[Closed] Onboarding Developer Event (Ghana is BOS, Accra Edition)

Dear Community,

This Proposal was submitted on November to marketing DAO. However, due to the transition from NDC v0-v1 there was a delay on the decision and execution. The team deem it fit to submit again for December round.

I hope this message finds you well. I’m reaching out to share exciting news from our NEAR Protocol community. The proposal for the “Kano is BOS” event has been approved recently, and it turned out to be a remarkable success. We are thrilled about the positive impact it has had in Nigeria.

As we celebrate this milestone, I am inspired by the potential to replicate this success in other regions, particularly in the dynamic tech landscape and vibrant developer community in Ghana.

Having witnessed the successful execution of this transformative event, I am excited about its potential impact on nearby tech ecosystems. Given the similarities and shared aspirations between our communities, it feels appropriate to extend this opportunity to Accra, Ghana.

Proposal: “Accra, Ghana is BOS”

Following the approval and execution of the “Kano is BOS” event, we propose the organization of a similar gathering in Accra, Ghana, under the banner of “Accra is BOS.” This extension aims to replicate the hackathon that happen in Nigeria, fostering a vibrant developer community and showcasing the capabilities of NEAR Protocol to the Ghana developer community.

The enthusiasm and collaboration seen in Nigeria can be mirrored in Ghana, contributing to NEAR’s overarching mission of onboarding users to the infinite possibilities of Web3 through the Blockchain Operating System (BOS).

NEAR’s Mission:

NEAR is on a mission to onboard a billion users to the infinite possibilities of Web3 with the Blockchain Operating System (BOS). Leveraging its high-performance, carbon-neutral protocol, which is fast, secure, and scalable, NEAR provides a common layer for browsing and discovering the Open Web.

Executive Summary:

We are excited to present a funding proposal for an event aimed at onboarding developers to build on the NEAR Protocol blockchain Operating System (BOS) in Accra, Ghana. This event will play a pivotal role in fostering a vibrant developer community while showcasing the capabilities and potential of NEAR Protocol.

Event Details:

• Event Name: Accra is BOS
  • Date: January 21-23, 2023 (Dev Workshop begins on January 19)
  • Venue: To be decided
  • Expected Attendees: 500 Attendees, including developers, tech enthusiasts, and blockchain experts

Objectives:

Our primary objectives for this event are as follows:

1. Educate: Provide developers with in-depth knowledge of NEAR Protocol BOS, its features, and its benefits for building decentralized applications.
  2. Collaborate: Create an environment for developers to network, collaborate, and exchange ideas, fostering a sense of community.
  3. Empower: Equip attendees with the skills needed to start developing on BOS, contributing to the growth of the NEAR ecosystem.
  4. Showcase: Demonstrate successful projects and applications built on BOS, inspiring attendees to explore its potential.
  5. Retain users on NEAR: Introduce them to communities and expose them to dApps on NEAR that are useful for their endeavors in tech and daily life.

How does this benefit NEAR:

The outlined benefits of this proposal/event include:

• Growing about 5-10 widgets/components on BOS
  • Increasing transactions on-chain by builders
  • Onboarding 500 community members through the use of keypom/neardrop or MIntbase wallet
  • Increasing on-chain transactions via certain on-chain activities like games, quizzes, etc.

Funding Request:

We are seeking $8,000 to cover various event expenses, ensuring the high quality and success of the event. This includes venue rental, materials, speakers’ fees, catering, marketing efforts, and bounties for hackers.

BREAK DOWN OF FUNDS:

• Event space: $1000
  • Publicity (banners/merch): $500
  • Speaker(s) fee: $600 ($200 for 3 persons)
  • Hackathon rewards for 5 builders:
    • First prize: $800
    • Second prize: $600
    • Third prize: $500
    • Fourth prize: $400
    • Fifth prize: $200
  • Other expenses:
    • Transportation for dev tutor and other team members: $500
    • Refreshment: $400
    • Sound, projector, and other logistics materials: $500
    • Branded swags (100 T-shirts, 100 notebooks/pen, 100 Branded stickers): $1000
    • Stipend for volunteers, main hosts: $1000

Introduction:

Blockchain technology has ushered in a new era of decentralized applications, offering unprecedented opportunities for innovation and collaboration. NEAR Protocol, a leading blockchain platform, stands at the forefront of this revolution, providing developers with a robust ecosystem to build scalable and secure decentralized applications.

In the heart of Accra, Ghana, a vibrant technology space with a burgeoning developer community, we are poised to host a transformative event that aims to introduce developers to the world of NEAR Protocol. This event is not just an opportunity to explore blockchain technology but also a catalyst for the growth of a dynamic developer community in the region.

NEAR Protocol, with its unique sharding and consensus mechanisms, offers a platform for developers to build efficient and user-friendly decentralized applications. As blockchain technology matures, the demand for skilled developers who can harness its potential grows exponentially. Our event seeks to bridge this gap by providing developers with the tools, knowledge, and resources they need to thrive in the blockchain space.

The Event’s Impact:

This event is not just a one-time gathering; it’s a seed for the growth of a thriving ecosystem. By introducing developers to NEAR Protocol, we are not only providing them with the opportunity to build innovative applications but also empowering them to be part of a global movement that redefines the way we interact with technology.

Event Details:

We are thrilled to provide a comprehensive overview of the NEAR Protocol Developer Onboarding Event, designed to equip developers with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in the world of blockchain and decentralized applications.

Event Overview:

• Agenda and Schedule:
    • Our carefully crafted agenda is designed to provide participants with a holistic understanding of NEAR Protocol and its applications.
    • The event will feature a mix of educational sessions, hands-on workshops, networking opportunities, and inspiring talks from industry experts.
    • Participants will have the chance to interact with NEAR Protocol’s technical team and learn from real-world use cases.

Key Event Activities:

1. Introduction to NEAR Protocol/BOS:

• A comprehensive overview of NEAR Protocol, including its architecture, consensus mechanism, and key features.
  2. Technical Workshops:

• Interactive workshops covering topics such as smart contract development, decentralized identity, and building scalable applications on NEAR BOS.
  3. Hackathon and Coding Challenges:

• A hands-on coding experience where participants can apply their knowledge to solve real-world challenges and compete for prizes.
  4. Industry Insights:

• Talks and panel discussions featuring renowned speakers from the blockchain and tech sectors, sharing insights on the future of decentralized applications and blockchain technology.
  5. Networking Opportunities:

• Structured networking sessions to facilitate meaningful connections

among participants, speakers, and NEAR.

Expected Attendees:

The event is open to developers of all skill levels, from beginners interested in exploring blockchain technology to experienced developers looking to expand their skill set. We anticipate 500 attendees, ensuring a diverse and engaged audience.

Venue:

Our proposed venue is a conducive space that provides ample room for workshops, presentations, networking, and collaborative activities. It is conveniently located, ensuring accessibility for all participants.

Participant Background:

The event is designed to accommodate a range of 500-1000 participants:

• Novice developers seeking to learn about blockchain and NEAR Protocol.
  • Intermediate developers eager to enhance their skills in decentralized application development.
  • Expert developers interested in exploring the unique opportunities offered by NEAR Protocol.

Objectives:

The NEAR Protocol Developer Onboarding Event has been strategically designed with the following objectives in mind:

1. Educate:

• Provide attendees with a comprehensive understanding of NEAR Protocol/BOS, its architecture, features, and potential applications.
    • Offer in-depth technical sessions and workshops to equip developers with the knowledge needed to confidently build on the NEAR platform.
  2. Collaborate:

• Foster a collaborative environment for developers to connect, share ideas, and form lasting relationships.
    • Cultivate a sense of community and encourage participants to work together on innovative projects through networking sessions, collaborative coding challenges, and interactive discussions.
  3. Empower:

• Offer hands-on workshops and hackathons to empower attendees to turn their ideas into reality.
    • Provide developers with the skills and confidence to start building decentralized applications on NEAR Protocol.
  4. Showcase:

• Inspire attendees to explore the full potential of the platform by showcasing successful projects and applications built on NEAR Protocol.
    • Spark creativity through real-world examples and encourage attendees to embark on their own blockchain journeys.
  5. Build a Developer Community:

• Establish a vibrant and active developer community centered around NEAR Protocol Ghana.
    • Create an ongoing platform for learning, collaboration, and innovation beyond the event itself.

