[APPROVED] Blockchain Club Of Uganda Event and Social Media Publicity Funding: September 2021

Blockchain Club of Uganda Guild Community Growth Proposal

This is a proposal by blockchain club of Uganda to introduce Near protocol to Uganda through community engagement to enhance growth and expansion of the protocol within the country.

With our identified target communities, which include Universities, National Information and Technology Authority (NITA), mainstream media, Private Sector Forum of Uganda and the general community at large. We shall hold blended meetups (both physical and online) with members of the targeted communities to teach and sensitize them about Blockchain and Cryptography peculiar to Near.

We also intend to broaden general awareness about Near through Content ranging from blogs, Articles, videos, infographics and memes. This content will be shared through both mainstream media and popular social media platforms in Uganda, that is, facebook, twitter, instagram, telegram and whatsapp. This will be realized by inviting main stream media reporters to our meetups. We shall be posting daily twitter, facebook and instargram posts about Near meanwhile ensuring an active engagement in Telegram and whatsapp channels which shall be formed in September, being our first month of operation.

Our objectives are specified as short and long run. We shall cover the specified targeted communities in a period of four months by mobilizing an in person meetup of each group on a monthly basis as well constant media engagements as broken down below.

Meetups

We shall hold at least a meetup per month starting in September. Our initial target are universities and colleges particularly technology students and professors.

The major purpose of our meetups shall be introducing the local academia to Blockchain technology, peculiar to Near with keen emphasis on NFT’s and the Near Ecosystem. We shall also mobilise developers to the Near Academy to learn building on Near Protocol. This will also lay a foundation for our planned participation in a Near centered hackathons.
Prior Experience;
Our team has prior experience in holding blockchain related events given their involvement in the same field. Here is my link to my recent meetup for Phuture Finance Phuture Soldier tasks - Google Drive

Mainstream media

We shall invite technology and science journalists from major newspapers, Tvs and radios to cover our meetups. We shall also give interviews to these reporters.

Social media

• We shall publish articles to for personal blogs and social media putting our main emphasis on twitter, facebook and instagram in the following matrices.
  • Facebook: 1 infographic post per day with a 500 follow target by December.
  • Instagram: 2 motion graphics per day with a 1200 follow target by December.
  • Twitter: 2 infographics & one motion graphic per day with a 1000 follow target by December.

All the above posts shall be directed to bringing Near awareness to the Ugandan community. They will also direct users to join the Near community by providing links to Near website social media channels.
Our team is composed of members with great online presence and have been sharing and engaging in blockchain related conversations. These are some of their twitter URLS https://twitter.com/NduguMucunguzi https://twitter.com/cute_dianie

September proposed budget

Workshop with Makerere University. We shall hold our first event in September targeting University students, tutors and researchers. We shall draft invitation letters to university Blockchain clubs around the country. We also intent to invite Google Students Developer Clubs as well as some particular inline research organizations including CrowdDoing, Crypto Impact Potential on Africa and Europe. We shall introduce Blockchain and Near Protocol in particular and how it can be deployed in the different fields that related to mentioned groups.

To hold this event, we propose a budget of 875$ equivalent to 130.6N(1n=6.7$ at the time of posting).

Creating Near Local Social Media handles and channels.

We shall create social media channels for twitter, instagram, facebook and telegram where we shall be sharing Near related content, articles and announces in both English and the major dialects(Kiswahili and Luganda). These channels shall be managed and handled by our club members. To have a good run of these channels, we shall give retweet, like and comment offers.

Crucial to note is that we shall also translate Near announcements, blogs and articles to the commonly used dialects in Uganda particularly Kiswahili and Luganda.

To have this running, we propose a budget of 630$ equivalent to 94N (1N = 6.7 at the time of posting).

Expected Matrices
We expect to have at least 100 people join the Near Community forum https://gov.near.org/ (This is out of the 160 expected attendees of our 4 meetups in total)
We expect to have a minimum following of 200 by the end of the first month. This will be through intensive social media advertising as well as engagement rewards.
We expect to attract at least 5 members to enroll on Near Academy https://near.academy/

Total Funding for September is 1505$ Equivalent to 224.6N (1N = 7.6$ at the time of posting)
Target wallet: mucu256.near

Heya @Mucu256 ,

Awesome to see NEAR activity over in Uganda.

Can you please clearly define the goals of this proposal? Think qualitative rather than quantitative, but both can be helpful. What do you want to achieve? What’s the impact on the NEAR ecosytem?

Importantly, how will you measure success?

Do you have any previous work we can refer to in regards to translations? Or did you conduct any other meetups in the past which were successful?

2 Likes

Hello @Mucu256, just checking if this proposal is still pending? Please see David’s comments above. Let us know if you have any questions and as you are able to update the proposal. Thanks!

AVB

Hi @satojandro, I have I think David’s comment requires me to do some sort of reshaping which am gonna work on ASAP

Hi @David_NEAR I edited my proposal and carried it forward to this month. Please look through it.

1 Like

Hi @Mucu256, it seems like you’ve submitted this proposal to the community squad DAO. I’ve rejected the proposal because of a couple of reasons:

1. This proposal falls under the Marketing DAO because it’s around social media and audience building.
  2. Please do not submit a proposal on chain to the DAO unless you get explicit consent from the DAO council members about your proposal.

In this case, please work with the marketing DAO council members on the proposal, and when there’s an agreed amount, submit it to the marketing DAO vertical.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Hey,

Another update to be aware of.

We’re moving to USD denominated funding.

Please can you add the payout amount requested in USD (+NEAR at time of writing, but this is variable).

Thanks!

1 Like

Ok please, noted @shreyas

Hello @David_NEAR I’ve added the payout amount requested in USD (+NEAR at time of writing). Looking forward to your response.

Hey guys,

This proposal is all good w/ me.

Let’s give the other council members time to review before moving to approved

cc @satojandro @jcatnear @cryptocredit @norah.near

3 Likes

Hi @Mucu256 nice clear proposal with great outreach potential.

I agree with @David_NEAR that this is ready to approve.

Best of luck with the events and activities planned. Look forward to hear the results!

3 Likes

Thanks for updating the proposal as per David’s suggestions + comments.

I’ve read through and I believe this is good to be submitted for approval.

Thanks,

2 Likes

@Mucu256 you submitted it to the community squad DAO again.

Rejecting it. Please submit here: SputnikDAO

1 Like

Hi @Mucu256 , we’re still waiting on your payout request on the Marketing Vertical DAO. Please attach the link to this post once done. Thank you!

1 Like