[Report] Progress of NEAR Peer App and Other Contributions (Feb 1 -> Feb 28, 2022)

Project title: NEAR Peer

One-liner: Development of a platform that serves as a place to get reviews on NEAR University Certification Courses related demo projects and personal projects build with NEAR.

Project Summary: NEAR Peer is a platform for sharing demo projects or personal projects build with NEAR to get feedback from the community. This feedback can be related towards the improvement of the project or to gather user reviews. The main goal is for community members to get recognition and eliminate the feeling of loneliness while developing projects.

Series: Onboarding NEAR Certified Developer bootcamp participants to Developers in Residence program

Project member: Esin Adsoy

Period:

Feb 1 → Feb 28, 2022

The following list are the results obtained:

• February was to set goals for this project and defining what features to incorporate.
    Please check presentation: NEAR Peer

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 09.58.48

• The code with the progress of the project would be uploaded to the following link: GitHub - Esin Adsoy

Other:

• Worked on expiration date feature of NEAR Certification Tools retrieving relevant data using postgresql queries from NEAR Indexer, calculating the most accurate method to have a dynamic way of specifying the expiration date of certificate. This feature is still work in progress.

• Participated in NCD sessions to provide support with answering questions from NCD students.

7 Likes

It can be a good guide for software developers who want to get NCD and young software developers who want to learn Wasm language.

1 Like

There is a similar document for the NCE course. Ideas made in the NCE course are broadcast on the airtable. I benefited a lot from this airtable in the NCE course.

1 Like

Actually, it can be really useful for new developers like me. It is especially difficult in the internet mess to receive useful feedback on projects. :clap:

2 Likes

This is awesome Esin! I would love to use such app to share my projects and also get feedback and reviews.

I believe it might even speed up the certification process.

Would there be a link to view the github repository of projects, or user’s can see the deployed project on testnet?

1 Like

Great to hear you benefitted from that document. This could definitely be another category I’ll consider adding. Thank you!

Thanks all for the feedback!

Hey, I need your help as we were trying to run NEAR indexer and fetch some data. We are able to run the Indexer but the data is not appearing on postgresql. Can we connect on discord or telegram?

Great project! It’s a bit amusing to think that the most effective “decentralized” application projects are the ones that push developers and users together.