[Hackathon_may]New Manhattan Project- Virtual City and Economy on Mars(Metaverse)

• What project you are requesting funds for construction of virtual City on Mars.

• Your name, NEAR account, and the timeline you are requesting funding for.*
    name-Kane Waterworth, NEAR account-e7cadfa3fec3653b99aa66560dc24016894b8facd307c22f121ff93cc98ad0ae
    Timeline- 6 weeks (Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3)

• The address that will be the “target” of the payout proposal.
    e7cadfa3fec3653b99aa66560dc24016894b8facd307c22f121ff93cc98ad0ae

• Total Requested Funding Amount
    150 NEAR

• What tasks the funds are required for (Outlined with as much detail as possible. Please add external links where appropriate).

• Please provide a timeline and milestones for your project.
    Phase 1- concept UIs (completed)/pitch deck and presentation (currently working on)
    Phase 2- blockchain connections with graphical environment
    Phase 3- release and deployment

• How the completion of the tasks outlined supports the NEAR community.
    NEAR needs a competitive Metaverse. Ethereum has many (sandbox, cryptovoxels etc) and Polkadot will soon have Bitcountry ($4million raised in investment). NEAR needs a way to easily show DeFi through visual means to enable onboarding as current DeFi has a high learn curve that limit mainstream adoption. I’m going to submit other proposals based on this project, this one is just the beginning.

1 Like

I have been posting images of the render for this project in the discord hackathon channel as it is ongoing.

1 Like

Which topic are you submitting to? This is currently in the “Createbase” subcategory, but that is incorrect if this is a hackathon project following the 4 tasks flow (ideation, presentation, video, gihtub) I also see that you are requesting 150 Near which makes me feel like this isn’t a hackathon project :see_no_evil:

I don’t know what category a Metaverse should be in.

It’s up to you to decide which category of the hackathon your project fits best in. I would suggest VR, since it’s a metaverse.

This is the link for the VR hackathon track where you can write a forum post with your submission: Virtual Reality - NEAR Forum

Please follow these guidelines when writing your post: [Guide] Createbase Hackathon - VR DAO

The payouts you can request in the hackathon are:

• Ideation (min 500 words): 10 NEAR
  • Project Presentation (Visual Outline): 20 NEAR
  • Video Demo (Video Presentation): 30 NEAR
  • Github Submission (Read me, video presentation, open-source): 40 NEAR
1 Like

Thanks @lenara, I have moved this over to the vr-dao subcategory.

Project began initial goals met resubmitting to SputnikDAO for next phase. https://www.newmanhattanmars.com/

1 Like

hey hey @virtualworldindustri how are you?? Just to let you guys know that the VR DAO is still on and we’re still funding proposals… We’d like to know if this project was taken further in the post- hackathon. How is it going? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Let us know if anything is needed! looking fwd to know more about the next steps cheers :raised_hands: