[CLOSED] NEAR TORONTO - February 2024

Introduction

NEAR Toronto was started in June 2023 and is looking forward to continue building on the success of its initial community building events. NEAR Toronto aims to empower individuals and businesses in Toronto and beyond to explore, adopt, and thrive in the world of blockchain technology and beyond.

Name of guild/community: NEAR Toronto
Previous Offer : N/A
Previous Report: N/A

NEAR.social of all core team members:

salikc9.near
a13x.near

Links to social media accounts:

Describe your proposal:

• Organize and Market Monthly Meet-Up, Workshops, & Educational Material
  • Education is a key pillar of our community. We aim to organize and market local workshops, and developer meet-ups that provide resources, education, and awareness to the local blockchain developer community in Toronto.

KPIs and Goals

Please see the updated KPIs below that are inline with the tier system outlined in the charter:

Tier C: $3,500

1. Referral Systems (15%)
  • New Wallet (15%)
    • Minimum 20% of wallet earned in IAH
    • 50 wallets
  1. Engagement Gamification Mechanism (35%)
  • Twitter (10%)
    • 10,000 impressions
  • Telegram (10%)
    • 50 active members
  • Wallet Transactions (10%)
    • 20 average transactions for 25 new wallets
  • YouTube/TikTok or any Video Platform (5%)
    • 3 videos
    • 1000 views per month
  1. Demonstration NEAR to Non-Blockchain Communities (20%)
  • Partnership/Events (20%)
    • 1 partnership
    • 1 online event
  1. Education of Local Communities (30%)
  • Online/Offline Events (15%)
    • 2 events (Meetup, Workshops, etc.)
    • 20 users per event
    • 6 items of delivered merchandise (swag)
  • Developer Activity (15%)
    • 10 developers
    • 1 online training activity

Budget total:

$3,500

Wallet:

near-toronto.sputnik-dao.near

1 Like

Hi @SalShuttlesworth thank you for your contribution to the NEAR ecosystem.

Please attach your previous reports to the proposal. I would like to hear more about your activities and your progress since launching NEAR Toronto in June 2023.

Please also read our charter and provide further information about your KPIs.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me via Telegram. I can send you some sample proposals to help you understand the structure better.

Looking forward to hearing from you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @cizi31!

NEAR Toronto has been active since 06/06/2023 and has successfully built one of the fastest growing regional communities in the NEAR Ecosystem. The regional community has successfully organized several ecosystem events during major conferences (Collision 2023, Futurist 2023, and NEARCON 2023). Below is a summary of NEAR Toronto’s 2023. We’re looking forward to growing the community in 2024.

Note: We have not received any funding from NDC/MDAO in the past and therefore we do not have gov.near.org reports to present for the events/initiatives below.

Event 1: NEAR Toronto Launch Event - Collision Conference 2023:
Thursday, June 29, 2023

● Event Registrations: 1009 Sign-Ups/Registrations
● Twitter Follows: 232 New Followers
● Telegram Group Members: 328 New Members
● Attendees: 280
● Wallets Created: 232
● Community Member Info Survey Responses: 775
● Showcased NEAR Ecosystem (MusicFeast, TENAMINT, KeyPom, I-AM-HUMAN, Proof of Vibes, Renegade Tickets, etc.)

Event 2: Rooftop-Rendezvous: Blockchain Futurist Conference 2023
Thursday, August 17, 2023

● Event Registrations: 775 Sign-Ups/Registrations
● Twitter Follows: 165 New Followers
● Telegram Group Members: 224 New Members
● Attendees: 300
● Wallets Created: 249
● Collaborative initiative with multiple NEAR Toronto Ecosystem Projects: (Marma J Foundation, KeyPom, Renegade Tickets, Seahorse Social, Proof of Vibes, TENAMINT, etc.)

Event 3: NEAR WORLDWIDE: NEARCON 2023 Lisbon
Thursday, November 9th, 2023

● Co-Hosted Event with a Regional Community Focus
● Event Registrations: 119 Sign-Ups/Registrations
● Engagements: 1600+ Engagements
● 247+ Quiz Entries

Event 4: Views: NEARCON 2023 Lisbon
Saturday, November 11th, 2023

● Event Registrations: 187 Sign-Ups/Registrations
● Instagram Follows: 25 New Followers
● Featured article about event on Blockleaders.io
● Attendees: 100+
● Wallets Created: 49
● Collaborative initiative with NEAR Toronto Ecosystem Projects: (Renegade Tickets, Seahorse Social, Proof of Vibes, TENAMINT, KeyPom, etc.)

Other: 2023

● Hosted: NEAR Toronto Twitter Space (KeyPom, TENAMINT, Wax, NEAR Toronto, Proof of Vibes) (370 Tuned In)
● Supported: Aceocial Summer Breeze Networking Event (50 Attendees)
● Supported: Hack The Valley 8 Hackathon by University of Toronto-Scarborough (323 Participants)

@cizi31 Please see the updated KPIs below that are inline with the tier system outlined in the charter:

Tier C: $3,500

1. Referral Systems (15%)
  • New Wallet (15%)
    • Minimum 20% of wallet earned in IAH
    • 50 wallets
  1. Engagement Gamification Mechanism (35%)
  • Twitter (10%)
    • 10,000 impressions
  • Telegram (10%)
    • 50 active members
  • Wallet Transactions (10%)
    • 20 average transactions for 25 new wallets
  • YouTube/TikTok or any Video Platform (5%)
    • 3 videos
    • 1000 views per month
  1. Demonstration NEAR to Non-Blockchain Communities (20%)
  • Partnership/Events (20%)
    • 1 partnership
    • 1 online event
  1. Education of Local Communities (30%)
  • Online/Offline Events (15%)
    • 2 events (Meetup, Workshops, etc.)
    • 20 users per event
    • 6 items of delivered merchandise (swag)
  • Developer Activity (15%)
    • 10 developers
    • 1 online training activity
1 Like

Thank you @SalShuttlesworth I’ve updated the KPI sheet Globe DAO February Funding - Main Docs - Google Sheets
Waiting for other councils to review.

