[Closed] Seen from Space - Here Now remix NFT - August 2022

Greetings, this proposal is a request for $500 to cover partial costs associated with our planned NFT release. $300 is requested up-front, as we will have already placed our vinyl order by the time this proposal has been reviewed.

Seen from Space, the duo of davepsy (URBNET - DavePsy) & Stylus (@mr.stylus | Linktree) are preparing the release of the anticipated remix to Here Now, the opening track from their debut EP album ‘Beyond the Arc’.

This previously unheard remix features guest appearances from Jeff Spec, Ishkan, & Moka Only, as well as artwork from Peanut Butter Cookiez.

The NFT features:
An exclusive .gif rendition of the artwork, plus advance downloads of the song & instrumental in mp3 & wav format.
There is also a physical component of this NFT release—exclusive, signed, lathe-cut 10” vinyl of the remix, including accappella, instrumental, and a couple songs from the EP.

Our plan is to coordinate a dual release of 4 NFTs total. 3 of these to be released through NxM, while the remaining 1 to be released through DAOrecords.
The winner of each will receive the aforementioned prizes, and the vinyl to be mailed at a later date once pressing is complete (updates will be provided as we receive them).

TARGET NFT DROP DATE: Thursday, August 25

Associated costs:
-vinyl pressing (10 copies total: 1 per artist; 4 as NFT rewards) - $275 CAD + taxes
**order being placed this week. **mixing/mastering is already complete
-Canada/US shipping for each record (cost tbd)
-sticker production - $60 USD
-promotion - $300 (radio campaign, email blasts, dj pool servicing of mp3).

All promotion would emphasize of course that this is being launched as a dual release w/ NxM through the $NEAR protocol, and DAORecords.

We’d also like to propose a $50 bounty to a member of the NxM community for promo ad design, which would go out as part of our media blast, should anybody be interested in taking this project on. We will provide the single artwork to set the color palette for you, as well as text details to include.

This is the first foray into the NFT space for all 6 of us, and so this project will serve as an orientation for us into the sphere, and to the Near protocol. As such, we’ll each be promoting the release to our respective audiences in hopes that this project will lead to more in the future w/ NEAR, and that it will serve as a viable platform for us to promote and sell our art going forward.

Please do let me know if you have questions—I look forward to any thoughts or suggestions you may have.

Respectfully,

-davepsy

4 Likes

Great proposal with some amazing established artists! DAOrecords is happy to support where we can for this and look fwd to the updated formatting of this proposal @davepsy

Also tagging @NxM mods here to get some eyeballs and feedback

2 Likes

https://www.redspaderecords.com will be doing the pressing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Additional artist links (I was limited in the original post):

1 Like

Dear @davepsy
I’d like to inform you that you don’t hold an NxM Membership badge. Please familiarize yourself with the below guidelines and proceed accordingly:

:point_right:Projects: [GUIDE] NxM Funding Guidelines for Projects

:point_right:Events: [GUIDE] NxM Funding Guidelines for Events

Hi @Paul,
I’ve submitted my membership application. I wasn’t aware of the requirement when I first submitted my funding proposal back in May.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you!

-d

1 Like