Week 5 at the GWG: Laying the Groundwork for NDC's Transparent and Inclusive Governance

In week 5, I focused my energy on developing critical operational strategies, processes, and role definitions. These are pivotal steps toward fostering a dynamic, efficient, and transparent system within the NDC.

Establishing Core Processes: The Backbone of NDC’s Governance

For a solid foundation in NDC’s core governing bodies and the GWG, I have designed and am collecting feedback on three crucial processes:

1. Proposal Application, Review, Vote, and Veto Process

The governance and decision-making framework for the House of Merit (HoM) and the Council of Advisors (CoA) consists of a series of clearly defined processes designed to ensure fair and effective allocation of resources from the treasury into the ecosystem. This document outlines these crucial processes, namely:

1. Proposal Drafting Process (House of Merit): This is the first step of the governance process where members of the House of Merit (HoM) create and submit proposals for the allocation of resources to identified needs or opportunities within the ecosystem.
  2. Proposal Review Process (House of Merit): After a proposal is submitted, it is then reviewed by the members of the HoM. This review involves an assessment of the proposal’s alignment with the 6-month plan and overall Congress strategy, as well as a detailed evaluation of its potential impact on the ecosystem and return on investment.
  3. Proposal Vote Process (House of Merit): Post review, a voting session is initiated where all members of the HoM cast their votes. If a proposal receives the majority of votes, it is passed and forwarded to the Council of Advisors for further scrutiny.
  4. Veto Process (Council of Advisors): The final step in the decision-making process involves the Council of Advisors. The CoA reviews the passed proposal, evaluates its potential risks and impact on the ecosystem. If deemed unsuitable or excessively risky, a council member may initiate a veto motion, which, if passed through two rounds of voting, can halt the proposal and its associated funding.

Access the full process here.

2. Transparency Commission’s Investigation Process

In the interest of maintaining transparency and trust in the public sphere, the role of a Transparency Commission is indispensable. As a regulatory body, the Transparency Commission is committed to ensuring that ethical standards, rules, and regulations are upheld by conducting thorough investigations whenever there are allegations of misconduct or other potential issues.

The investigation process is a systematic, step-by-step approach designed to ensure fairness, impartiality, and thoroughness. It ranges from the initial complaint submission to the final follow-up actions, incorporating stages like evidence collection, analysis, report drafting, and distribution.

In this document, we provide a comprehensive breakdown of each step in the Transparency Commission’s investigation process. This will serve as a guide for individuals and organizations who need to understand how these investigations operate, thereby promoting increased understanding, cooperation, and transparency.

3. Business Requisition Process

For consistent and goal-aligned resource requisitions, this process outlines the standardized review and approval process.

Remember, these documents are not static but ‘living’ tools that will adapt and evolve, reflecting road testing outcomes and incorporating community feedback.

Role Definitions: Scaling for Success

In anticipation of our expanding operations for Q3, we worked closely with members from the GWG to define job descriptions for various technical and non-technical roles. These roles were carefully designed to accommodate the increasing complexity of our operations and the expected growth in our community.

Technical Roles

Role Description
Senior Full Stack Engineer This role is central to our tech stack’s continuous development. The Senior Full Stack Engineer will work to enhance functionality and optimize user experience across all layers of our technological architecture.
Technical Project Manager Responsible for managing various governance-related projects from a technical standpoint. The Technical Project Manager will oversee timelines, tasks, and team collaboration, ensuring each product’s successful and timely completion.
DevOps A crucial role to maintain our infrastructure’s optimal performance and security. They will focus on system operations, network security, and continuous deployment strategies.
UX Designer This role focuses on enhancing our governance product’s user experience. The UX Designer will work towards making our platform more intuitive, responsive, and enjoyable for our community members.

Non-Technical Roles

Role Description
Pollster The Pollster will conduct community polls, analyze results, and present insights that will influence our strategy and decision-making process.
CMO/Marketing Director This role will oversee all marketing efforts, implementing strategies to enhance our visibility, engagement, and growth.
Financial Controller The Financial Controller will manage all financial aspects, including budgeting, auditing, and financial planning, ensuring the optimal allocation of our resources.
Chief of Staff This role will play a pivotal part in coordinating and managing our operations. They will work closely with leaders across nodes to facilitate decision-making processes.
Community Manager Responsible for fostering community engagement. The Community Manager will ensure that information is effectively disseminated, community queries are promptly addressed, and a vibrant, supportive atmosphere is nurtured.
Recruiter The Recruiter will aid in expanding our team, identifying and attracting the right talents for the right roles, aligning with our mission and values.
Web3 Compensation and Benefits Administrator This role will manage the compensation and benefits of our community, ensuring fair, transparent, and timely rewards.

A comprehensive breakdown of each role can be found on the Roles page on Notion.

Strategic Planning for Q3: Building a Brighter Future

My endeavors this week weren’t solely confined to process creation and role definition. I’ve been actively engaged in numerous strategy meetings to define our core objectives for Q3. By aligning our efforts to these objectives, we aim to propel the NDC towards greater success and inclusive growth.

Focus Areas Goals
Election Turnout We aim to encourage increased participation in our elections, ensuring a more representative and diverse governance.
Election Education We strive to make sure community members and prospective candidates are well-informed about the election process, its importance, and implications.
Tech Delivery Our goal is to deliver robust tech solutions that enhance our governance and provide a seamless experience for our community members.
Core Processes We’re dedicated to refining our core processes within the core governing bodies, ensuring they are efficient, transparent, and adaptable.
Draft Bills (Work Groups) We plan to prepare draft bills that encompass Charters, Budgets, and Processes for workgroups. These drafts will help future House of Merit Members champion their causes effectively.
Community Activation We are focused on activating our community inside and outside of governance, encouraging members to engage, contribute, and shape our collective future.
Handoff Strategy We aim to ensure smooth transitions within the governance bodies, eliminating any operational disruption and maintaining continuity in our efforts.

We are currently finalizing the OKRs, individual KPIs, and the Q3 budget, which will be released for community review soon.

Stay tuned for more updates, and let’s shape the NDC’s future together.

7 Likes

Nice work @Illuminfti .
I would like to apply in this workflow governance.

1 Like

thank you for the kind words, we are still in the process of making most of the roles go live, but if you let me know the one you are interested in, I can reach back out to you when they are live!

1 Like

Thanks for the hard work.

I’m working with branding and I can be conscious to spread our value in web2 and Web3.
We can create a metaverse for NDC.

I would like to apply:
CMO/Marketing Director

Please check my bio and pastwork in fra-dao tag.

Great work @Illuminfti

1 Like