Creatives DAO Charter

Thanks for this valuable clarification and insight. I have made the necessary corrections in original post. Nature of claims remains the same.

Can you also chime in on the core issue raised -

I’ll escalate this suggestion (along with the main points of the thread), but this is above the level of my decision-making.

1 Like

Thanks for the doc. I have left some comments, but mod Crawn rejected them in a regular CDAO manner without any explanation.

1. Rejected proposal regarding people who are eligible to vote for Creative DAO councils. The doc limited Community members and established restrictions to the election, which go against NDC Constitution and Manifesto written by the Community. Only a certain number of members are eligible to participate in the voting.

2. Rejected proposal about appeal right for Community members. With the last CDAO funding round report https://gov.near.org/t/report-creatives-dao-march-funding-report/33468/22 we got a lot of negative feedback regarding score system from Community members (@thephilosopher @GeminiRising @sheadyyy
    @reespect @Romanus @Supercoolkay), some of them were hidden by CDAO. I suggested having an independent body Transparency Commission to resolve these issues and give recommendations.

3. Also, the doc imposes additional duties on community members to hold mandatory weekly meetings and work with POAP NFTs. In my opinion, this can not be required.

1 Like

But I’m only one of thousands of Community team member, and it’s my opinion. We need to ask the entire Community.

Should the Comminunity approve the CDAO charter in current edition?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

It would be great if @creativesdao-council will ask

to vote here.

1 Like

in full support of the Chater upto my understanding… Thank you dear Mods.

3 Likes

Hi everyone!

As stated by Illia, please share your feedback in the COIN format.

A conclusive poll right now without any community feedback, discussion and understanding would lead to premature decision making and outcome.

Forum is a space to express our thoughts, however for a more organised discussion about specific points, please share your concerns, recommendations and suggestions in the googles doc

For a one on one discussion about any concern or suggestion, our office ours are open between Tuesday to Thursday, 11am to 2pm UTC.

I will be responding to all messages in the thread tomorrow. Have a good weekend everyone :pray:

3 Likes

Just voted yes :white_check_mark:.

Thanks for all of the open communication and work to make sure that the Creatives DAO is as efficient as it can be for the NEAR Ecosystem.

Imo, there is always need for improvement, and it’s great to see that there are so many active community members that have something to say and an opinion on the activities of the Creatives DAO.

Both myself and the Marma J Foundation fully support the creatives DAO and are committed to working to support the initiative continuing to improve.

The Creatives DAO has been a pioneer in the NEAR ecosystem since it’s inception, the methods by which it operates will of course continue to have to evolve, the markets change quickly within this ecosystem, and there’s always more data to gather and use to improve.

In my opinion, the Creatives DAO is far from perfect, but it’s also doing amazing work to showcase the inclusivity and power of the near ecosystem and community. I DO believe that the Creatives DAO needs a more technicality focused vision/direction, but halting activities brings us farther from that eventuality, not closer.

From the support of the Creatives DAO, the Marma J DAO has been able to support and manage Marma J Gaming as well as get a community together to work on Allies Marketplace (Built on Mintbase).

With the continued support of the creatives DAO, we are hoping to be able to educate and empower more creative DAOs in the NEAR ecosystem to go beyond simply creating, but move into building tools that support creators/creatives.

In my opinion, creatives and creators will be the ones who build the Dapps that make NEAr successful, but yes, creatives need technical support as well as economic support to build. The Creatives DAO was never meant to simply be a funding mechanism, and I feel like the Creatives DAO now finally has the freedom to start building the rest of its on ramps to support that can coincide and work together with the economic support it has been providing for almost 2 years now.

The Creatives DAO is the first public funding vertical within the NEAR ecosystem and has a lot of history in the space. Finding efficient ways to build upon that history seems like an efficient pathway forward.

13 Likes

Voting Yes.
The creative dao to my best knowledge has expanded the reach of near ecosystem to different African communities, with a lot of amazing projects and dapps that are of great value to Creatives in Africa. W3 music
It is just fair to note that the new Council members from the creative dao are putting in a lot of work to improve on our structure as we evolve.
I strongly believe that the creative dao is on a very clear path to growing the near ecosystem.

5 Likes

To be clear. The intention is not to halt activities altogether. It is to acknowledge the issue in the current framework and get things right before we proceed. Even if you maintain interim funding, the call for feedback on the current document is now. The window of opportunity for improvements is now. How can we strive for improvement if we codify a flawed document? By design, the Charter and Trust instrument are not meant to be reviewed every two weeks. I do fear that if these issues are not tackled now, it is only a matter of time before the funding will stop eventually.

