Monthly report Sep. 2021
Relevant Near Legal Guild (NLG) actions, as Sep. the 30th - 2021:
USE CASES AND PLAYBOOKS
Finished: use-case collaborating with a NEAR core community, issuing recommendations for Software Licensing and Liability when sharing Open Source code
Finished: KYC/AML and Due Diligence policy, based on the situation of a core community in the ecosystem
Finished: an International Mobility package guide for a community based within the EU, and set to cover the basics for other Node communities
Finished: use-case with a project inside the community, issuing recommendations for NFT`s ownership and licensing, as well as the creation of a legal entity for tokenization purposes
Finished: use case scenario/playbook, covering recommendations for issuing a token in different jurisdictions and its KYC/AML implications
in process: use-case related to data protection and privacy for collecting sensitive information (India based) in connection with the GDPR and main privacy legislations.
in process: collaboration with S2 to create a framework for crypto-assets in Kenya
·These materials will be available to the public in our website www.nearlegal.com, that will be finished in the upcoming weeks.
We keep regularly posting legal articles analyzing the main legal concerns in the NEAR-verse.
With special mention to: “Legal Basics: Smart Contracts”, “Business Ops Lessons for Crypto Project Founders” in collaboration with Verida, and “Digital Identity in Blockchain”.
- Finished: “Privacy and Cybersecurity for developers” ¿What kind of considerations should be addressed from a security and privacy point of view? before, during and after designing my application.
- in process: “Intellectual Property Course: software licensing and open source content”
- in process: The courses will be made public via our “Legal Academy” in the upcoming months.
- With the Open Forest Protocol: Articles and legal assistance
- NFT Club: Creation of an NFT airdrop campaign for the guild. Also drafting recommendations on ownership and intellectual property considerations for NFT artists.
- With https://legalnodes.com/, to expand our areas of expertise
- Internship program: added a new intern to our team. Actively interviewing process open.
- Added a new legal team member: specialized in crypto-taxation.
New project: collaboration with the NEAR Core, to participate in the Wiki project , and to create a legal part displaying useful legal content to make it available for the community.
Creation of a course with NEAR Academy, to make available for the community
Panel at the NEARcon in Lisbon: The NLG will coordinate a panel in the upcoming event to cover the legalities of DAOs. We will cover the main topics and concerns relevant to this type of organizations.