[Closed] onboarding event in port harcourt nigeria

Greetings to the marketing DAO council and Nearians

It has been an inspiring journey so far around the ecosystem, and indeed it has been an opportunity to learn and earn, but now it’s time to contribute.

Who are we: @Sammy9ce and @Dabbie3229

Wallet: girlsworld007.near

Here is a proposal for an on boarding event in Port Harcourt Rivers State of Nigeria.

Who are our target audience? Young crypto enthusiasts in Port Harcourt City.

Aside Lagos State of Nigeria, Port Harcourt has shown to be another city in Nigeria filled with talented and vibrant crypto enthusiasts who are already into other blockchains as technical analyst, traders and blockchain devs. We are hosting this event in view of teaching and onboarding these crypto enthusiast into Near Protocol ecosystem which will serve as gain to our ecosystem. We intend to host this event as an evangelism of near protocol to the entire city of Port Harcourt, to enlighten them on web3, decentralization and Near Protocol as a community and guide them through the paths of accepting and being not only members, but creative and active members of the Near Protocol Ecosystem.

Here’s our budget

In our view to make this event an august one, we’re expecting over 200 attendees.

Renting of hall of 400 capacity, $250

Creating of flyers, posters and banners $300

Photography and video coverage $300

Near merchandise $400

Lodging and feeding for hosters $200

DJ and MC $100

Refreshment for the day $300.

Transportation for the entire event $100

A total request of $1950

N/B: We will be creating enough, flyers, posters and banners to be able to get to every end of Port Harcourt City.

We intend to cover this event, using professional cinematographers, for an undying memory of this event.

For Near Merch, we intend to create a 4 men committee that will help in organizing the event, therefore we will create T-shirts, and caps merch for the committee, then hoodies for the hoster’s of the event. We will have Extra t-shirt merch for the best and outstanding persons in our quiz Session, and we hope to create other merch which includes cups and other wearables.

For refreshment, it’s going to be a light one, each attendee is entitled to a bottle of coca-cola and meat pie from market square.

After the success of the outreach and evangelism, we intend to create an outreach guild where our work will include spreading the good news of near Protocol to the entire Nigeria and create a medium where we’ll host daily teaching and lecturing of newly onboarded Nearians on Defi and everything they need to know in the ecosystem.

This idea has been cooking since a year ago and we are delighted to make it happen, hoping to get some questions regarding this. Thanks for your support so far.

We’ll be ready to answer any questions for further clarification. @Dacha @so608 @cryptocredit @Klint @satojandro

11 Likes

Great idea! No one Knows anything about NEARPROTOCOL in the City of Port Harcourt so I think this would be a great idea.

Waiting to see this :handshake:

4 Likes

This looks good.
Do you intend to have this event in the form of a festival? What picture do you envisage?

2 Likes

Awesome plan :+1:, let’s hope this go through.

3 Likes

Not far from that mate, we intend to make it a near protocol crypto feast, thereby creating a strong awareness in this part of Nigeria. That even passers-by would want to know what is going on, and even get interested.

2 Likes

Nice!
I see this as a medium of educating port harcourt youths more about decentralization and blockchain technology.
Near as a point of contact, let’s make Near known the the city of port harcourt :partying_face::star_struck:

2 Likes

@Sammy9ce quick question for clarity and transparency. Expected attendance 200 hall capacity 400? Or what’s the 400 for?

what’s product are you planning on selling on this event? $Near related ?
For well understanding of your idea :bulb:.
And hope @marketingdao-council considers it

2 Likes

Hello

Share please your previous experience.
Also, it would be great to see the report for this proposal [Approved] onboarding university students

About the event: DJ, video, photography, food and drinks, etc looks like a party.

Also, the budget is much over than Onboarding-dao supports.
Also, onboarding-dao already supported some events in Nigeria. I think it will be fair to support events in other countries for more decentralization.

2 Likes

Thanks for your comment fam.
The earlier project is still on the process of accomplishment as stated in the forum but due to some circumstances there’s delay. Kindly go through this below fam.

We tagged onboarding DAO for them to be aware of everything on going, knowing fully that the is above what the onboarding DAO offers, and I think that’s why my colleague @Sammy9ce and I directed the post to the marketing DAO. Thanks for your contribution fam. Hope this clears your doubt. @mr_free

2 Likes

The number of attendees is estimated to be over 200 and the hall we are expected to use is a 400 capacity hall. Is better we plan ahead of time for necessity purpose rather than making preparation for smaller hall and then it becomes over populated

what’s product are you planning on selling on this event? $Near related ?
Every attendee will go back with Near merch,
T-shirts for 4-men committee that will help in organizing the event
2 hoodie for the hosters
T-shirts to the 10 best performers during our quiz session
Cups,handfan etc to every attendee. So they can go out and say these is what I got from attending the near outreach in Port Harcourt city.

4 Likes

Such a great idea , hoping to see this become successful

1 Like

Great initiative pal!
Hope to see this approved sooner, so to start working ahead of time

1 Like

Appreciated mate. Nice having you here @Psalmy

1 Like

Yo @Karisma26 Why are you using my NFT in your profile pic LMAO :sweat_smile::joy:

2 Likes

Thank You for your proposal. Did you try to contact with Sankore 2.0 regional hub? Thanks

https://sankore2.com/

4 Likes

How do we contact them Sir, do we share our proposal with them? Are they going to be in charge of the funding? Thanks @Dacha

2 Likes

Thank you !

4 Likes

Hi @Dacha can you please review my proposal, been tagging you and marketing DAO but no response, don’t know why

1 Like

Thanks for your proposal,

Few questions:

• what is your current involvement with NEAR to date?
  • have you organised any events to date?
  • what is the current presence for NEAR in that city?
  • how will you reach the desired audience as invite them to event?

I believe that IRL event organisers should be nimble - start with smaller meetups and start nurturing the local community. $2000 per event is not sustainable and there is no track record to support it

3 Likes