[Proposal] The Covid 19ncharity initiatives in Vietnam

The Covid 19 situation in Vietnam is really complicated at the moment. There are many new cases every days. Most of the cities are locked down. Thus, I propose that we have a fund $20K to donate for the Covid Vaccine of Vietnam Government.

Moreover, I’ve been contacting with some traditional newspapers to have the PR for our activities. By doing this, we also can attract more non-blockchain investors and community to our project. I’ve not had the final budget yet, I’m planing to have about 3 newspaper writing about us, so the estimate budget is $5k.

For the marketing, we’ll have PR with below content to promote for NEAR and our Charity activities. Below is the main content:

-Introduce about NEAR Protocol
-The Covid 19 situation in Vietnam is really bad now, in order to thanks the strong support of Vietnam community. NEAR has sent a Charity fund (xxx) to GFS Ventures – a strategic partner of NEAR in Vietnam market to delivery our Charity fund to Vietnamese Government Vaccine Fund|
-Talk about the potential of Blockchain. Then introduce ppl about the NDC - https://learnnear.club/.

• Introduce about the plan to work with Vietnamese Technologies university to teach student about Blockchain technology which will be organised by GFS
    @amosbestcookie
3 Likes

I hope the situation get’s better in Vietnam and our community there is safe. Not sure if you’ve seen this fundraiser put together by @gyan0890 on behalf the India community: [proposal] NEAR India Guild for covid-19

Gyan can give some insights on what had worked for us, but I would guess that the first step would be setting up a DAO. This ensures transparency and makes it easy for others to contribute to it. @chloe can help with mobilizing our creative community to help with a royalty split if they’d like to contribute. @blaze has also been kind enough to help us for India covid relief by getting together the OSA community and could perhaps help in some way with this one. @jlwaugh is also working on charity DAO, so might be open to helping you set something up.

4 Likes

It would be great if there was a DAO set up that was charged with focusing on issues such as these; funded to do so as well.

This DAO could also be charged with supporting projects with getting DAOs (and other on-chain primitives) set up.

1 Like

Hi @Riley, hope the situation in Vietnam becomes better. My prayers with the people of your country. I had set up a DAO for Covid-19 related donations for the situation in India.
I am happy to help you in any way possible.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree. Would be helpful to have a DAO that can help setup other DAOs. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Hi @gyan0890 , Tks so much for helping me in this, Could you instruct me more in the telegram? Many tks for your help

Hi @gyan0890 , sr I can’t find our history chat on telegram before. Really appreciated if you could dm me at @RileyTran

1 Like

Hello Riley, my Telegram id is gyanlakshmi.
Please connect with me on Telegram :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Riley , I’ve requested 10k NEAR on behalf of this campaign to the community squad dao: SputnikDAO

It should come through when the council votes. If you get a chance after the funds come through, when the needs are met and everything is sorted out, would be nice to see a recap blog post from the Vietnamese community on how the funds were used and hopefully whatever impact we’ve been able to create as a community.

Thanks again for taking the lead on this!

2 Likes

Many tks for your support Shreyas. For sure for the blog post. :slight_smile: