Appendix 1: “Near Digital Collective application form
Section 1 - DAO/Project Information
- Rhyme Taylor on behalf of DragonVerse
- Road to ETH Denver and $BLACKDRAGON Music Video
- January 2024.
- Community Gaming and NFT
Section 2. Previous Funding
Have you received funding for this project from any source?
Any source of funding. This may include NEAR Foundation Grants, and existing GDAOs, among others.
Section 3. DAO URLs
DAO / Project Website
Social Media Distribution Channels
Twitter and Telegram.
Soon to be BoS
Is Your DAO/Project Targeting a Specific Country?
Which region will your DAO/ Project support? Usually, regions can be defined by their language. North American Central, South America & Caribbean (Spanish), South America (Portuguese), Europe, Asia, Africa, Asia Pacific, Middle East, or international by fact
The project has an international audience but this specific activation is for attendees of ETH Denver
Section 4. Applicant Information
Name of Point of Contact: Rhyme Taylor
Link to Governance Forum/near.social Profile
NEAR Wallet ID: charm3d.near
Wallet ID that will be receiving funds: charm3d.near
Country of Residence: United States
Additional Relevant Links (add any other links to resources that highlight your work or involvement with NEAR ecosystem. This may include your portfolio, GitHub, etc.)
***** 4000+ eggs sold in first week of Dragonverse Eggs.
Executive producer of ETH Milan art x tech activation for creatives dao. I did not approve budget but I did lead operations in its entirety. https://twitter.com/sharddog/status/1710684257549492636
Marketing/Branding Assistance for Engage-a-thon at NEARcon https://twitter.com/monzaNFT/status/1725410991721046173
Section 5. Team Members
- Rhyme Taylor will be coordinating the experiential activation.
- David Morrison will be assisting in the marketing and performing music video that will be used as a promotional tool and vehicle for further onboarding.
- Jeff Gold of NearHub will be providing the backend tech for dragonverse
- ShardDog will provide onboarding QR codes for music video which will also include a random selection of dragon egg NFTs.
- Mintbase and Minsta gameplan to coordinate more content onsite.
- Bodega Labs is also a core contributor to the DragonVerse
Section 6. Experience
What related qualifications, experience, or track record does your team bring to this initiative?
we sold over 4000 eggs in our first week of the dragonverse and the dragon eggs.
We had two different affiliated collections reach the top five NFT projects in all of NEAR.
12+ years of experience in branding/marketing/PR with an emphasis in events. Three years working with NEAR Ecosystem projects.
1,000 QR Codes Collected at ETH Denver
100K Music Video Impressions on Twitter
50 Pieces of Original Visual Content Distributed Across Socials
3 Podcast Interviews
2 Twitter Spaces
Section 7. DAO/Project Charter/White or Litepaper and Goals
Project Overview: Presentation with a short High-Level 6 bullet points summary:
The Road to ETH Denver and Egg-a-thon is a collaboration inspired by the $BLACKDRAGON community meme token. It will be used to leverage several projects while creating an educational platform for musicians in a renewed approach to Near x Music.
- A music video will be released via ShardDog at ETH Denver
- Each video QR copy contains dragon eggs from NEAR DragonVerse collection.
- Eggs received will be randomized by 1, 6, 12, or 13
- A Golden Egg grand prize. TBD
- QR Codes will randomize alternate album covers.
The music industry is still much of an enigma, even to the artists themselves. We are using this as a chance to begin creating a stronger foundation for educating artists, especially musicians about the opportunities brought to them by web3.
- New Distribution Models Offered in Web3
- Artist Royalties
- Building and Owning Your Economy
To further expand on our experiential context to these themes, we will be auctioning off the MASTERS of the song and music video recorded by David Morrison on the new Near x Music page in collaboration with Mintbase.
Additionally, we will be doing podcast interviews and hosting Twitter spaces with key influencer accounts to publicize the auction further and discuss the advantages artists have moving on-chain.
(Mission, Vision, Core programs and how they align with NDC’s NDC CoA Vision, team, and requested budget for the next three months)
Budget Total: $8900
What Problem Are You Aiming to Solve?
We need more high-level content and context for our suite of projects leveraging NEAR. With this activation, we are able to create anchor pieces of high-quality content and interject ourselves at one of one the biggest conferences in the U.S. which has the potential to resonate with non-crypto native audiences, but also amplify the attention of the current memecoin emergence.
- How can your DAO / Project achieve NDC priorities, goals, and KPIs?
- Roadmap of your DAO/project, Milestones, and achievements
- Tongue-in-cheek clips of David (D.Mo) and team getting ready for transatlantic travel from London to Nashville and a glimpse into the life of an international superstar.
- Posted on Twitter
- Create and Order Any Marketing Supplies/Merch
- Coordinate with KOLs to align coverage.
- Tease BTS Footage from in Studio.
- Podcast Appearance #1
- NEARWEEK Cover Story Goes Live w/ teaser clip from the completed music video
- Illia changes pfp to egg/tweets teaser clip of music video
- Other KOLs and Key Influencers Also Change pfp/tweet
- Podcast Appearance #2
February 25th-March 3rd:
- Team arrives on-site at ETH Denver. D.Mo plays into character and paparazzi follows to capture all the content.
- Coordinate with NEAR-related projects attending ETH Denver
- Arm everybody with MINSTA gameplan
- Goal: 20 Minsta Ambassadors on and off-site
- Stickers/QR codes are hidden in plastic Easter eggs and dropped around the venue and side events.
- Podcast Appearance #3 releases (pre-recorded)
- Podcast Appearance #4 w/ Podcaster from outside NEAR eco recorded at ETH Denver
March 4th- March 10th:
- Write Post-ETH Denver Report w/ milestones, metrics and other qualitative anecdotes.
Section 8. Budget
Projected Budget for the next three months (In USD for each Task/Milestone)
Music Video Shoot w/ David Morrison February 10th:
After Effects Editor: 800
*Almost 82% of all content consumed online was video in 2023. A high-quality produced video will penetrate through the sea of monotony and dead scrolling. The algorithm also gives priority viewing to higher-quality visual content. High-Quality video and content are imperative not only for this project but for the greater good of NEAR,
On-Site Eth Denver
Social Media Specific Content Creator For Photo/Video/Reels (6 days): $2,000
*social media content including reels will be turned around for same-day use on socials.
Marketing Materials: $1,000
*options to consider include flyers, eggs, stickers, posters, stands, cards, lanyards
*options to consider include t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, socks
NEAR-affiliated projects wear branded merch with QR codes to collect the music video.
Project Management + Coordination: $2,500
- Links to Similar Proposals from Near Foundation, existing GDAOs, Near ECO (if applicable)
What is the length of Commitment to Delivering Your Project? Will your team be working on this project full-time?
Yes. 4 weeks of preparation from today but planning started several weeks ago. With a week of post-event promotion.
Will your team be fully renumerated from this budget? Yes.
Section 9. Project/DAO longevity
Does your project/DAO require one-time or continuous funding?
This particular activation is one-time funding.
Will your DAO/Project device way of sustaining itself after this round of funding?
Yes. This is a promotional tool and vehicle to synergize a handful of top projects on NEAR and NEAR as a whole, including:
- Meteor Wallet
What are the possible roadblocks to the success of your project/DAO?
There are always unpredictabilities with any tech offering. Our goal is to make things as simple as possible with as many ways to engage where people are.