I agree with most of this and I hope we can work together to construct something that makes sense for more creative focused outlets while maximizing impact for the near ecosystem and web3 as a whole.

1 Like

Def agree with this. I feel like the leaders that are for and against this proposal all want the same things.

I believe there is a bright future for the creatives dao and I also believe it has earned the skepticism. Hopefully we can instill faith again amongst the greater community.

5 Likes

But how come creatives DAO is working the most, and getting the most hate from these only same set of people.

I’m not here to speak for others intentions, however, though creatives DAO is working hard to operate more effectively, the ship got way off track and it needed to be acknowledged.

@Dacha I am against the vote on this forum as it is NOT Credible and its manipulated,

OUR Members are :100: not the one voting NO

ill advise lets carry out this POLL on https://near.social/#/ !

@creativesdao-council

1 Like

perfect! in the point !
:dart:

1 Like

DimensionDAO is very much in support of the charter and the course the mods are taking Creatives DAO. We’re new to the community and happy to be part of it through these exciting times.

1 Like

Good evening! Yes, why not. Could you please create a poll on Near.Social? I’m am neutral person in the voting. If you have any evidence about manipulation, please share with me in DM. Thank you!

Please share a link on Near.Social.

1 Like

It is important to stop using the word ‘hate’ to categorise anything you disagree with.

It would also be helpful to the conversation to stay away from the broad generalisations, particularly comparisons with other verticals of the ecosystem you may not actually have much engagement with.

The claims in this post aren’t that there is no work being done or that Creatives is performing X compared to Y.

There is a very specific set of issues I’ve raised in regards to the adequacy of the work - the output of the ‘hard work’. This is what Sahil has expressly asked for feedback.

Why is any forthcoming feedback getting shut down and called hate?

Why hasn’t ANYONE addressed any of the issues wit the current charter I’ve addressed above?

2 Likes

Votes on Forum are not always credible, and thats on PERIOD!

1 Like

As in any fund, there is profit, draw and expense risk.
I support CreativeDAO 100%, I would love to support the DEV DAO 100%, but I still find the access too diffuse, really fraDAO needs help to understand the entry, in the DEV DAO. I miss Education DAO, education is the basis of everything, and it seems that this has been passed on to CreativeDAO.

CreativeDAO had to become Education DAO, Marketing DAO and CreativeDAO in just one fund, this in my view is detrimental!

Marketing DAO seems to have embraced CreativeDAO claiming passion project, my only criticism of Marketing DAO is the lack of vision of Branding and just numbers. KPI is important, but Branding is above all that, and they seem to forget that.

I don’t understand evolution very well, without education, even technocrats need education.

I go through many areas from engineering, medical, arts, branding, electronics, marketing and finance.

Furthermore, I can say that there is a certain resentment towards the creative area (CreativeDAO), with the simple excuse that we don’t give financial return, and they don’t like creative people, and they exalt people who work in companies from 9AM to 6PM, it seems that these standard people are the heroes of the world and the rest are a bunch of unemployed people.

Working with creativity is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, the mind does not stop, this is the involvement in creative and branding projects, because we exalt the value of the brand and disseminate it in the best way, without saving effort and without calculating hours of work. The Creative and Branding professional lives the project intensely and not just clocking in at an office. The Creative DAO is also a branding action too, that not even the Marketing DAO seems to understand.

This paragraph below is directly to the technocrats and engineers.

Who elevates the NEAR brand value to excellence? It is not only the engineering but the functional aesthetics, defending the brand 24/7 directly with the people involved. The Rust programming, chosen by NEAR, was a great success, everything works beautifully and fast.
Should NEAR be just a token pool and farm machine?

I really liked the old NEAR slogan: Reimagining the world. I am here because of the Slogan, it touched me! My 2022 roadmap was based on that slogan and I still have the vision to reimagine the world using the NEAR protocol, merging Creation with infrastructure, that is the Roadmap for 2023 of fraDAO.

I suggest that people who are against or do not value creativeDAO to create a DAO and do Creative projects here in the ecosystem, I can help them in the whole process and they will see the difficulty of the whole process, and I am sure they will have to work beyond 8 hours a day, reaching 14 hours and reading and answering NF, in the morning, afternoon, night and early morning, including Saturday and Sunday.

Yes for Creative DAO, yes for Marketing DAO to have a vision of Branding, yes for devDAO.

I want to thank the team of @creativesdao-council who have tirelessly worked hard this whole time.

Voted YES @Dacha ! and thank you always for your hard work and amazing mindness

9 Likes