Continuing the discussion from [APPROVED] HypeDAO Budget - second half of July 2021:
Our first funding period was only 14 days ago!
We aimed for 100 new members in the first month, and in only two weeks we are at 121 Twitter followers and 75 Telegram members. Our Instagram has 23 followers with only an introductory post made so far.
Digipedia and myself wrote an introductory post and it got a decent reaction on twitter + 87 claps on Medium.
@EV3RETH built and deployed a next.js website and converted it to a yarn workspaces monorepo so that we can expand it similar to scaffold-eth for different project starters, and a connect NEAR and Register for HYPE button.
I managed twitter for the first week or so, and @ZexonNerotaki took the final week. we split the 100N between us.
The Logo Design Bounty has been completed – we got nine people with rough draft submissions to the bounty-board thread, and the winner was @holikao who has been paid out 50N from the DAO. All submissions were paid 5N from the dao by linking to their bountyboard comment.
We did not host discussions, although Digipedia and myself have started name dropping Hypedao in other peoples spaces, and talking about what we do.
The HYPE fund of $NEAR was used to tip out people for participating until we realized there was a
/login command (aside from the correct
/tipbotLogin command) that requested full permissions from a users near wallet, so we removed it from the HypeDAO telegram channel until its removed or renamed.
Remaining funds: 347 NEAR to be rolled over to Art / Hype projects.
We would like to establish a monthly Hack Bounty Fund to ensure we can support 2 or 3 developers to contribute in their spare time on components for the monorepo. We may contribute part of this fund towards a hackathon to sponsor one of these bounties. Unfinished bounties will be rolled over or reallocated the following month.
We also will need an Art Bounty Fund for various efforts, from contests to art minting and sales. We also would like to explore ways to bring in Ethereum artists to NEAR.
These are up for grabs throughout the month. We will promote the bounties on Forum, Social media and Telegram.
- Make a hype payout proposal component for the repo (60)
- make a $HYPE leaderboard component (50)
- make component for minting to Mintbase HypeDAO store (approved accounts only) (use mintbase.js) (50)
- mintbase mint component that submits a proposal for the dao to mint it instead of user. (50)
- send $HYPE to user component (60)
- Create a useful branch of the monorepo using the yarn-workspaces project structure. Such as port nft-market to workspaces. (100)
- Component to display Post from Discourse by url (80)
- Page to display bounty board from Taiga API (50)
- Create a Sputnik v2 fork with NFT membership (as opposed to FT weighted membership) (125)
- component for proposal to purchase NFT from DAO (100)
- Aurora Deploy NFT, mint to NFT via DAO (125)
- 10 NEAR to 5 featured artists to deploy their first store on mintbase and mint a collection to be featured in HypeDAO social media throughout the month.
- 100 NEAR sticker bounty, 50 designs paid out 2 near and then all added to the a sticker pack
- 100 NEAR art purchasing budget, for the dao to start collecting directly.
- Collage project. 49 Artworks in one NFT, minted by the DAO with a 50-way split.
- Twitter (100 split 2 or 3 ways)
- Instagram (50)
- Website maintenance and service costs (125)
- Coordination (planning, outreach, facilitation on Forum and Telegram) (500 split)
We will roll over our previous funds for more art and hype-fund efforts, TBD by community and planners.