Project Name: NEAR Hub
DAO address: nearhub-dao.sputnik-dao.near
DAO Council members:
NEAR Hub has been growing and to properly affirm our place as NEAR’s Metaverse, we need your assistance!
Firstly, a bit of background:
NEAR Hub was founded in 2021 and has since partnered with over 25 NEAR-based projects for custom build metaverse experiences and home to over 80 NEAR community events.
Now, NEAR Hub is poised to become NEAR’s go-to metaverse, connecting everyone in the ecosystem through experiences such as community gatherings to NFT galleries, and all while attracting aspiring students to film enthusiasts and first time users curious about web3. Current features include: token-gated experiences, NEAR wallet login, virtual phone, avatar generator, built-in 3D experience builder, and all with VR and mobile compatibility.
However, we have developed a key problem:
While NEAR Hub has been growing and developing exciting new features, we have reached a block when it comes to managing our social channels and awareness-raising. Meaning, we find ourselves not reaching our full user and engagement potential throughout the NEAR ecosystem.
Since there is no in-team capacity at present to take on this responsibility we have sought to hire a Social Media Coordinator. We are looking for funding for this individual for the next three months. We are working to have more solid core funding for staffing following December.
The responsibilities for this Social Media Coordinator would be:
- Content creation and scheduling for upcoming projects, partnership/build/feature announcements, and events
- Content creation and scheduling for evergreen socials content related to NEAR Hub features, builds, mission & values, and the founders & team
- Social media strategy:
- developing a main focus areas for each social media platform and voice (Twitter, Instagram, Forum, Telegram)
- target market articulation for each social platform & specific campaigns
- giveaways and contesting creation and hosting
- preferred hashtag usage and posting schedule
- Taking lead on graphics creation to accompany social posts
- Creating bios for the founders and team
Metrics for this individual:
The targets for this Social Media Coordinator, will be the following:
- 300% increase in NEAR Hub Twitter, Instagram, and Telegram followers/group members
- 200% increase in weekly engagement (likes, replies/comments, retweet/reshare/quote tweets) on NEAR Hub Twitter and Instagram posts
- Increase in weekly posting across all socials resulting in min. 4 times/week posting schedule
- Weekly social media activity reports presented to leadership
- Monthly Forum posts detailing new development features, partnerships, and events
The new Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for posting a monthly report here on the Forum for the next three months to showcase their progress on their metrics achievement.
We’ve already identified a candidate for this role and are in the process of onboarding them.
In order to retain them for September, October, November, and December, we are requesting from the Marketing DAO a total of USD 4,000 to be paid in USN (USD $1,000/month at 20-30 hours/week) to nearhub-dao.sputnik-dao.near. This rate has been chosen to be competitive and to also match local wage expectations for the individual.
Please let us know if any elaboration is required on any part of this proposal and if there are any questions/concerns! Looking forward to sharing more succinctly and regularly about everything NEAR Hub is up to soon.