Project title: Burrito Battle
One-liner: Development of an NFT card battle game “Burrito battle”.
Burrito battle uses NFT features for creating an NFT game based on card battle games.
Series: Onboarding NEAR Certified Developer bootcamp participants to Developers in Residence program
Jan 3→ 7, 2022 (Mexico)
The following list are the results obtained for the team:
- Finished the Cross Call Contract implementation to calls between the burritos contract and accessories contract
- Update of readme to explain how to run a battle in #burrito-battle
- Test for creating rooms for starting a battle and re-design of battle mechanism.
What do you think would be a better NFT game? Facing some challenges at this point
Blockchain runs over asynchronous events for their users, this mean that for having interaction in a smart contract you don’t have to wait to other user to interact with the blockchain.
The problem here is, when we thinked in doing a battle of Player-vs-Player in real time we didn’t consider that both of this players have to confirm and once that one defined what Burritos he will be using it will be written in blockchain and public to the other player.
Right now we are defining how can we do this without being an advantage the exposure of the public information written in blockchain.
Some ideas are:
- Pick random burritos from other players to battle, this will not affect other players statistics.
- Generate a random burrito in each battle (Battle vs CPU)
Community, any idea is welcome!
The code with the progress of the project would be uploaded to the following link: GitHub - cloudmex/burrito-battle
To know about how the team is organizing and developing this project we prepare a channel in the NEAR Hispano discord server called #burrito-battle, inside the channel the team records videos about daily updates. Link to NEAR Hispano discord NEAR Hispano