GWG/NDC April Funding Request
Please find attached GWGs first funding request to cover costs related to stewarding the delivery of NDC V1 Gov led by the NEAR Community. The GWG’s mandate is to steward and facilitate Gigs, RFPs, and Roles to BuiDL and deliver NDC V1 Gov by late Summer '23.
Following Creatives DAO’s first funding request, this will be the second request from the NDC Community to get funded from the Community Treasury.
About the NDC
The NDC is a Community-Led movement to BuiDL Web3 Gov on NEAR.
- BuiDL Gov on NEAR
- Contribute and be Rewarded
How to Contribute
- Join a Workgroup and Contribute (choose from 20 WG’s)
NDC Workgroups on NDCDocs
- Pickup a Gig or RFP on BOS (check the NDC Community Hub )
- Apply for GWG Open Roles (check the NDC Community Hub )
The NDC is led by the NEAR Community!
April Funding Request
This request is a modification of the budgeted April expenses as outlined in the Q2 budget for GWG. The budget has been updated based on actual requests made to the GWG for retroactive funding.
Original budget: $172,786 - posted here
Actual request: $130,112 - see details below
The reason our funding request is less than anticipated in the budget is largely explained by a later start and fewer bounties than expected, less travel costs than expected to Consensus, and a change of approach to not carry a treasury buffer. See more details below.
New GWG Funding Process
- Community posts their retroactive funding requests by the 5th of each month. New users also trigger the KYC process by filling out a KYC request form
- GWG consolidates all requests into one Funding Request, balancing them against budget
- Core Contributor TG group agree internally to review and support Funding Request (draft is published on Notion)
- Post Funding Request publicly on Gov forum which is this post
- Public commentary, GWG to potentially update as needed.
- GWG DAO poll across all Contributors stating their support for the Funding Request, with link to the Gov Forum post
- Make CT aware of previous steps, answer any questions, and ask them to transfer to GWG DAO
- GWG DAO to pay out accordingly, to be executed as multiple Transfer Fund Votes in the GWG DAO
The funding request is not final and exact. It should be seen as a cap for what the GWG DAO can pay. Any potential overages are be handled in the following month’s request.
|GWG Budget, Q2 2023||Orig budget||Actual Request||Diff|
|Bounties, BOS Widgets||$2,500||$2,500||0|
|Bounties, NDC Dashboard||$16,000||$16,000||0|
|Bounties, UI/UX Work||$10,000||$10,000||0|
|General Bounties||$12,500||$2,500||-10000||Later start to and fewer general bounties than expected|
|Bounties & Gigs Total||$41,000||$31,000||-10000|
|Travel||$9,000||$1,600||-7400||Fewer travel costs than expected|
|Core Team, Governance||$4,250||$4,250||0|
|Core Team, WG Charters||0|
|Core Team, Legal||$4,500||$4,500||0|
|Core Team, Community Mgr||$3,500||$3,500||0|
|Core Team, Near Studio||$22,500||$22,500||0|
|Core Team, Social Media Strategy||$4,500||$4,500||0|
|Core Team, WG Coaching||$4,250||$4,250||0|
|IAH Incentives, Guerilla Marketing||$0||$0||0|
|Bounties, Charter Drafting||$5,000||$10,000||5000||More charters drafted than expected|
|Bounties, Note Takers||$1,200||$1,470||270||More meetings than expected|
|Core Team, Project Managers||$16,510||$10,010||-6500||Recruiting took longer than expected|
|Tools & Subscriptions||$500||$500||0|
|Program Mgmt Total||$23,210||$21,980||-1230|
|Core Team, Architect||$8,000||$8,616||616||Adding VAT|
|Core Team, Full Stack||$4,000||$2,000||-2000||Fewer dev hours required than expected|
|Core Team, QA||$2,500||$1,739||-760.6||Fewer dev hours required than expected|
|Core Team, Smart Contracts||$2,500||$1,680||-820||Fewer dev hours required than expected|
|Grand Total, Before Non-costs||$145,510||$123,915||-21594.6|
|Treasury Buffer||$20,000||$0||-20000||Treasury buffer not to be used|