(Introduction)Global Blockchain Developer ( GBD) DAO

Global Blockchain Developer ( GBD) DAO - gbddao.near

Introduction

The Global Blockchain Developer ( GBD) DAO is a guild under the Near protocol that aims to onboard and support developers working on NEAR BOS. Our main intention is to provide funding, resources, and mentorship to help developers build great products on NEAR BOS.

Who We Are

We are a DAO created by developers, for developers. We are composed of experienced developers, engineers, and designers who are passionate about building on NEAR BOS. We are committed to helping developers succeed and to making NEAR BOS the premier platform for blockchain development.

Membership

People can join our DAO as a member by applying through our website. We will be accepting applications from developers of all skill levels, from beginners to experienced professionals.

Council Members

The council is responsible for the day-to-day management of the DAO. The council members are elected by the DAO members.
Below is the brief bio of the council members

achoski.near

As a journalist with over 20 years of experience, Eric has worked for several magazines in Africa and the UK. He was the former publisher of ISMOsports magazine and served as the webmaster/content manager and editor of the Confederation of African Football (CAF) website. In this role, he was responsible for content management, strategy formulation, and implementation to enhance the organization’s image and promote football.
Currently, Eric holds some positions. He is the Director of Sports and Youth Development at the Nigeria Legion, Lagos State Council. He is also the Editor-in-Chief of the C1 Foundation Newsletter and the Managing Editor of the Nigeria Blockchain Business Report. Additionally, Eric is the founder and Chief Technology Leader (CTL) of Blockchain Breeders, a partner of the International Council of Registered Blockchain Professionals (ICORBP). Through Blockchain Breeders, Eric focuses on spreading awareness and education about blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies, particularly among high school students and adults.
In terms of education, Eric holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business Communications from Atlantic International University (USA) and has pursued additional certifications and diplomas in various fields, including advertising, public relations, sports management, and journalism. He also possesses computer education qualifications and CIW (Certified Internet Webmaster) certifications.
Eric is a Certified Blockchain Enterprise Professional as well as Certified Artificial Intelligence Expert. He is a Council member of C1 Foundation, a guild powered by NEAR Blockchain and has been instrumental in the onboarding of many to NEAR. And now a co-founder of Blockchain Dev DAO. Part of his vision is to contribute enormously to the growth of NEAR and promote collaboration with other Blockchains in the ecosystem, especially with the introduction of BOS, which is a game changer.
Apart from his professional pursuits, Eric is a farmer and a martial artist in Taekwondo. He has represented Nigeria in speedball world championships and has been recognized with awards for his outstanding performance in sports.
Eric I. Asomugha speaks two of major Nigerian languages, fluent in English and has some knowledge of Arabic and a passable French.

ezedominion.near
I am a highly motivated and experienced professional with a passion for innovation and technology. I graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in 2014. I then attended the African Management Institute in 2016, where I earned a Master of Business Administration (MBA). In 2022, I attended the Founder Institute, the world’s largest pre-seed startup accelerator, where I learned about international business relations, management, and innovation.
I am currently a consultant at a leading blockchain firm, where I help clients solve complex business problems. I am also a co-founder of a startup that is developing new technology to improve the efficiency of digital asset management.
I am a team player and I am always willing to go the extra mile. I am also a quick learner and I am always eager to take on new challenges. I am confident that I can make a significant contribution to any organization.

masterclem.near

I am Iyida Clement Ikechukwu(@MasterClems), a seasoned software engineer and mathematician with a strong foundation in mathematics. After excelling in academics, I transitioned from teaching mathematics to software engineering in 2018, acquiring expertise in PHP, Laravel, Angular, Git, JavaScript, Python, C, TypeScript, Bootstrap, CSS, React, and blockchain development. As a former Blockchain Developer at BNUG, I specialized in creating community dApps, focusing on NFT marketplaces, event ticketing, and crypto swapping. My role involved designing, developing, and deploying blockchain-based solutions. I also served as a Chief Technology Officer at DAST Technology, contributing to the organization’s tech direction. Currently pursuing a Computer Science degree at the University of the People, I am dedicated to technology innovation and problem-solving. My diverse experience positions me as a valuable asset for any organization’s success.

General Members

General members are the DAO’s voting members. They have the right to vote on proposals and to elect the council members.

Our Goals

The Global Blockchain Developer ( GBD) DAO aims to:
Onboard and support developers working on NEAR BOS
Provide funding for NEAR BOS development projects
Provide resources and mentorship to developers
Make NEAR BOS the premier platform for blockchain development

Our Plans

In the short term, we plan to:
Launch our website and start accepting applications for membership
Host regular meetups and workshops for developers
Provide funding for NEAR BOS development projects

In the long term, we plan to:
Become the leading DAO for supporting developers working on NEAR BOS
Make NEAR BOS the premier platform for blockchain development

Social Medias

Twitter: https://twitter.com/developers_dao
Telegram: Telegram: Join Group Chat
Facebook: Global Blockchain Developers DAO
Linkedin: LinkedIn Login, Sign in | LinkedIn
Discord: Global Blockchain Developers DAO

What’s Next?

We are currently in the process of launching our website and accepting applications for membership. We will be announcing more details soon.
If you have thoughts or questions
Please feel free to contact us through our website or our social media channel. We look forward to hearing from you!

@Cryptonaut
@kc_sollano
@Paul
@williamx

@dominiondu
@masterclem.near

4 Likes

The GBD DAO’s proposal for NEAR BOS is a commendable initiative, fostering developer support and blockchain growth. Excited to witness this progress! Wishing it great success ahead.

1 Like

I’m excited to see the Global Blockchain Developer DAO launch and support developers working on NEAR BOS. I believe this DAO has the potential to make NEAR BOS the premier platform for blockchain development globally.

I think the DAO’s goals and plans are ambitious but achievable.
The council members have a lot of experience and expertise, and I’m confident they can execute their plans.

I’m also glad that the DAO is open to developers of all skill levels. This will help to ensure that the DAO is successful in its mission to onboard and support developers working on NEAR BOS.

I wish the DAO all the best in its launch and future endeavors

I would love to learn something new through this DAO
GBD DAO is great initiative for the upcoming on chain Builders :blush:

1 Like

Hi @Acho, welcome to Creatives DAO.

Can you provide external linkk to member profiles? Like Github or social media link?

1 Like

@acho
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eric-asomugha-2691a183
https://twitter.com/Ashaka_nft

@dominiondu
https://www.linkedin.com/in/dominiondu
https://twitter.com/EzeDominion2?t=gahQ4s5DsKkNUWsoubn0Ow&s=09

@masterclem.near
https://www.linkedin.com/in/iyidaclem
https://twitter.com/iyidaik

As a new community, the developers that will join the project development will be onboarded. Our membership of onboarded people will grow as they use our product. In addition to the interest this project will generate, we shall continue to market through social media and in irl.
We want to set the pace for others on how a new DAO can grow, expand and contribute to NEAR through commitment and a dedicated work structure.

1 Like

Hello @williamx,

Here is the social media handles of the team members.

Thanks for your support!