NDC November Funding Request: Creatives DAO

Dear community,

Throughout NEARCON and over the past month, we’ve gathered valuable feedback from various stakeholders in both the NDC and NF. Creatives DAO remains committed to supporting our communities during the “V0.5” period, while we are preparing for more updates in the very near future.

We have been actively working on enhancing our funding practices to facilitate community contributions that align seamlessly with NDC priorities.

In November, we received 13 proposals with a total request of $64,300.

Proposal Link Amount ($)
[Partner PROPOSAL]: Road 2 LouiEvolve [2024] - Creatives - NEAR Forum [Approved for $5k]: Road 2 LouiEvolve [2024] 10000
Near DigitalFashion Dao Funding Request For November and December 2023 [Closed] Near DigitalFashion Dao Funding Request For November and December 2023 2700
Spirityut Proposal (December 2023) - Creatives DAO - NEAR Forum [Closed] Spirityut Proposal (December 2023) 810
[PROPOSAL] CreativesDAO Nov Request - Pilot Quadratic Funding Round for Creative Public Goods via PotLock [APPROVED] CreativesDAO Nov Request - Pilot Quadratic Funding Round for Creative Public Goods via PotLock 10000
[PROPOSAL] Near x Art November, December - Creatives DAO [Approved for $1850] Near x Art November, December 5000
[Proposal] Filipino Artist DAO - Funding Proposal for December - January 2023 - Creatives - NEAR Forum [Approved for $3250] Filipino Artist DAO - Funding Proposal for December - January 2023 5000
[Proposal] In The Arena Streaming Series (DanceFight x Vibe Stream Network) - November - Creatives DAO - NEAR Forum [Approved for $6500] In The Arena Streaming Series (DanceFight x Vibe Stream Network) - November 8500
[PROPOSAL] Yabatech Revolution: The Blockchain-AI Paradigm" Symposium - 7th - 9th December, 2023 - Creatives DAO - NEAR Forum [Closed] Yabatech Revolution: The Blockchain-AI Paradigm" Symposium - 7th - 9th December, 2023 3250
[PROPOSAL] December 2023 and January 2024 proposal for Omega Digi-World DAO - Creatives DAO - NEAR Forum [Approved for $2430] December 2023 and January 2024 proposal for Omega Digi-World DAO 3000
[Proposal] Thespians DAO Proposal for November - December, 2023 - Creatives DAO - NEAR Forum [Closed] Thespians DAO Proposal for November - December, 2023 5000
[PROPOSAL] fraDAO - FUNDING PROPOSAL FOR NOVEMBER - 2023 - Creatives DAO - NEAR Forum [Approved for $1760] fraDAO - FUNDING PROPOSAL FOR NOVEMBER - 2023 5000
[PROPOSAL] afrocritik dao - funding proposal for november - 2023j - Creatives DAO - NEAR Forum [Closed] afrocritik dao - funding proposal for november - 2023 2000
(PROPOSAL) VN Artists DAO funding proposal NOV-2023 to JAN-2024 - Creatives DAO - NEAR Forum [Approved for $4040] VN Artists DAO funding proposal NOV-2023 to JAN-2024 4040
Total 64300

Following new guidelines from NDC House of Merit, Creatives DAO councils have assessed and revised those proposals, following the priorities as per the following announcement:

CREATIVES DAO NOVEMBER FUNDING REQUEST

To HOM/COA and NDC Trust:

