[Activation] Guildathon @ ETHDenver 2022

Hi everyone!

This post introduces a fun virtual + physical event NEAR is producing for #GUIDL Week before ETHDenver, February 11-17. Essentially, we hope to activate guilds and other ecosystem participants through Community DAO experiments, involving 500+ NEAR in rewards!

We would love for you to get involved through one metaverse or another! And meet us “IRL” at our physical NEAR Lounge venue, the Jonas Building (see image below) near the Sports Castle, where Schelling Point and the hackathon will take place Thursday to Sunday (February 17-20).

Thanks to the kind folks at ETHDenver for this opportunity to help bring their VIP Lounge to life!

Notice that red wall + windows across the way? More on that creative space in a bit…

First things first!

Purpose | Vision | Mission | Strategy | Goals | Metrics

Evolutionary Purpose

To develop understanding of guild participation together as a community of ecosystems. What does it mean to be part of the NEARverse? How might you explore all the collaborative games that we are co-creating?

Vision

Multiple guild representatives in a Council voting on ideas for prizes, while running polls with our growing Community group, to inform creative processes and collective daocision making.

Mission

Empower guilds to connect and collaborate with ETHDenver hackers and other kinds of creators. This flexible structure might be useful in coordinating our many different opportunities.

Strategy

Our guiding question is why Guilds? For this pre-hackathon warmup event, I think we should focus on ideas related to creativity, governance, and community development. Maybe it can be an opportunity to explore ideas for the hackathon? This would facilitate team building and cross-pollination of web3 ecosystems.

Goals

Evolve a Community DAO governance with various ecosystem participants / guilds.

Metrics

• new participants on Astro / MoonNoobs
  • members in our Community group
  • responsible Guild leaders take over Council group
  • active DAOs in a new “Guilds DAO” group of Ecosystem DAO?

About Community DAOs

How To Participate

5-Step Guide for Creators and Guilds

Expand the section below each step to find out more :eyes:

Step 1: Get / Give NEAR Account(s)

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

To get a NEAR account, you may create one using NEAR Wallet.

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 6.54.00 PM

Note: you will have to fund your NEAR wallet in order to get a contract-based account. Learn more about storage staking here.

An easier, free way - if you have at least 0.05 ETH on MetaMask - would be to use this nifty tool provided by the Paras.id team!

faucet.paras.id

Plus, we will be helping anyone get onboarded in a specific NEARverse group on Telegram and the ETHDenver Discord.

Let us know if you need any help! We can send you a link from NearDrop.io

Searching for apps to try?

awesomenear.com

Join the party on Telegram:

Step 2: Propose Guild-a-thon Rewards

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

Funding Pathways

1. Transfer Proposal to a NEAR Account / DAO
  2. Bounty Proposal for a Community DAO Prize

EXPECTATIONS

<50 NEAR for each bounty proposal

This guild-a-thon empowers communities to share opportunities to reward contributions in the context of their projects and goals. Everyone is welcome to submit any kind of proposal.

WALKTHROUGH

Guilds are welcome to propose payouts into their own accounts / DAOs.

DO NOT request more than 50 NEAR. Thank you!

Be sure to click the drop-down menu in the proposal interface to select “Propose to Create Bounty” or any other choice from the list.

EXAMPLES

• produce a video that documents NEAR Lounge + Creative Space
  • launch experimental DAOs for the Guild-a-thon activities
  • musical performance(s) / art installations

Submit here: Astro

Step 3: Follow / Join Community DAO

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

Giving Voice To Values!

Astro

Nominate Any NEAR Account for Various Groups

Description + Link

Please give any helpful context.

Select Group

You are welcome to choose Community or Council.

Target: Account ID

Belonging to a potential new member.

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 10.32.34 PM

Gas Fees + Bond / Deposit

Reference: 0.1 TGas is about 0.00001 NEAR, and the 0.1 NEAR bond is returned to any successful proposers.

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 10.32.54 PM

Additional Context:

Step 4: Collaborate with NEAR Guilds

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

Discover Opportunities

Start a Guild on NEAR

Something for Everyone

Review prizes available on the Community DAO bounties page and explore opportunities for all kinds of creators :rocket:

https://github.com/near/ecosystem

Communities

openwebsandbox.org

Badges

stats.gallery

Education

near.university

Grants

NEAR Foundation

ETHDenver Bounties TBA

MetaBuild!

Submit projects by 2022-02-10T05:00:00Z

metabuild.devpost.com

Creative Space

To support ETHDenver MakerSpace this year, our community will create a room in the NEAR Lounge, which will transform into part of the Bufficorn BUIDL Brigade VIP Lounge that weekend, February 17-20.

This open space will feature creative projects involved with our Guild-a-thon. Why do you create? Who is going to be there? What will we make?

Step 5: Vote on Proposals Together #daomocracy

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

Guild-a-thon Council Participation

To get a vote in the Council of this Community DAO, you will need to make a “New Member” proposal to that group, shown here: Astro

Everyone is welcome participate in the daoscussions happening on the NEAR governance forum and elsewhere in the NEARverse

Timeline

Q&A @ Guild Office Hours

2022-01-28T05:00:00Z

NEAR Demo Day

2022-02-04T05:00:00Z

5+ Prize Proposals Approved

2022-02-07T05:00:00Z

Guild-a-thon Begins

2022-02-11T05:00:00Z

DAOmocracy Event

2022-02-17T05:00:00Z

General | Polls | Bounties

Useful Resources for Hackers:

daostats.io + API

Community DAO Governance System

Our established purpose is coordination. How might other Community DAOs, Guilds, and various entities coordinate about ways to achieve much better governance?