FYI:
Developer Activity (15%)

• 10 developers
  • 1 online training activity → need to organize 2 training activites to receive 15%.
1 Like

I agree with @cizi31

There should be an activity involving two developers to qualify for Tier C.

Please confirm and reconsider. We are not limiting the effort, but rather starting with this approach first. We will assess whether it is advisable to continue or if revisions are needed.

1 Like

Hello @SalShuttlesworth,
Thanks for applying through Globe DAO.

I have same doubt for dev activities in Tier C.

Apart from that I have some other concerns for NEAR Toronto:

• Our team is always facing challenges whenever we try to contact you, we hardly get any response from you on Telegram. On Forum, we have been waiting for you from past 2 days.

• You haven’t applied for KYC till now, it’s been a week now that we have instructed all the leaders to complete this process. If I am not wrong we have also reminded on leaders chat. We can’t initiate any funds without KYC.

• Due to your absence we are worried, how these target can be achieved. We need to re-consider our decision on NEAR Toronto’s January approval.

Would request you to share a contact of your team, who can create a proper sync and must be responsible for all the tasks by Near Toronto. Good Luck.

Hi @SalShuttlesworth
While NEAR Toronto has strong experience in events, and I’d like to support you guys too but we need more teamwork from you too, including: timely response on TG, and forum, and KYC process (because we need all regional leaders to KYC to get fund approval).

Therefore, we have to say no this time, and hope to receive your timely cooperation for March proposal.

Thanks.

Hi @SalShuttlesworth, unfortunately, I can’t support your proposal for February as you were not active enough on Telegram and on the Forum.

I hope you’ll be better prepared for March.

Hi @iamanansari @Ihor @HaiVu @cizi31 @derymars

Thank you all for your comments. Perhaps I may have misunderstood some action items or feedback received.

• I posted my KPI updates and 2023 activity summary as requested here. There were some potential updates regarding tier C after I had submitted that. Can you advise what actions are required on my end regarding them? Should I edit my original post to reflect these changes? I was under the impression that the council was reviewing that change as per @cizi31 and @derymars messages - but I seem to have misunderstood what was meant by that or what was required on my end.

• I am reachable both here and via telegram during local business hours. I do require clarity on where exactly communication is coming from and what action items are required on my end. Perhaps I misinterpreted some of the comments above.

• I have not received any forms, documents, or emails regarding KYC. My KYC with NF through fractal has already been completed though so this shouldn’t be an issue. I am just hoping for some clarity on next steps.

• Idea: I’m unsure if other regional communities agree, but I do feel like one streamlined chat between each individual community and globedao representatives directly would make perhaps make more sense so that all discussions (and next steps) are streamlined are in one place. This idea could also allow me to introduce the GlobeDAO team to other members of the team that may be able to provide updates, complete action items, and address any concerns in my absence if needed.

I apologize for any delays or misunderstood direction on my end. I look forward to working with all of you and appreciate your guidance.

1 Like

Hello,

Sorry, but we have noticed that you were unavailable & it was always challenging for us to contact you. Even Ihor have to mention you multiple times to get a response from your end. It put us in doubt how to continue the work, when there is no sync.

Thank you for the suggestion. But, we have Telegram group with all regional leads to sync, whenever we want to convey anything to the complete body, we generally drop it there. You are also in the same group with us. We are also on task to form separate chats with each guild.

From past 2 weeks we have been working on KYC process, many leaders faced issues but we were always there to help and meanwhile, some errors were not in our control so we forwarded to concerned team via Dacha. Almost all leads passed KYC. But you were the only one who didn’t even applied or filled the sheet part. That’s unfortunate for us. Please understand we have been in sync with almost 12-13 teams. It’s hard to call out everyone in personal that’s why that group was created, also I have mentioned you. But hardly we got anything from your end.

You receive KYC details on your email when you fill your details in sheet that were given to all guilds in that group. Currently, the issue is timeline for KYC process is over and we can’t do anything with it. Apart from KYC, your timely cooperation is much needed for the growth of community. Hope you understand. Unfortunately, we can’t support you this time.

Thanks for response. The above has been noted and will be addressed in future terms.

In the mean-time can you advise on the next KYC process will take place and on which document that process will take place? Is it the same one you are mentioning or will it be a new document altogether?

Note: Our KYC&KYB has already been completed previously.

Currently, we don’t have any such timeline with us as everything is instructed by HoM. I can only say, it’s closed for now.

How previously it was done? And I am not sure if it’s still valid or not.

Please pay attention here. This is really important for us.

Thank you.

Please pay attention here. This is really important for us.

In my previous message I have acknowledged your feedback, noted that it has been received, and mentioned it will be addressed. In the nature of good communication - please let me know if there is anything else you’re seeking in response here.

Currently, we don’t have any such timeline with us as everything is instructed by HoM. I can only say, it’s closed for now.

ok - I will keep a look-out for any updates regarding this.

How previously it was done? And I am not sure if it’s still valid or not.

It was done through NF via Fractal - the same process and should still be valid as it has been less than a year.

Thanks