Approved Proposal Link Amount ($)
[Partner PROPOSAL]: Road 2 LouiEvolve [2024] - Creatives - NEAR Forum [Approved for $5k]: Road 2 LouiEvolve [2024] 5000
[PROPOSAL] CreativesDAO Nov Request - Pilot Quadratic Funding Round for Creative Public Goods via PotLock [APPROVED] CreativesDAO Nov Request - Pilot Quadratic Funding Round for Creative Public Goods via PotLock 10000
[PROPOSAL] Near x Art November, December - Creatives DAO [Approved for $1850] Near x Art November, December 1850
[Proposal] Filipino Artist DAO - Funding Proposal for December - January 2023 - Creatives - NEAR Forum [Approved for $3250] Filipino Artist DAO - Funding Proposal for December - January 2023 3250
[Proposal] In The Arena Streaming Series (DanceFight x Vibe Stream Network) - November - Creatives DAO - NEAR Forum [Approved for $6500] In The Arena Streaming Series (DanceFight x Vibe Stream Network) - November 6500
[PROPOSAL] December 2023 and January 2024 proposal for Omega Digi-World DAO - Creatives DAO - NEAR Forum [Approved for $2430] December 2023 and January 2024 proposal for Omega Digi-World DAO 2430
[PROPOSAL] fraDAO - FUNDING PROPOSAL FOR NOVEMBER - 2023 - Creatives DAO - NEAR Forum [Approved for $1760] fraDAO - FUNDING PROPOSAL FOR NOVEMBER - 2023 1760
(PROPOSAL) VN Artists DAO funding proposal NOV-2023 to JAN-2024 - Creatives DAO - NEAR Forum [Approved for $4040] VN Artists DAO funding proposal NOV-2023 to JAN-2024 4040
CDAO operations
Renumeration (3) 12000
Social media manager 1000
Trust enforcer 1000
Treasury swap slippage 500
Total $49,330

Thank you!

5 Likes

Dear NDC

The CDAO is punishing Thespians DAO for one member who has agreed to pay back Eth Milan ticket and still raising the money;

But can’t appreciate me who spent all my money and had to borrow to make it to Eth Milan.

I even had to sell my car to pay up the debt I incurred because I was in Italy to help NEAR build (I will paste receipts and evidence here, if anybody needs it)

I spent a total of $3,000 dollars (plus) to be in Milan.

• Flight $1,000 (But NEAR gave me 700,000 Naira when the flight is 1.1m Naira)
  • Flight Extra Charge cos of Naira devaluation $400
  • Agent $300
  • Proof of funds $300
  • Missed Flight back to Nigeria and paid 500 Euro
  • Tax Clearance Cert $200
  • Visa Fee $100
  • Miscellaneous Expenses on feeding and logistics is more than 200 Euro

I have my receipts. NEAR, NDC and CDAO can’t do anything about it, to help me recover these expenses. And I didn’t complain. Had to sell my car to pay back the money I borrowed to make sure I go to Eth Milan and survived while in Milan. The pressure was too much when I came back to Nigeria.

But they are willing to punish Thespians
DAO that has over 5,000 members worldwide because one person “offended”

Why is that CDAO can punish offenders, but can’t appreciate those who work hard to build this Ecosystem.

I know what I have done for NEAR and CDAO

I WOULD LIKE NDC AND THE TRUSTEES TO WEIGH IN, WHAT EVER THEY DECIDE “PUBLICLY” IS FINE BY ME AND THESPIANS DAO

Are we going to allow investment of over $17,000 die because of $1,000?

If you count 10 DAOs, Thespians DAO is one of the active DAOs in NEAR Protocol under CDAO. Prove me wrong with your facts!!!

Which other DAO is currently doing better than Thespians DAO in Africa…

Mention a name with numbers, I will wait.

Updated: The proposal has been thorougly reviewed by HOM representatives. After receiving constructive feedbacks, we’re revising the proposal with following details:

3 Likes

Dear HOM, after consulting further feed back, we are revising our asked remuneration from NDC to $3K (solely apply for this proposal) for two reasons:

• Budget is being asked for NDC V0 treasury, noting that November is an extended month for the transition, so the V0 treasury has to bear its resource for another month while it ties with NDC V0 KPIs.
  • We still remain fully dedicated, the CDAO Trust buffer will be used to cover the $1K, going together with councils report

=>

8 Likes