Groups

We are using an experimental Astro DAO, inviting participants to join our inclusive Community Group. Also, representatives of any guilds may consider participating as a Council member to help with deciding our prizes and winners.

Each group has the same voting policy (for now): majority rule, so new group members increase the number of votes required for that group to approve any proposal.

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 11.27.06 PM

Having removed all NF employees besides myself, I emphasize a need to understand legal risks and mitigate any problems. Currently, I’m serving the role of “metacouncil” as the only member of this EngiNEARs group. This account can approve any proposal with a single vote, and this arrangement facilitates onboarding. However, Community DAO could easily change its membership and other configurations with metagovernance…

Audaomation would be useful in this regard ~ as a bounty for this hackathon, let’s build an automated proposal review and completion process using CronCat based on DAO configuration. We could even fund research into ways to unlock the potential of Astro by introducing unique capabilities with general purpose DAO services.

Keep in mind, these particular DAO membership structures and role-based voting policies are flexible. That means we can experiment with many different approaches to learn what works.

Participatory Action Research

Open discussion about governance:

REMEMBER

Any funding by NEAR Foundation above 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs) equivalent needs to be subject to full invoicing & KYC requirements. Therefore, I think we should keep individual prize amounts below ~50 NEAR.

Bounty proposals on Astro enable multiple claims per prize, so we might do simple task-based incentives, rather than just having a few prizes available for guild projects and contributors.

Let’s Guild!

When daos it happen?

Now is always time :sparkles: #GUIDL

Stay tuned for updates on events planned for the NEAR Lounge:

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday ~ February 15-17

Please don’t hesitate to reply with any ideas or questions!

Your feedback is much appreciated :pray:

23 Likes

Stoked about this!! :heart_eyes: Thanks @jlwaugh for organising this!!! :star_struck:

7 Likes

Woo hoo !!! You can count with Near Venezuela !!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And I will be encouraging other Guilds I am part of right now :rocket:

It is really simple, propose to join DAO done:

I will keep learning about the process and sharing feedback.

As a true DAO lover, who believes DAOs will change everything on the decision making process we have on our societies - from the bones -, I am 100% greatfull with all your work :1st_place_medal:

8 Likes

Yes! That’s a ways! :muscle:t5:

This is really awesome and something to put in lots of energy.

Getting guys who share same spirit to hit the target here…

1 Like

This is so amazing!!

1. As a Community DAO council I onboarded ~ 20 new active community members (Russian guild, Near Crowd guild , GOA guild).
    Some guys got onboarding fee reimbursement from me , 0.1 N.

2. With people from Russian guild and my friends from Near Crowd, where we work together, describe pictures, building AI (I’m currently work for Near Crowd and volunteering at Marketing DAO, Near Discord Russian thread) found a project from one of our active member who has been created a Crowd bot. All together we made decision nominate him for rewards from Community DAO.

3. We prepared a proposal, created two articles on on-chain Near wiki

and uploaded the proposal on Astro DAO

1. 36 members (32%) supported it - the best involvement in the Astro DAO’s history.

Proposal from community and for community . Great example how must it work in Democratic Community Driven DAO’s where leadership don’t chase put community money in own pocket.

I believe the DAO should be a place of voting for all pivotal changes, community guidelines or new DAO’s structures and procedures.

We don’t need to strive “quantity” of members. Instead of it, should be focused on onboarding active community members who are willing to participate in Near Community life.

I hope NF agree with it and will not consider Community DAO as another one experiment. @Grace @chronear (May be interesting for you too).

Thanks and have a great time in Denver.

7 Likes

@whoiscavenaghi @brunoqual @tesfon

4 Likes

45 :blush::blush::blush: , 40%

2 Likes

Dear @jlwaugh @Grace could you please approve all bounties and transfers on Community DAO? Thanks

Accounts below

mersongs.near

tedted195.near

thekingdomwar.near

trojanhorse15.near

christpham.near

duyhoa.near

diegoo.near

hangvu02.near

titione2.near

were created by wallet eraquynhtran.near

https://explorer.mainnet.near.org/accounts/eraquynhtran.near

azcoininvest.near

By

bbennett.near

https://explorer.mainnet.near.org/accounts/bbennett.near

mimimamo.near

by artur2.near

https://explorer.mainnet.near.org/accounts/mimimamo.near

3 Likes

Mmm

This could be a good work of onboarding from eraquynhtran.near, bbennett.near and artur2.near.

But I will follow your lead and I will vote them (from your list only) Approved if everything is right, or Comment + Rejected if the contribution needs to be improved:

Rejected

Astro

Astro

Astro

Astro

Astro

2 Likes

I will save my vote until we agree on how to judge these proposals. Clearly agree that 1 wallet should present 1 person, just need a way to verify is it really an onboarding work!?

1 Like

Good evening. I proposed briefly introduce yourself for each person who requests bounty or transfer from community DAO.

I’m Near Community member since October 2020 :blush: , detailed information about me here , weekly reports here , my wallet whendacha.near , Near social handle whendacha@near.social , and @kmotiv on telegram.

@max_p what about you? 46 community members said Yes to your proposal.

2 Likes

hello, i am Near Community member from May 2021, my tg @max_ppp, my wallet max_p.near
thanks for all community members who support this proposal

3 Likes