[Proposal] Launch of NEAR India ambassador program

Subject-NEAR India Guild is planning to launch the NEAR India ambassador program with the collaboration of OWS(Open Web Sandbox).

• Why do we need the NEAR India ambassador program?

There are multiple reasons to launch the NEAR India ambassador program.

Reason-1: To increase the reach -India has 29 states with a 136cr of population, but our guild members are only from 3-4 states, so a minimum of two ambassadors from each state can be helpful.

Reason-2: To find genuine contributors for the guild- Most of our guild members are inactive, so we can approach active ambassadors to join the guild to increase the productivity of the guild.

Reason-3: To increase more India centric initiatives - Right now, there are many places in India where people are educated but less comfortable with English, so Events, graphics, videos, and translations in their language can help more.

• Why are we interested in collaborations with OWS(Open Web Sandbox)?

OWS has an already pre-built structure for community contributors and an accommodating team with a good amount of experience, so we are interested in leveraging OWS instead of creating an extra ecosystem.

We already discussed with the OWS team members @OrvardJam @sofia_alum @vrdoingthings @AnaNastya, where they are also very interested in taking this initiative forward. But before taking any action, we are very open to collect feedback or concerns from the core team members and the NEAR community.

Check the presentation we used during the call with the OWS team

6 Likes

Hello Jiten,

So glad to see this initiative moving forward. I believe both OWS and NEAR India are better equipped today for a fruitful collaboration then back in May. I am willing to do whatever I can to assist so let’s stay in touch.

Talk soon,
Sofia

2 Likes

Surely, thank you so much for your support