[Closed] Near Coverage for November 2022

Hello guys, I’m Cris from Near Coverage.
First of all, thanks all of the Near community for extremely hard working to contribute to Near ecosystem.

This is our page: Near Coverage

Near Coverage has working on this page until is 4 months.

We are extremely interested and bullish in Near ecosystem, that’s why Near Coverage’s mission is to support projects engage with Near community easier.

Pain points:
Ecosystem side:

1. In this period, Near ecosystem emphasizes to attract newcomers to use blockchain in the easiest ways.
  2. There are extremely a huge number of new projects chooses to build in Near ecosystem and the number continues to increase. Those projects are new decentralized application. that need to raise brand awareness from Near lovers and also outside Near ecosystem,…
  3. Most of projects don’t have a great budget to spend for marketing part (a whole big campaign) - they don’t gain great results for their initial launch.

Near Coverage’s side:

1. We are not enough resources to grow our media site (AMA host & Video speaker (1), Community Manager to engage with numerous projects in their discord (1).
  2. Not enough basic salary to pay for the whole team, mostly they are working as a free job to contribute - sometimes we did one or two (rarely) small contracts per month.

We learned their numerous media contributors for Near ecosystem, but I’m strongly convinced that are still vacancies for marketing in this space, due to the number of projects are growing significantly.

Solution
Near Coverage helps connect projects built on Near blockchain to the community through community work.

Below is what we do:

1. Analytics and update all of what are going on Near blockchain (daily).
  2. Recently brings proofs of why Near is extremely potential in the long-run
  3. Introduce projects builts on Near blockchain with overview graphics.
  4. Analytics and making thread of why they are competitive in the market.
  5. Doing marketing campaign for all projects that needed in their initial launch and regular event.
  6. AMA on Twitter Space for projects get closer with the Near community.
  7. Making weekly videos (6 news/week) - include Near blockchain news as a priority and projects that need promotion.
  8. Communicate with projects’ communities under Near Coverage name to support their community growth.

Our goal in November:

1. Support as most as projects we could in our space.
  2. Raise our media site awareness (multi-platform and expand to non-Near citizens), engagement to the next level, connect with and support in regularly Near blockchain campaigns.
  3. Make a giveaway to appreciate our community.
  4. Keep the bullish spirit for Near builders and enthusiasts.

Task:

• 4 graphics per day (Daily Near Digest, Analytics On-chain Data, Near for newcomers posts) = 96 graphics.
  • 2 graphics per day (Marketing campaign for new projects built on Near ecosystem) = 52 graphics.
  • 2-3 news updates per day = 78 graphics.
  • AMA Twitter Spaces = 4-6 spaces / month.
  • Weekly News Videos Recap = 4 videos / month
  • Our new work: Instruction of Near for newcomers (Will try 1-2 videos/month).

Our resources

• 1 AMA host & voice speaker (support projects to generate)
  • 2 researchers, 1 content leader that research and quailty control.
  • 3 graphic designers
  • 1 video editor
  • 1 project manager that connect and support project to work with the Near Coverage team - “Partner supporter” while making content

Total Requested allocation: $2,000 = $NEAR at the time the request approval.
We will send the report about our work in the end of November. (this fund request has been editted on Nov 14, 2022)

Wallet ID: crisnguyen999.near

6 Likes

About Near Coverage:

• Great design
  • Timely and accurate information update

Good team, good media!

3 Likes

Hello, @Cris could you please split the total budget for each category?

For example

Content → Writing → guide > $400 / KPIs, goals, metrics
Social media → Twitter → $400 / KPIs, goals, metrics/
Etc.

And exclude not supported categories.

Thank you!

