[Proposal] Application for the Position of Regional Communities Working Group. RC DAO

Who are you?

I am Auwal Abdullahi, a Software Engineer, UI/UX Designer, and Project Manager. I have a passion for technology and leveraging it to create meaningful and user-friendly experiences. With my diverse skill set, I strive to contribute to the development of innovative solutions that can make enormous impact to our communities. I also major in Information Technology from Bayero University, Kano.

What is your experience?

Regarding my experience, I have experience working/freelancing in the software industry for over 7 years. I have contributed to various projects as a developer, led teams as a project manager, and designed intuitive user interfaces and experiences. This diverse background has given me a holistic understanding of software development, management, and design principles.

My Skills:

My skills encompass a wide range of technical and creative areas. I have proficiency in programming languages such as Python and Dart, in terms of design, I specialize in creating intuitive user interfaces and conducting user research using tools like Adobe XD and Figma. Additionally, my project management skills enable me to effectively plan, execute, and deliver successful projects.

My Goals:

My goals revolve around leveraging blockchain technology to drive innovation and create meaningful and impactful solutions. I firmly believe in the potential of decentralized systems to revolutionize industries and improve the lives of individuals locally and internationally. This is by actively participating in the NEAR and blockchain ecosystem, I aim to contribute my skills and knowledge to advance this transformative technology so that it can be accessible by everyone.

Also, as a candidate, I will try to bring a unique blend of technical expertise, design thinking, and project management skills. I have a deep understanding of the software development life cycle and can seamlessly transition between different roles and responsibilities. This adaptability allows me to take a holistic approach to problem-solving and deliver exceptional results.

How are you involved with NEAR and the overall blockchain ecosystem?

I am actively involved in the NEAR blockchain ecosystem, participating in community events, workshops, hackathons, contributing to community building, and engaging with developers and enthusiasts. I believe in the transformative potential of blockchain technology and its ability to revolutionize various industries.

Where is your home?

I am currently based in the vibrant city of Kano, Nigeria.

Which communities do you represent?

I represent Near Protocol Kano guild Community (NPK Guild also known as Near Nigeria)

Why are you a good candidate?

I believe I am a good candidate because of my diverse skill set and extensive experience in the software industry. My proficiency in software development, UI/UX design, and project management allows me to understand and contribute to projects from different angles. I am dedicated, detail-oriented, ability to work with teams both new and existing ones and constantly strive for excellence in my work.

Why should people vote for you?

People should vote for me because of my passion for technology and my commitment to making a positive impact in the blockchain ecosystem and as well leveraging my skills to create user-centric experiences. With my expertise, I can contribute to the growth and development of the NEAR community and blockchain ecosystem.

Explain your strategy to develop regional communities.

My strategy to develop regional communities revolves around fostering collaboration, knowledge sharing, and inclusivity. I would facilitate webinars, meetups, workshops, and online forums to bring together professionals and enthusiasts from the region. These events would provide opportunities for networking, sharing experiences, and discussing the latest trends and challenges in the industry. Also i would also focus on education and enhance skill development by fostering training programs and mentorship initiatives. This would help individuals in the community enhance their skills and stay updated with the latest technologies and practices. Additionally, I would encourage community members to contribute to open-source projects and participate in hackathons to promote innovation and collaboration.

Let us know any expectations regarding your time commitment and compensation.

I am dedicated to actively contribute my time and expertise to the community. I understand that community involvement requires commitment and I am willing to allocate a significant portion of my time to support community activities, such as mentorship, webinars and engaging in discussions.

As for compensation, I believe in the value of community-driven initiatives and would be open to discussing any compensation models that align with the project’s goals and resources. I am committed to transparency and fairness in all aspects of my involvement.

Kindly disclose any potential conflicts of interest, and feel free to be creative!

As a professional, I maintain a high level of ethical conduct and prioritize transparency. I will always disclose any potential conflicts of interest to ensure fairness and impartiality in my actions. Additionally, I am open to creative ideas and collaboration to foster an environment of innovation and growth within the community.

Thank you for considering me as a candidate, and I look forward to the opportunity to contribute to the NEAR and blockchain communities.

1 Like