[Closed] Metaverse DAO participation at Blockchain Rio

Maybe I can talk with their marketing team, and I bet they would like speaker from Mintbase. Do u want me to check this possibility?

Oh, that is so sad, my friend!

Can it be online??? I’d love that

1 Like

I dont know, but it would be nice if it could.

Hi @thephilosopher – thanks for the proposal – I see you have another proposal requesting funding for NEARCON in addition to this one. As I’m reviewing these, is there one you want to prioritize?

3 Likes

Hi, @so608. Thanks for evaluating the proposals.
Maybe this one, because it is near: Sept 1-4.
Kind regards.

Just letting you know too that my name is Rodrigo Reis, so my name in the event is appearing as Rodrigo Reis, not The Philosopher.

Thanks for your proposal Philosopher.

We’ve got a relatively large community in Brazil, specially when taking into account the % of Marketing DAO funds going to the region.

Why do you think the Metaverse DAO would be the best placed to represent the NEAR ecosystem?

• How confident do you feel like you could represent the NEAR ecosystem to enquiring developers? (Stay up to date with tech releases, capability, use cases available, etc.)
  • How confident do you fee like you could represent the NEAR ecosystem to a non-crypto audience? (Highlighting user experience, etc.)

Thanks,

AVB

2 Likes

Hi, @satojandro. Thanks for your answer.

Concerning Metaverse DAO, I would say that:

1. Blockchain Rio contacted me directly, thinking that I was the representative of NEAR in Brazil, because I was really a known person building the Brazilian community on NEAR. Please, have a look at my path on NEAR and outside it: [Creatives DAO] - Decentralization review & Meeting - #183 by thephilosopher

2. As far as I know, no other DAO from NEAR is requesting resources to participate at Blockchain Rio. If this is right, beyond being the best placed dao to represent NEAR on Blockchain Rio, it is the only DAO. Without it, there is no NEAR representation at Blockchain Rio.

3. Metaverse is something new for traders and NFT artists, so I think it will generate interest enough, given our unique historical mission on metaverse.

I think I can represent NEAR inside my work area, which is NEAR historical presence on Metaverse and development of its presence. I can talk about that and about NFT marketplaces, funding possibilities on NEAR, possibilities of integration between metaverse and IRL events, and similar things. But I cannot talk about nightshade and these technical things. I am not a developer, so my knowledge about that is not large.

Nevertheless I know what I want from the developers. I want a developer who can develop an app like crosswords.xyz, but with questions and choices between answers, with tasks to be fulfilled, and created by professors, used by students, and distributing NEAR to them, to be used in universities. This is not a project from Metaverse DAO, but it is something I am developing with The Philosophers DAO, together with a certain set of projects which could create a NEAR ecosystem inside universities, starting by my university and @jsc2022.near’s university, who is also a council member from The Philosophers DAO. I can enjoy the moment among blockchain enthusiasts not only to publicize NEAR and Metaverse DAO, but also to build contacts with developers who could help in this regard.

Concerning non-crypto audience, I could explain pretty well what is blockchain, how near is different from bitcoin and ethereum blockchains, how to mint NFTs, how to participate on metaverse, how to build a DAO and ask for fundings for projects, how to be part of the community. I have a good experience on near, concerning user experience. I use many partners’ products, as 3xr, Near Cribs, Near Hub, Reality Chain, Mintbase marketplace etc.

See you on metaverse!

3 Likes

Hello, @thephilosopher let’s focus on NearCon?
It’s no from me.

2 Likes

Hi, @Dacha. We can focus on NAERCon, although we have just 11 days more to decide about Blockchain Rio.

Thanks for providing the thoughtful explanation.

I agree that every community member is well placed to represent NEAR within their area of expertise and, if they were to come across people with other interests or asking about things beyond your knowledge, hopefully you’d be able to put them in contact with the right person.

Drawing from my experience at crypto events; few people are focused on the talks, all of the networking and value is created on the hallways, booths are very expensive an rarely go beyond handing out merchandise. Bit cynical, but I guess what I am alluding to is that there are ways to participate in these conferences and meet a ton of people, onboard them to NEAR without the need to necessarily have a booth.

Considering the time constraints and the focus on Nearcon as Dacha has suggested, I would propose you attend Blockrio but on a personal basis, without booth.

Let me know if there are any minor expenses associated with this ‘Light’ version of attendance.

PSA - you should connect with the @Hack-a-Chain team, they are technical and within Brazil. Hopefully together you can complement each other skills and help us grow the NEAR Ecosystem there

5 Likes

Thank you for connecting me with @Hack-a-Chain, @satojandro.

Can I send u a DM about an app project, Hack? Bom encontrar um grupo brasileiro nessa área mais técnica! Eu queria desenvolver um app para universidades e, caso vcs queiram conversar, podemos trocar uma ideia.

3 Likes

Thanks for the referral @satojandro!

It will be a pleasure to connect to more Brazilian projects. We’re also going to be present at BlockchainRio and we’re thinking about getting a booth for Near, but we’ll take what you’ve said into consideration and better reflect around. Maybe we don’t really need a booth to market Near.

Anyway, we’ll discuss it with @thephilosopher.

1 Like

Olá @thephilosopher! Claro, vamos conversar! Pode me chamar no telegram? @hackachain

1 Like

Given the feedback on this post and the focus on Nearcon coming up, I cannot support this proposal at this time.

1 Like

About Blockchain Rio, @satojandro, I thank you for your time in evaluating this proposal, and also all the other members of the Marketing DAO, who took the time to read it. I appreciate it a lot. Nevertheless, I would like to kindly say that I am not interested anymore in participating in the event. Thank you for everything.

Hi, @Hack-a-Chain! Legal demais te encontrar aqui. Eu acabei que preferi nao ir no evento, por causa dessas restrições orçamentárias. Se o proprio marketing dao nao pensa que é importante investir nisso, eu nao vejo muito sentido em gastar meu tempo com isso. Mas eu vou gostar muito de conhecer vcs melhor. Vcs estao com base no Rio de Janeiro? Vou conectar contigo la no telegram.

1 Like

No problem, Kint. I had given up nearcon and blockchain rio, because of these budget restrictions. As I said to Hack, I see no reason in going in an event to publicize near and metaverse dao, if the own marketing dao does not think it is important.

1 Like

@Dacha, you dont need to edit your post to say it is no from you. I had already given up.

1 Like

Just letting u know I used my own funds to go to Blockchain Rio, and it was a success. I gave a talk there (i am asking the producers for some photos and videos), and explained everything about the creatives dao and near to the people there. I am also already in contact with some people that is partning with CELO blockchain, and we are thinking about a large project for an entire city, in partnership with near. I could had make a lot more if there were not these kinds of restrictions on the budget.

I enjoy the time to tell u too about the super success from NEAR Alexandria Library, which could get to 1590 visitors in just 2 events, by being partner of TSA Incubator, Digital One, Voxels, Metacat, and 2 daos from near blockchain.

2 Likes