[REPORT] ETH Milan <> CDAO

Update:
On the 7th of December, @reespect sent 315 $NEAR - (07.12.23 | 1 NEAR = $2.25 / $712).
The table has been updated.

6 Likes

Hi folks, GN/GM.
Itā€™s very unfortunate to have to write this here, but Iā€™m personally having a situation with Carolina Cavenaghi @whoiscavenaghi and also INA DAO (we paid her 525 USDC in advance - because she asked to fix her computer - in August, but the video and presentation for the werenā€™t delivered yet, until today Dec 13th). I mention this here to show is a recurrent issue.

I sent her several DMs on Telegram and Instagram trying to adress the situation, always being polite and since she has restricted me from commenting on IG, all I have left is going public, as some people advised me. Iā€™ve been very patient, as the whole INA DAO council, but someday the excuses have to cease.

Carolina owes me 38 EURO for paying her taxi when she arrived at the hotel where we were on Milan, for ETH MIlan 2023. @Paul was present at the moment and I have proof of the payment. I payed for it, because the taxi driver was very stressed and had to go.

All the things Iā€™m saying have prints, links and can be proved if/when necessary.
I hope things can be solved soon and in the best way possible.

My best regards,
Klara Kopi.

5 Likes

Hi Klara, I am having issues as you know with my wise. My EURO was stuck and i donā€™t have any income of any payment, since then.

I will receive something this next week and I will send to you. About the videos to INA, @duOCELOT and I where recording the workshop, but he lost the recording and I have mine. But I need to edit this to make it fit a good video archive.

Thank you for the support.

Carolina

Hi Carolina @whoiscavenaghi ,
unfortunately I had to come in public, if you werenā€™t ignoring my DMs and restricted me from commenting, I would believe it werenā€™t ill intended.
I asked to be paid in BRL since Iā€™m not in Europe anymore. I was nothing but patient, friendly and comprehensive with your personal issues.

About the video, the workshop itself was mostly conversations without slides, we said it wasnā€™t good to be posted as a Youtube video, so we asked you to record something structured with a presentation and you agreed. I even shared an app to record it because you said your webcam had problems. In 4 months you could record it from scratch several times.

Weā€™re waiting for the video and the presentation or part of the money back to the DAOā€™s treasury.

Thank you.

Thank you for this report.

We all have our personal problems. It might be wise not to involve others in them, especially when it involves money. INA was very kind and considerate when you ask for your funding ahead of time, trusting that you were being sincere. 6 months really is a long time to keep people hanging. Unfortunately, this will definitely affect others who ask for favours in the future.
As for the money you owe Klara personally, that is not a small sum to a lot of people. I hope as a start, you pay her back immediately.

1 Like

Some reflections while itā€™s relevantā€¦

I never felt flying that many people over from around the world was a good idea - namely, the environmental footprint and economic excess. Iā€™m sure this is why there has been criticism from other quarters. But, I believe in the process, as well as the criticality of learning and adapting, making improvements, and setting up an unshakeable foundation. Whatā€™s done is done, the past is the past - one can only learn from it.

Spending over $52,000 for 82 walletsā€¦ yet there were a lot of other strong and vibrant outcomes, as the report noted. I think this is where the latter is more important. Any group can sign up fake wallets, or one-time/never-again wallet exercises, to meet the KPIā€¦ but whatā€™s the point of this? I respect that this reportā€™s wallet admission was authentic and not falsely overinflated.

I hope the entire CDAO and NEAR communities can work together towards onboarding a particular Quality of users, and fester quality, organic, regular retention. Not just obscure NFT air drops of useless art to one-time/never-use-again wallets. All of this begins with visibility and gaining trust, before people feel comfortable to foray into new territory - as well as keep coming back. Particularly in the quagmire of emerging tech, where most people struggle with these concepts.

Let that be the challenge of 2024 for NEAR: An ingenious, intuitive onboarding, that keeps people naturally engaged for the remainder of their Internet tenures. My growing sentiment is this will be a bridge of Web 2>3, lowering the pipe dream that one day everything will be ā€œweb 3ā€. And, yes, we are already architecting dev to accomplish this, ideally in the early part of next year. All of this is inspired and fueled by our observations of CreativesDAO and learnings from our own projects through the programme.

In the meantimeā€¦ keep building quality and vibrant communities. Itā€™s a long game.

2 Likes

UPDATE:

Since I came publicly to discuss this situation as it gets solved Iā€™ll update it, for transparencyā€™s sake.

• @whoiscavenaghi paid what she owed me personally today. I appreciate it.
  • Now the only pendency is to send the deliverables to INA DAO or part of the money back to INA DAOā€™s treasury.

Best regards,
Klara Kopi.

5 Likes

Sea, thatā€™s a very interesting insight. Have you seen NFTs being used by creative DAOs on other platforms in a long-term manner? Any ideas?

2 Likes

Hey! Happy New Year. Good question. No, other than the mainstream Sandbox / Decentraland use cases, I havenā€™t yet seen anything from other DAOs / platforms, and certainly there is no data on ā€œlong termā€. Itā€™d be a useful research assignment.

The main thing is that NFTs are still relatively new, so thereā€™s no ā€œlong termā€ yet. It seems hard to convince people to hold something virtual in wallets many forget access codes to, to access virtual spaces that donā€™t offer too much, and stick around too long, particularly when there are not yet any killer apps. Nobody knows for sure what platforms might exist and thrive a few years from now.

We are definitely exploring our own methods to solve this, that we hope to at least prototype the first half of this year. Let me know if you (or anybody else) has a more detailed answer to this question!

4 Likes

Glad to hear !
Keep us updated please

4 Likes

Update:
On the 5th of February, @larkim sent $842 USDT and $1 USDT. The table has been updated.
@larkim and his DAO no longer have any dues or debts with the CDAO.

9 Likes