Launching the BOS Education Campaign

Welcome one and all!

To help grow awareness and encourage the creation of educational materials for the Blockchain Operation System (BOS), we are launching an educational content creation campaign - with a prize pool worth $1,000!

Here are some ideas of the kind of educational content you could produce:

• Infographics and diagrams explaining aspects and features of the BOS.
  • A brief history of NEAR from 2017 to the announcement of the BOS, and what its potential future might look like.
  • How to get started on https://near.org/.
  • An educational video focusing on the BOS’s features.
  • Youtube or TikTok shorts introducing and explaining the BOS to the world.
  • Feedback/feature request video: show what’s good & what would you like to see to be improved.

Brand toolkit is available here, to help make your content look on point!

Judges and Criteria

The content will be judged by members of the NEAR Foundation.

1. Pass/fail stage, to determine whether the produced content reasonably fits the topic and reaches a baseline level of quality.
  2. Scoring will be based on three categories:
  • Educational value - substance [40%]
  • Design - looks [30%]
  • Quality of the idea - creativity and uniqueness [30%]

Prizes

• 1st place - $375 in NEAR

• 2nd place - $275 in NEAR

• 3rd place - $175 in NEAR

• Up to 7 Honorable Mentions - $25 in NEAR

Dates

• Submission deadline:

• July 17, 2023, 15:00 UTC
  • Winners announced:

• July 25, 2023

How To Enter & Rules

• Share your content on Near Social.
  • Share your content on Twitter with the #NEARistheBOS_edu hashtag.
  • Link your Near Social post and Tweet in our Discord. Use the #education-campaign channel.
  • Use this form to officially submit your content.
  • You may submit multiple entries, but can only win one prize.
  • Participants are required to accept T&C, and winners will be required to complete KYC.

Entry IS NOT open to:

• Individuals who are residents of, or Organizations domiciled in, a country, state, province or territory where the laws of the United States or local law prohibits participating or receiving a prize in the campaign (Including but not limited to: Afghanistan, Belarus, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, China, Crimea, Cuba, Eritrea, Iran, Laos, Nicaragua, North Korea, Palestine, Quebec, Russia, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela, Yemen, and Zimbabwe or an entity or person restricted by United States and Swiss Law export controls and sanctions.

Submission form questions:

• What kind of content did you produce?
  • Please share the link to a Google drive containing your submission.
  • Please link your Tweet with the #NEARistheBOS_edu hashtag.
  • Please link your Near Social post.
  • What is your email address?

We are looking forward to see the results of your hard work and creativity! :star_struck:

14 Likes

Hi everyone!

It is time to announce the winners of the Educational content creation campaign we launched a little while back.
Go check out their winning submissions on Near Social:

Honorable mentions:

Congratulation to the winners - and a warm thank you to all the participants! :raised_hands:

Note: Winners will receive an email with a link to KYC in the next 24 hours.

3 Likes

Love It .
Can I make a peace question?

I never knew that Brazil was suffering sanctions from the United States, would there be any document proving this sanction?

because the Brazilian population and government, not even knows about this sanction.

I can help in whatever it takes to understand this .

Thanks

Brazilian president was talking to the North American president this week about commodity exports.

Sure thing, @frado !
The exclusion of Brazil (and Quebec) has nothing to do with sanctions - it’s due to local laws that would require all of the documentation to be in Portuguese (or French).

Ensuring legal compliance in a foreign language isn’t something we currently have the bandwidth to deliver.

1 Like

Thank you for the accurate answer!
I was worried that we were in a new cold war with more inclusions. I have people I know at the Itamaraty and the consulate, I was almost asking if we were on a new list of North American embargoes.
How scared I was. lol :rofl:

No, luckily the reason is fairly mundane. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello ! I can i help in Portuguese?
Brazil is currently very advanced in government terms within the blockchain.
Thanks

Ps: can be a collaboration action’s in Hackhaton