Creators' Hunt for Africa

GET NEAR, YOU CREATOR!

Africa is an embodiment of over 3000 tribes with rich culture and heritage. In Nigeria alone, there are about 371 tribes - each tribe embody varying myths, traditional beliefs, religions and festivities.

This proposal not only presents an opportunity to African visual creators but also presents the Near network a massive library of contents and a fleet of African users.

Nigeria being the most populous black nation in the world, engaging users from the country would mean that there will be an equal representation of black/African users in the Near Network vis a vis DAO.

Entertainment is mostly about telling stories and these stories have been told and expressed extensively through music, paintings, literature, fashion, style, food etc. Some of these forms are either under expressed or not expressed at all. Thus, Creators’ Hunt.

Creators’ Hunt is a monthly event. Every month comes with a theme and each theme comes with its own bounty. These bounties are rewards to the creative(s) that best express the theme of the month. For example, the theme is about women empowerment, and creatives are to present audiovisual contents that best express women empowerment in an African tribe or tribes. Bounties labelled for this theme are either independent or sponsored. These files submitted are reviewed and displayed in the metaverse and at a live event In any part of Africa. The most compelling story based on the theme wins the bounty while other stories are minted as NFTs and sold through Near Mintbase.

This will not only help in onboarding a lot of creatives and viewers, create a social space for creators to connect and collaborate, but also, Creators’ Hunt will be empowring creatives while assembling, presenting and securing information for the future.

Another observation to make is the ability of these contents to improve social media presence and foster a new learning curve for other Africans and those in diaspora.

Promotions will be done through blogs, podcasts, social media influencers and websites which will cost about 200 NEAR.

The award for the most compelling story each month will be set at 500 NEAR.
Expecting a first stage onboarding of at least 50 African creators.

3 Likes

Hey @MYKHEL the idea for Creator’s Hunt is great! I’d love to know a bit more about the process and the various elements and details involved in putting it all together. You should proposal this as an Ideation proposal to the DAO while you work out the details. I see some overlap with Createbase and NxM in terms of bringing on board a variety of creators and I’d love to see how NFTs fit into the equations as well!

Seems like an interesting proposal, but this should not be in the Createbase SputnikDAO. I’m assuming @vandal meant for you to submit your post to the NxM DAO. There’s also an NXM category if the forum, so feel free to use that category for this post. I’ll add the NxM-dao tag.

We will be downvoting this from Createbase. Our submission guide is here: How to apply for funding with Createbase - Createbase

1 Like

Hey @vandal, attached to this message is the link to the process and details of the event Creator’s Hunt as requested. I’ll appreciate your comments and ideas

1 Like

Awesome! Glad to see progress on this project @MYKHEL. NxM will always do it’s best to help get projects off the ground, just keep in mind some changes to the budgeting and current limitations for funding from the DAO. Have a look at the latest community call here where i outline some of what is to be expected moving forward. On that note, it would be good to revisit your budget request accordingly (USD value rather than NEAR). Any questions just drop em here!