 Likes

Congratulations winners :clap::tada:

4 Likes

Congratulations everyone!
Thank you, Fam. It was such a pleasure to join on this bounty.

2 Likes

The winners can ask for their payout proposal on astrodao. Let me know whoever doesnt know how to do it.

4 Likes

Yeaaaahs finally i won. Congrats all.
Luvs much :heart: tnx!

@thephilosopher ask for how much N?

@beetlejuice I would like to mint a higher quality image, I’ll prepare it and put the link here for you to download, ok?

4 Likes

I notice winners been choosen was not becoz of Arts they made but becoz of the word they express giving details about the Thoughts of expirements. Means this contest is not just an Art but to express your understanding the better concept of the contest meaning.

3 Likes

But…

All art has a concept, no? This bounty, is evident that it’s not just about the art image itself but all subjectivity/objectivity you can express on the proposed topics.

I understand the reason for the bounty is for you to show how you understand the concept of the project meaning into art and elaborating textually the why.

Btw, It’s a philosophical conversation, for love’s sake!

:v:

3 Likes