List of categories:

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply:

In terms of content:
- We target to make 200 graphics in November
Include:

1. Daily Near Digest (we will mention more about Near event, activity such as, job, grant, community questions thread,…)
  2. Weekly on-chain data, analytics.
  3. Recently brings proofs of why Near is extremely potential in the long-run
  4. Educate users how to join Near ecosystem with different aspects (swap, lending borrowing,…) in several top platforms.
  5. Analytics and ranking all the projects in Near ecosystem with different segments (DeFi, NFT,…)

- 4 Weekly News Videos (on Twitter with 6 news/ week)

Total request: $1300

In term of social media:

• Host 2-4 AMA per month with new projects in Near ecosystem
  • Promote and introduce 6-8 new projects in the ecosystem. This month is include: vSelf, Perk Money, Nearlend DAO, Portalverse, Nepbot, with 1-3 more projects I will direct).

Total request: $700

Target for the end of November: increase our reach to 250-300K impressions

1 Like

am i right? - you ask 2000$ for maintaining only one Twitter account for 1 month?

2 Likes

Yes, I need budget for maintaining and expand our exposure in Near ecosystem through spending connect with as most as projects we can.

I’m strongly convinced you can check our Proof of Work of what we did for the space. However, what we are missing now is stronger connection with overall projects in Near ecosystem. And with this budget, we intend to make it comes true in our side when we have motivation to contribute as main careers.

Also, we have opened a Youtube channel and start working on Near education video. But I will publish as Proof-of-work next month with November report.

2 Likes

thanks for your reply! it’s great to have media-channel with high-quality updated info!

and do you perform marketing to promote the Twitter page outside of NEAR ecosystem? - in order to more people get knowledge about it, to spread awareness :slight_smile:

as a representative of the Aurora Community, i’d like to ask if we can collaborate with you from time to time?
we have a community news stream channel with all the updated news about #Aurora ecosystem:

also there’re community media channels like Aurority - any AMA or giveaway together - would it be possible?

5 Likes

Absolutely mate, marketing is also about connection. Feel free to DM me about potential collaboration.

My telegram: @bd_vcm

2 Likes

Welcome Cris, I sent you a DM, check it

3 Likes

Hi @Cris thanks for your proposal and your understanding during the pause in funding.

The DAO is actively working to clear the backlog of proposals.

I see that you have adjusted your proposal, but before i can support it would be useful if you could complete this form .

To assist you please take a look at the new Marketing DAO proposal funding guidelines .

Thanks for your patience as we work through the backlog of proposals – I look forward to reading your responses sent via the form shared by @cryptocredit above.

1 Like

Yes, I sent it.

Thank you!!!

Hi.
A small clarification on the Twitter metric. 28 days for what period, that is, from what to what date? You have Nearcon written, if memory serves me correctly, then this event took place in September and then everyone with this tag had a lot of views. Could you provide a metric for the month of October or November? What are your drawings for? It’s not tension, I just want to get it right.
Thx :relieved:

Hi, thanks for asking. I requested this proposal from October, so maybe I forgot to snapshot the new one.

This is our report for the past two months. We did it with zero resources in last two months so we didn’t have a relation manager to handle the partnership.

Thank you

1 Like

Hello! Thank you for your proposal. I’d like to support your proposal, but you should open a Google form so any Ecosystem Project can get marketing support from Near Coverage. Thanks!

4 Likes

Yes I will do today.

I will send to this proposal and also promote the form on our page

2 Likes

Thanks for your proposal.

Please submit links to relevant previous work so we can assess.

What does previous work you mean?

Thank you!

All of our work you can check on our Twitter Page:

https://twitter.com/near_coverage?s=21&t=nqzHdbUhvWuxGsSFHNJRTA

1 Like

Links to recorded twitter spaces, videos, etc.

As it stands, I am not able to support this proposal in its current form.

As per the latest guidelines;

• The distribution channel and content are undifferentiated. The core issue that we have here is that there are multiple accounts in the ecosystem with the same format: Name = “NEAR + X”, creating very similar content, and we don’t know who is behind them. Brand development and community involvement is questionable.
  • Quality of the graphics is average. Perhaps aiming for too many graphics.

Let me know if you have any questions,

2 Likes

These types of infographic projects have a place in the marketing DAO.

Given the nature of the budget and the similarity to other projects in terms of (information, design, summaries, etc), it’s just doesn’t stand out enough.

I’m unable to support this project at this time.

2 Likes