Abdul: Near Social
@Binwakili

Link to the Social Media accounts:
Near Social
Twitter
Telegram

Funding Scheme : Monthly

Metrics of Evaluation

1. Accounts Retention: Aim to retain at least 50% of our onboarded users after 8 weeks, maintaining interaction on the chain.
  2. Account Acquisition Cost: Target to reduce the acquisition cost to below 5 USDC per account through our initiatives and campaigns.
  3. dApps Engagement: Aim at ensuring that at least 50% of accounts retained for over 6 weeks engage with more than one dApp in the NEAR ecosystem.
  4. Social Engagement Score: We aim to use our various channels, and target an overall 20% increase in posts, likes, followers/views in the coming month.

Strategy activity

1. Onboarding and Education
  • Dynamic Community Management (Telegram): 24/7 assistance for NEAR ecosystem inquiries. Expect 2-3 daily news and educational content updates. Funding: 600USDC
  • Social Media Presence: Daily updates, articles, videos, infographics, and translations. Posting on Near. social. Funding: 1,000 USDC
  • Thoughtful Content Creation (Medium): Bi-monthly in-depth articles. Funding: 400 USDC
  • AMA Sessions: 2 - 3 weekly sessions to address community inquiries. Funding: 500 USDC

Budget Request

Total Budget: $2,500
Wallet :
Nearhausa. near*

Addition:
At Near Hausa, we currently don’t have a tech set to track active accounts or users in our community, for clarity, we are going to utilize ShardDog to create raffles and, this help us to track active accounts/community of Near Hausa.

We going to engage our devs and are also working on figuring out how to rack our active community accounts/members by building some basic BOS components if work out. We don’t know when we can be done building this infrastructure but we are putting more energy into this as another priority item we want to achieve in a short time.
Starting from social engagement score, daps used by users and other activities would be tracked after this infrastructure is built.

Thank you for your support @marketingdao-council

3 Likes

Hi @msageer thanks for the proposal. I like what you and your team are aiming to do, and I appreciate the transparency around the challenges you have faced that you outlined in your recent report. That said, I can’t support the proposal in its current format. I would like to help the team find a way forward.

Here are my comments:

• There is not enough information in the budget breakdown below for us to understand exactly what the Community funding is going toward. Like what will the educational series and articles focus on? What will the widgets do? What kinds of workshops? Where, how long, who is hosting, how will you acquire and retain users?

Budget Breakdown

• Education/Workshops
    • Translation of articles, hosting 2 educational series and weekly call on telegram. For 4 weeks

500 USD

• BOS Building
    • Building widgets

800 USD

• Marketing/Onboarding
    • User onboarding and Worshops
    • User acquisition and retention

Total= 2800$

In general, I think you would be more likely to successfully get funded if you proposed a specific BOS widget with a clear use case that served a need in the community and then asked for support in marketing that. That’s just my opinion though.

I’ll ask the same of what I have asked a number of other proposers during this review period:

Here is a link to the MarketingDAO Guidelines for October that were posted on the forum. They contain the NDC’s KPIs we are asked to focus on for allocating this month’s funds.

I’ll paste them here so it’s easier to review:

Please use the following metrics that will be used for tracking individual initiatives’ performance by Marketing (Eco) DAO. All the metrics must be attributable to the relevant project/initiative through on-chain activity and off-chain reporting, ensuring GDPR compliance and preserving privacy:

1. Accounts retention after 1/2/4/8 weeks — the percentage of accounts who continue interacting on the chain over a given time period (higher is better)
  2. Account acquisition cost — budget divided by the number of accounts interacting through the funded initiative (lower is better)
  3. Median number of dApps used by P95 accounts retained for 1+ week (higher is better)
  4. Number of accounts retained for 1+ week using at least three dApps (higher is better)
  5. Social engagement score — some compound metric of the number of posts, likes, and followers/views in social media produced by the users.

Let’s take this example: Why should Marketing (Eco) DAO fund Project X?

1. Project X should have a clear goal and target audience
  2. Project X should bring improvements to several metrics listed above

Based on the above, can you share:

• Which of the above KPIs your initiative will use if funding is received
  • How you will track and share the results with MDAO so we can have visibility into the results?
  • What is the most important aspect of this proposal, the most crucial to fund – what will have the most impact for the community?

The reality is that MDAO has 35 pending proposals for limited funds, so it is likely we will be asking for revisions and some reductions in scope in order to fund the highest impact activities and projects as we move into mid-Q4.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @so608 thanks for the feedback, this shows our proposal was given attention im glad.

My proposal was updated, and I would appreciate it if it would be reconsidered for funding. I believe MDAO wants to make great a Near Protocol and Regional Communities are another backbone, Near Hausa proved itself to be one of the most successful Communities in the ecosystem not only language-based communities, and has operated since inception without funding. ( have received NDC election preparation funding).

However, if this proposal fails our contributors might not continue again which can be a setback to Near Hausa and the entire ecosystem, I would appreciate your consideration of our proposal to pass so we can continue building the grate near the community we are building.

We are only where we are because of the help and advice from people like @IgbozeIsrael and @Bakaka these individuals have helped with advice and other means they can support the Great Near Hausa.

Thanks,
Muhammad Sagir, Near Hausa CM

Hello @msageer . I am happy to support you, because

But in November, your proposal should be aligned with NDC goals and KPIs. Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi @msageer thanks for your proposal. I would echo the comments from fellow council and ask that you fully align with the new KPIs going forward. Happy to support

1 Like

Thank you for your support as always @Dacha and @cryptocredit, i have updated the proposal to align with NDC’s new KPIs.

your help and guidance are very helpful…

Thanks, once again.

Dear Marketing (Eco) DAO contributor, your application was approved by Marketing (Ecosystem) DAO. The approved proposal included in October’s request to NDC Trust.

Please advise that during this transition period (NDC v0-v1), the following applications’ approval procedure:

1. :green_circle: October 21 - 25th time for proposals from the Community, updates accordingly to NDC Metrics;
  2. :green_circle: October 26 reviewing by MDAO councils, approval on governance forum, and creation post-request to NDC (House of Merit , CoA, NDC trust);
  3. :yellow_circle: October 27-31st, House of Merit (HOM) will review your proposal;
  4. :red_circle: October 31 – HOM will vote for your proposal on-chain;
  5. :red_circle: November 1, in case of successful approval by HOM, HOM will pass the request to COA to vote on-chain;
  6. :red_circle: November 2nd-6th – CoA will review your proposal and vote on-chain (can veto);
  7. Once the CoA gives its approval, the NDC Trustees will carry out the transaction, provided that the expenses align with the Trust’s objectives;

So, during this time, please

1. Fill out the form to pass KYC KYC Request Form (if not yet)
  2. Wait for future instruction from Marketing (Ecosystem) DAO and an invitation to create a transfer on Astro DAO.
  3. Please join NDC Marketing HUB Telegram: Contact @ndc_marketing
  4. Please get in touch with me on telegram @kmotiv 24/7 if you have any questions.

Dear team!
Our request to NDC trust has been approved. So please, create a transfer from Marketing DAO treasure to your wallet. Marketing DAO Proposal Funding Guide - Updated August 2023

1 Like

Thank you for the update.

1 Like