Promotion and Outreach:

Ensuring the success of the NEAR Protocol Onboarding Event requires a robust promotion and outreach strategy:

1. Social Media Campaigns:

• Regular posts, updates, and engaging content across platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook.
  2. Collaborations and Partnerships:

• Partnering with local tech communities, organizations, and universities to amplify our reach.
  3. Email Marketing:

• Leveraging targeted email campaigns to reach developers, blockchain enthusiasts, and tech professionals in Accra and beyond.
  4. Online Advertisements:

• Investing in online ads on platforms such as Google Ads and social media to target audiences searching for blockchain-related events.
  5. Community Engagement:

• Engaging with local tech meetups, online forums, and developer communities to share information about the event.
  6. Event Website and Blog:

• Maintaining an informative event website with details on the agenda, speakers, workshops, and registration information.
  7. Media Coverage:

• Reaching out to technology and blockchain-focused media outlets for coverage and promotion.
  8. Early Bird Offers and Incentives:

• Offering early bird registration discounts and exclusive incentives for early registrants.
  9. Hashtags and Trending Topics:

• Creating event-specific hashtags and leveraging trending topics to increase visibility and engagement on social media platforms.

Organizers and Partners:

The NEAR Protocol Accra Developer Onboarding Event is organized by a dedicated team of individuals with extensive experience in the technology and blockchain sectors:

• George Pro, Team Lead:
    George Pro, Team lead: I’m really excited about the “Accra is BOS” proposal extension. I want to let you know that I have a lot of experience in this area and I’m confident that we can make this a successful event.

I am part of the team that organized ETHAccra. As community manager, I helped build and connect the Ethereum community in Accra.

I’ve also been a part of the NEAR Concierge team, assisting and guiding people through the NEAR Protocol. This has given me a good understanding of how to help people get started with blockchain platforms.

With my experience, I can lead the “Accra is BOS” initiative well. I’m ready to use what I’ve learned to make sure this event is a success and helps the NEAR Protocol grow in Ghana.

Conclusion:

The NEAR Protocol Developer Onboarding Event represents a unique opportunity to accelerate the growth of the blockchain ecosystem in Accra, Ghana, and beyond. By empowering developers with the tools and knowledge needed to build on NEAR Protocol, we aim to catalyze innovation, foster collaboration, and create a vibrant community of blockchain enthusiasts.

Your support as a sponsor or investor is pivotal in making this event a resounding success. By partnering with us, you’re not just contributing to the event’s execution but also becoming an integral part of the blockchain movement, poised to revolutionize industries and reshape technology landscapes.

I wanted to bring to the attention a formation of guild I submitted back in February 2022 as part of the NEAR Ghana Guild team. Unfortunately, at that time, the formation did not come to fruition. However, I strongly believe that now is the opportune moment to revisit and pursue the establishment of the NEAR Ghana.

We are enthusiastic about the potential impact of this event and look forward to the possibility of collaborating with you. We welcome the opportunity to discuss your involvement further and tailor a sponsorship package that aligns with your goals.

Thank you for considering our proposal. We are excited about the journey ahead and the positive change we can create in the blockchain community.

Tagging @marketingdao-council for review, questions, and comments.

Sincerely,
George Pro
Wallet: appiahpro.near

Hi @GeorgePro1 thanks for your proposal. Now that we are in V1, I would advise you to reach out to Dev Hub to discuss funding for your project. Let us know if you have communicated with them about this initiative. Thanks!

5 Likes