[Rejected] Proposal for NFTs Creation and Onboarding Campaign For February 2024

Company Name: Omega Digi-World DAO

Project Information

Omega Digi-World DAO is a centre for digital arts with focus on creation of NFTs and conversion of existing arts to NFTs.
This proposal aims at starting a campaign to create new NFTs and convert existing arts to NFTs. The goal is to use this medium to onboard new users who are previously not in the ecosystem to create new NFTs and teach them how to operate on Near BOS.

Social Media:
Telegram
Instagram
Near Social
Website
Twitter
Mintbase

Achievements:
Total number of items on Mintbase: 420, 9 owners
Twitter: 151 followers
Instagram: 3147 followers
Near Social: 53 followers

Future Plans: Development of our first community dApp named Near-Brary.

Team Members:

@bigm007 - council member
He has been around since December, 2021 and served in different capacities across these years by contributing in minting of NFTs in several DAOs such as BeatDAO, ReggaeDAO, jazz DAO, Near Writer’s Guild, NXM before creating Omega Digi-World DAO with the sole aim of creating NFTs, onboarding, sourcing for creative delopers and facilitating utilisation of Near dApps.

@OfficerLehLeh_01 - he has been in the near ecosystem since 2022 and he serves as a council member where he helps moderate the telegram community and welcomes new members navigate the ecosystem. He is affiliated to other DAOs such as Reggaedao and used to be a council at Burlesque DAO.

@shozy - he also serves as a council member and he is in charge of real life collaborations with external parties and other interested stakeholders. He has been in the ecosystem for more than a year but never held a council membership post until now.

@tobyparadise01 - he is a council member and manages the social media. He has been in the ecosystem for more than 2 years and since joining has participated in several bounties from Near Writer’s Guild, BeatDAO, ReggaeDAO SpiritYut DAO, Blaq Stereo DAO etc

@scarmanbaba - he also is a member of the ecosystem having joined more than 2 years ago and has since participated in several bounties and minted several NFTs with several DAOs such as Reggaedao, NXM, Near Writer’s Guild and Omega Digi-World DAO.

Previous Funding: Twice through CDAO in August -September 2023 and December - January 2024.

Funding request:
KPIs

100 new original NFTs
80 new near wallets
80 new near social accounts
50%-70% retention rate.

Milestones:
Feb 2-13: First Bounty for creation of new NFTs - $1000
This involves a call to the creative community irl where web2 creators are migrated and onboarded to web3 and integrated to on chain communities. The cost here includes prize for outstanding creators of new NFTs and facilitation of new NFTs creation
Target Result: 50 new original NFTs
40 new near wallets
40 new social accounts

February 15-25: Second Bounty for creation of new NFTs -$1000. This is similar to the first bounty but in a different higher institution.
Target Result: 50 new original NFTs
40 new near wallets
40 new social accounts

NB: Both bounties would be organised irl as the DAO would be partnering with Positive Music Studios where artistes would be creating NFTs and getting onboarded. The art creation fee would be subsidized to facilitate creation of new NFTs and onboarding of web2 artistes to web3.

Categories of creators targetted:
Music artistes
Graphic designers, Artists and painters
Writers

Media partners:
Splash FM IBADAN
Fresh FM IBADAN
Positive Music Studios

Total budget:
First and second bounties: $2000
Social Media awareness and graphics: $200
Logistics: $80

Total: $2280

Wallet: omegadigi-worlddao.sputnik-dao.near

Tagging @Aescobar For visibility.

6 Likes

This is nice… Happy to be part of this

2 Likes

Hi, after reviewed the proposal.

Personally, I didn’t see a ‘special’ value in the correlation between how much we need to spend and what we get in return. Additionally, the statistics provided aren’t appealing, especially regarding the current ‘collection’—I’m unclear about what this collection entails, given that it involves 9 owners and 420 items.

At the same, I am happy to communicate with CDAO as the previous DAO who provided grant, to understand the perspective on the proposal.

Regards
Aescobar

3 Likes

Thank you for your response.

Omega Digi-World DAO is an NFT creating DAO focused on Music, Books and Games. We only started operations last year April and received funding twice.

What you see in our collection is owners have minted for themselves and for other people.

Also, are there any special NFTs are you might be interested in if you’re not interested in music and books related contents?

Also, could you explain more on this for more clarification? Thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response, I didn’t say there is no chance for music, book, games and etc.

The only question is what value we can see in the future if we need to spend 2280$ in total with 80 new wallet and also the 40-60 will be convert to a loyal users.

Customer acquisition cost will be $28.5 per person.

Also tracking back to CDAO, I didn’t see any report regarding the grant that you received on November.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the feedback.

Here’s the First Funding Report and the last approved proposal’s report would be ready at the end of this month because the proposal was for 2 months.

Thank you for this analysis. Customer acquisition cost is actually $20.00 per person because the total bounty prize is $2000 and when divided by 100 gives $20.

The $20 is actually going towards production of NFTs as explained in the proposal which covers actual production costs for cheap NFTs or subsidized production costs for NFTs not cheap to produce.

The DAO is in partnership with other media firms where NFTs can be produced at subsidized rates.

Creation of NFTs is the focus but for web2 users, they’ll require wallets, near social accounts and be integrated to the Near online community hence, 100 new NFTs, 80near wallets, 80 near social accounts.

Kindly let me know if this proposal could be amended in anyway.

Thank you.

1 Like

I am happy to see other core contributors opinion, it’s from my side.

The project that being run since April with current statistic is not promising from my side.

20$ CAC is actually not cheap, we need to measure the potential of retention the users can give in return

1 Like

Thank you for sharing the proposal with us. I appreciate the effort put into it and your enthusiasm to grow ecosystem. However, we focus on initiatives that align more closely with our strategic goals. While the proposal emphasizes onboarding and minting NFTs, it lacks a comprehensive retention plan and sustainable traction. As such, I regret to inform you that I am unable to support funding this particular proposal.

I would encourage you to continue contributing to the NFT ecosystem, and I look forward to reviewing future proposals that address a broader spectrum of our priorities.

If you have any further questions or need clarification, feel free to reach out. :blush:

I agree with this as well