[Introduction] NEAR ARTISANS DAO

Hello NEARians!

My name is Ola Adeshiku A., also known as cryptocanyon. Since 2010, I have been a Bitcoin early adopter. I got interested while playing Second Life and discovering I could exchange my in game Lindens for Bitcoin through an exchange called Virwox.
Since then, I’ve been a part of the cryptocurrency community despite having lost a sizable portion of my savings in the 2017 bitcoin meltdown and subsequent bear market. This hasn’t diminished my enthusiasm for blockchain technology and the prospects it presents. I impart knowledge, mentor newcomers, and take part in debates and actions that promote development and add value to blockchain initiatives and the industry at large. I continue to be a builder and cryptocurrency trader.

Along the process, I owned and exchanged Near Tokens as well. By shining my search light into the Near Ecosystem at the beginning of this year, I learned about Near Creatives and other DAOS, and I found it to be intriguing and supportive of neighborhood activities.
Midway through the year, I made the decision to join the Telegram group and interact with the group. I held off on starting a DAO or making a proposal for months until I found the ideal fit and cause for assisting and empowering Nigerian creatives while promoting and encouraging the integration and use of the Near Ecosystem through education, technical support, and guidance. I have a deep appreciation for the NEAR Protocol’s support and expansion into areas where it seeks more engagement and traction.

Name: NEAR ARTISANS DAO.

NEAR ARTISANS DAO Introduction.

NEAR ARTISANS DAO is going to be a guild under the Near Protocol that will serve as a community of traditional and modern African handcraftsmen and artisans while promoting the NEAR Protocol to the Crafts and Artisans community and to anyone who appreciates the beauty of these creations, whether they are locals, foreign customers, or tourists. Our main objective is to introduce people all over the world to the craftsmen of Nigeria and Africa in general, whose wonderful creations reflect a rich culture and tradition that spans millennia.
The community as a whole benefits from our mission because it rewards the artisans and craftspeople more and brings them closer to the NEAR Community and DAO.

Membership:
People can join our DAO by invite of the council and by reaching us on telegram.
Other Council Members:
Biodun Adeyemi @jump.near

Bossa Lekan David @craft.near

Opportunities and challenges:

Africa has a distinctive visual art form that has developed over thousands of years. Its aesthetic value, which includes powerful, brilliant hues, abstract forms, recurring patterns, and bold lines, is what makes it unique.
A minor portion of the industry is made up of African textiles, beads, bags, batiks, sandals, colorful baskets, utensils, gift goods, jewelry, and accessories.
It is well known that for tourists, shopping for crafts is part and parcel of travelling in Africa.
More than 2 million individuals, many of them from the lower socio economic strata, are employed by the arts and crafts sector in Nigeria alone, and more than 15 million people across Africa.
One issue facing the sector is that many crafts people only have a basic understanding of business.

The absence of business skills among artisans, who frequently only have a minimal education, and limited market access are two problems facing the sector. Many people end up living and dying in poverty because they lack access to adequate markets and fair wages (they are taken advantage of by buyers and middlemen).
We want to provide them with a better opportunity and a fair trade platform so they can make a solid living, provide for their families, send their kids to good schools, have access to quality healthcare, and live in better conditions.

Vision:

NEAR ARTISANS DAO would allow artisans, craftsmen, suppliers, marketers and enthusiasts as well as other related individuals, projects, or DAOs to provide input, propose activities, and coordinate with others.
We want to demonstrate how NEAR ARTISANS DAO and NEAR can influence the expansion of the artistic industry by utilizing the NEAR ecosystem. In line with the DAO’s efforts, our vision prioritizes the artist while empowering the community.

Mission:
NEAR ARTISANS DAO’s mission is clear:

One of our objectives is to onboard many NEARians into the Ecosystem, and our interactions with various stakeholders in the craft and artisan communities have already piqued their curiosity, prompting some of them to learn more about NEAR and Web3.
They have given us feedback stating that selling is important, but so is marketing, networking with potential customers, and finding inspiration from others. These are some of the fundamental problems we are attempting to resolve. While they concentrate on only creating gorgeous works, we take care of the complex issues.

Integrating master craftsmen and artisans into the NEAR Ecosystem.

Bridging and bringing the physical world with the digital through ecommerce and NFTs.

Supporting artisans/craftsmen.

Social media engagement, Digital marketing and SEO.

Construction of artisan hubs to offer a supportive environment and creative space.

Fostering creativity while also imparting fresh ideas to help people improve their artistic endeavors.

Workshops and trainings on web3 and NEAR tools to help them.

collaborations inside the NEAR Ecosystem with other like-minded creatives, groups, and DAOs.

Support communal initiatives for creativity.

Create chances and encourage participation.

Increase and support the participation of women and underserved populations in the Near ecosystem and web 3 space.

launching collaborative initiatives with the Federal Ministry of Culture and Tourism as well as the States, as well as collaborating with NGOs and foreign governments and organizations in an effort to expand the craft market globally.

In conclusion, our goal is to draw people closer to NEAR. Utilize technology, Create more wallets, transactions and payments.

Join Us on:

Thanks.

3 Likes

hi @Cryptocanyon , are you trying to create another NEAR Artisans DAO?

https://gov.near.org/t/approved-near-artisans-family-dao-september-budget/28776

You can join our telegram

https://t.me/familydaoartisans
@creativesdao-council

5 Likes

Not start another in the sense of it but planning on doing something different. Rather than engaging individual artisans, we want to engage and onboard them at the markets and en-masse.
Planning on building an online store where all their works can be showcased and bought from all over the world while ensuring the authenticity and quality of their crafts.

Lagos has over 5 crafts tourist markets and that’s where we are starting from. We have already spoken to lots of them and they are happy and ready to embrace the idea.

So, picture an Etsy of crafts and artisanal products. That’s what we want to build and nurture.

I like the idea, but in my opinion @Jummyk is right. For all the NEAR connectedthings you can use already crated DAO, and be a part of it, bring more members to it

Other things like you can do using other sources or part of the revenue created by NEAR related promotions/sales

3 Likes

you’re planning do, but we already doing.

Everything u mention is what we do, will be glad to have u with us :heart_hands:

3 Likes

Mods, kindly look into this. we have put a lot of time and effort into this.
@PaulCrans, @WilliamX, @Cryptonaut, @blusw, @kc_sollano

Sorry, but i didn’t found the results of the time and efforts you put in to this. Can you please share them again if I missed them?
For now I can see the “idea”. Did IT took a lot of time and efforts ?

2 Likes

You are obviously biased. I know who you are supporting.

I’m just trying to figure out what did u did :thinking:

I’m supporting NEAR community, and if you think that I’m biased, please answer the question: Does my comment don’t have constructive criticism?
Btw, you didn’t answered the question :wink: :

2 Likes

How does this add value to the NEAR ecosystem?

1 Like

Feel free to join and lets build, fam Good news, we are also in Lagos, Lekki to be precise. You’re welcome

2 Likes

You and your partners keep saying we should join your telegram group and DAO but your telegram has been set to private.

We can’t even join your telegram. How are we sure we will be able to make any impact or decisions in your DAO.